Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Where do I find the various mushrooms?

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Mar 22, 15 2:08 PM
In the first game, I had no trouble finding mushrooms. In this game, I got a few to sell to the guy at the farm early in the game, but I haven't seen a mushroom since, other than the ones I can buy. Are these found on the ground, and if so, could someone be so kind as to give me an idea of where to look? If you can tell me specific areas to search, that would be great. I have been trying to keep a keen out for them, but my eyes aren't what they used to be and I'm getting tired of blindly clicking all over the ground, bushes, etc...

Please tell me this isn't like the golden stars and pearls someone mentioned, where the only hints they gave is that you need really sharp eyes because they are tiny and hidden in the water and to check every section of the map that has ocean water on it. I have been clicking around like a crazy person every time I see water, but I haven't found any golden stars and I've only got one purple pearl. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated! BTW, I am loving this game just as much or more than the first one.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Where do I find the various mushrooms?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 22, 15 5:18 PM
The starfish look like very small horizontal gold stripes in the water; if you peer close enough, you can see the arms. The pearl oysters are much bigger than that, tho still indeed very small. Once you've been sent for either, they're NOT indetectable. But before they're made available, they're not there at all!

As for the mushrooms, they look exactly like those in any cartoon. The edible ones are brown-headed, the poisonous red, and the magical blue. They're found along the paths, always on sandy-color, not green, and are shaped just like any drawing of mushrooms. I believe they always come in sets of at least 3.

As for the location of the other pearl, if you do all available projects, you'll find it. Note that some projects are underground, in caves, ...

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 5:19:26 PM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Where do I find the various mushrooms?

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 22, 15 5:23 PM
Is the landowner now a vendor for buying all the varieties of mushrooms?
I wasn't able to see mushrooms until it became a learned skill when I fulfilled his request for 12 mushrooms.
And no, you won't find mushrooms in any water or up trees or under rocks...but you might want to revisit open map sites because some things do regenerate or become visible once certain requirements are met.

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Mar 22, 15 6:02 PM
Thanks so much for the help. I haven't been sent on a quest for either the starfish or the pearls yet, so that must be why I haven't seen them. I haven't found 12 mushrooms for the landowner yet. I kept seeing his exclamation mark and I thought he was just like the crab soup guy as opposed to the people who bought or sold stuff from you. When I went back and clicked on his exclamation mark after reading your comments, the mushrooms appeared to me, as did regenerated eggs. Yippee! Thanks again for the help. I feel so much better now.

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 6:07:43 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Where do I find the various mushrooms?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 23, 15 9:59 AM
Thank YOU for the info, amigo/a! I didn't realize it had worked that way, and others may benefit from knowing it.

[Post New]by KSDiva21 on Mar 23, 15 10:32 AM
I made the mistake of selling my mushrooms before the landowner was opened... who then becomes mushroom buyer. This error also prohibited me from completing the priest challenge and opening the crypt to make blue potion.

Had to restart...

When I restarted I made sure to give him only ONE mushroom. Be careful not to sell any to the Kings Kitchen. Got priest challenge done early. Then at some point found the last mushroom to give to landowner. After he is open mushrooms appear everywhere!! Before there are only enough to open him.

Good luck.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 23, 15 5:18 PM
You are all very welcome and I'm so sorry KSDiva21 that you had to restart.
Hopefully that didn't diminish your enjoyment of this game and thank you for posting your solution so others won't fall into the same trap!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 26, 15 7:04 AM
I too noticed the seemingly lack of regeneration of collectibles compared to the first game; however I have found one trick. In the first game, things regenerate after sleeping, in this game, they do so after exiting and saving the game. You don't need to Quit and exit the screen altogether. Just use the door icon on the top right corner, save as prompted, from the home screen, hit play, and you will find at least two, if not more, of most items (eggs, mushrooms, wild game), have regenerated. Hope that helps.

Go to: