$6.99 for that??

manxminx
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

$6.99 for that??

[Post New]by manxminx on Jun 11, 09 10:17 AM
How on earth can that price be justified? I only played for an extra 30 mins or so after getting in the storage room before the game suddenly ended. Do we get the next parts (or 'episodes') for free, like a voucher code or something, or do we have to fork out for them too?? When you compare this game and the likes of Syberia (1 & 2) for value for money they are miles apart.

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:$6.99 for that??

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Jun 11, 09 10:25 AM
Was your 1 hr demo time up? I exited out of the game with 1/2 hr left on the demo and it said there were many adventures to do after u leave the office.

Thanks for the tip I will into this before I buy

[Post New]by islandgirllesa on Jun 11, 09 10:25 AM
i agree. i contacted customer service. if everone who buys this game does that, then customer service is going to be giving away alot of coupons.

[Post New]by Dani24 on Jun 11, 09 11:06 AM
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where is LapLand????????????
You have to pay another $6.99 for LapLand????????
I am off to have a talk with customer service as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Jun 11, 09 11:49 AM
Hi all!

Lapland is in Finland, Europe. SantaClaus lives Lapland, Korvatunturi. Sweden and Russia is Finlands neighbourhood land.

Are this game really this short?! If its, this game is a money waste! Ending really to professor traveling...continued?
When, what? I dont understand!

Greetings from Finland!

Edited on 06/12/2009 at 9:54:05 AM PST

goldpig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

$6.99 for that??

[Post New]by goldpig on Jun 11, 09 4:05 PM
manxminx wrote: How on earth can that price be justified? I only played for an extra 30 mins or so after getting in the storage room before the game suddenly ended. Do we get the next parts (or 'episodes') for free, like a voucher code or something, or do we have to fork out for them too?? When you compare this game and the likes of Syberia (1 & 2) for value for money they are miles apart.

Did you redownload the game after you bought it? I had to redownload the game because it is only a partial download for the demo. 170 MB for trial and 200 for full version. Try redownloading the game.

goldpig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by goldpig on Jun 11, 09 7:21 PM
I downloaded the full version after I bought it and it does end also at the train. I sent a message to BF about it. Very dissapointed because it looks like it is going to be good. It also looks like there will be 12 episodes because at the end on the phone he states that there are 12 stops he has to make.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jun 11, 09 9:32 PM
geez alot of frustrated people with this one.... i don't think i will try it until things get sorted out..alot of people having trouble on no instructions and what to do..etc....sounds wicked bad....sorry to hear

sliker
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sliker on Jun 11, 09 11:18 PM
there is a lot too the game. more then you may think all chapters are there you travel to many places. it is a good game i had it before bfg put it out wish i new would have save some money. so gl with game.

sliker
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sliker on Jun 11, 09 11:21 PM
check out gameboomers for walkthough you can see what the whole game involves

[Post New]by Kimmieroo on Jun 12, 09 9:05 AM
yeah, this totally sucks!!! I finished the game in 2 hours...I am soo totally unsatisfied............

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Jun 12, 09 10:02 AM
I understand this game to continued... but if every scene pay 6.99...expensive one game...but this game is good!

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jun 12, 09 2:39 PM
islandgirllesa wrote:i agree. i contacted customer service. if everone who buys this game does that, then customer service is going to be giving away alot of coupons.

I did contact Customer Support and requested a refund because of the way the navigation works makes my RSI flare up, the game was interesting enough but for me not physically capable of playing it. I received my coupon from Customer Support this morning.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 12, 09 3:10 PM
Q. Anyone know whether BFG has taken official decision to increase number of episodes that will come packaged w/ACON for the $6.99 buy price?
(Definitely I agree that one only, i.e., London Scene, falls significantly short of BFG's usually excellent value for dollar game offerings.)
=>from demo play, game so far is a v.good adventure game IMO!

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Jun 12, 09 4:45 PM
I am disappointed that the game offered is only episode 1 of what turns out to be a 3 part series of games.
However, it has occurred to me that the size of the download game file that would contain all 3 episodes (I would imagine) would be huge -- so I think I understand the decision to break it up.

I would like the description of the game to indicate that the "scenes" are part of a series.

As to the price -- at 6.99 for each "scene" -- the price ends up being a little less than if you purchased the boxed set AGON (Ancient Games of Nations): The Mysterious Codex, Episodes 1-3 at Amazon for 19.99 plus tax and shipping.

The original concept of the game was as we have received it here at Big Fish -- individual episodes (created separately) for sale and download from the agongame dot com site. Private Moon Studios created something different, credit goes to the developers.

And now that I have thought about it I have to say Thanks to Big Fish for bringing this series of games to my attention.

Edited on 06/12/2009 at 4:47:21 PM PST

goldpig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by goldpig on Jun 12, 09 5:16 PM
I understand what you're saying itsme07 however there are many games that are available for 6.99 that are 19.99 at the store. For example, Art of Murder costs 19.99 at the store but you can get the full game here for 6.99 so I would think that they would offer all three episodes for 6.99.

I agree that the description should be better worded. I guess because it only took me about 30 minutes to complete the first scene I was a little dissapointed especially when many other large file games are several hours for the same price.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) if you bought the first episode you can get the others for free as an upgrade or something along that line. Just a thought I had.

itsme07
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by itsme07 on Jun 12, 09 6:13 PM
And I understand you goldpig

Perhaps finger crossing will do the trick.

Other then the length, did you enjoy the game?

goldpig
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by goldpig on Jun 12, 09 7:55 PM
itsme07 wrote:And I understand you goldpig

Perhaps finger crossing will do the trick.

Other then the length, did you enjoy the game?

I enjoyed the game very much so that is why I am soooo disappointed that it was that short. I could play that game for hours because the storyline is very intriguing.

P.S. I am in contact with CS and waiting for a response on the other episodes.

Edited on 06/12/2009 at 7:57:12 PM PST

manxminx
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by manxminx on Jun 13, 09 1:26 AM
Well after contacting CS, I received 2 coupons in this mornings email. Part of the email say's
"Since I can see how you'd think the next sections would have a price difference since its a short game, I'm afraid the price will be the same as any other game. So to make up for this, here's 2 more Coupons to use in getting new games or to finish the game when the other sections are released. "

Thank you BF for the coupons it is much appreciated, but really you need to re-think your pricing on this game or you will be giving out alot of coupons.

[Post New]by Buffalo12980 on Jun 13, 09 2:28 PM
BIGFISG GAMES IS LOCATED IN SEATTLE WASHINGTON. THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS 206-213-5733

Go to: