Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 22, 15 12:51 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 6:56:38 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 22, 15 6:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Nightfall Mysteries: Haunted by the Past.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Mar 22, 15 5:29 PM
if i find myself growing bored during the demo thats not a good sign. i'll wait for when its on clearance and consider it again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 22, 15 7:39 PM
I made the mistake and bought the CE (in a sale, thank goodness). I didn't even finish the main game. After the interesting start, the game got quickly tedious. Besides that, the graphics are crude in many places.

bejo95
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bejo95 on Mar 22, 15 11:53 PM
Hi, what are we supposed to do with the masks ? Where are they ?

greuey60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by greuey60 on Mar 27, 15 3:06 PM
Glad I didn't buy this game. Really liked it till it came to the tea, tea bag and flowers. Will not work. Click everywhere to put flowers in tea cup which says its first. Wont do anything. Hit the hint button and it says petals in cup. Well doesn't work. If they ever get this fixed will buy it. Glad I just tried it first.Not going to waste my money.

catmartie
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by catmartie on Mar 28, 15 9:29 AM
greuey60 wrote:Glad I didn't buy this game. Really liked it till it came to the tea, tea bag and flowers. Will not work. Click everywhere to put flowers in tea cup which says its first. Wont do anything. Hit the hint button and it says petals in cup. Well doesn't work. If they ever get this fixed will buy it. Glad I just tried it first.Not going to waste my money.

I had trouble placing these items; first, you seem to have to hit the sweet spots; second, the rose petals don't go in the cup straight away but in a bowl behind and to the right.

[Post New]by IBMicki on Mar 29, 15 11:02 AM
I can not find any of the masks..do they just come with the collectors as I bought the standard issue..help

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Apr 2, 15 4:39 PM
I liked this game. It kept going and going. A bit persnickety at times and by that I mean you had to be VERY specific when you were placing items. Really had to be in the right spot or the item went back into inventory. Never did find a mask though...

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Apr 2, 15 9:17 PM
IBMicki wrote:I can not find any of the masks..do they just come with the collectors as I bought the standard issue..help

The masks are for the CE.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 9, 15 12:26 PM
Apparently I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed this game. Yes, you sometimes needed to be a bit "right on" when clicking on some items but that wasn't a big thing...I get that in a lot of games. The one thing that drove me nuts was trying to keep all the characters straight and the relationships between them. The story was a bit lame...I mean, who discards a child for any reason?

The transporter map was terrific and it was REALLY needed as this game was all over. I played on custom level so I was able to set the hint and skip pretty fast which helped with the awful mini games...tedious, My tolerance level for those is pretty low anyway so they never get positive remarks from me. HOS were fairly creative and easy. The game moved along quite smoothly (thanks to the map) for me. Voice overs on some characters were good, others somewhat annoying. I didn't particularly like the audio tapes and you really don't have to play them but they do fill the story out a bit. If you read faster than they speak you can just close the tape up before its done and put it away.

I did find the graphics a bit blurry at times...not as crisp as some games, but the animations were good as well as the colors. Characters lips don't move when they speak if that bothers some people. This game did have a lot of things to do, and sometimes you had to think about it a bit...definitely an adventure game.

This game was a long game for a SE...Although the ending was good, I think the CE may have continued it a bit...not sure though...but I wouldn't waste the money trying to find out...it ended OK. I would give this game a 4- out of 5...not really sure why other gamers thought it was boring, I didn't at all and I've been playing these games for years.

Edited on 04/09/2015 at 12:28:09 PM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 28, 15 4:35 PM
Based on completed game:

A decent game w/ an interesting story – I liked how more was revealed via cassette tapes; a nice touch to keep it dated. Decent graphics (not blurry or grainy), good VOs, a clearly marked transport map to cover 19 locations (Phew! I was lost w/o it), fun HOPs and interesting puzzles; some w/ a twist on same ‘ol (Ex: Open coffin match symbols). All characters were well-suited to the story except Viggio whose role was reduced to being such a ninny.

Later in the game (past the gates), back-and-forth felt too much. This ruined the end, when, at a time of life and death, I had to first visit 3 other locations for related (and unrelated) tasks AND play 2 HOPs before helping out!

Overall, it wasn't too bad as I played it over 3 days.

Go to: