Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Greed: Forbidden Experiments here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 23, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/23/2015 at 7:29:46 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Greed: Forbidden Experiments here.

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 23, 15 3:35 AM
I played this game from another site. It seemed very short, only two to three hours and I'm a slow player.
Our twin sister has been kidnapped as a child, now we find out she is still alive and set off to rescue her. There were 10 easy to spot medallions to collect. No map but it's not a very large area so the hint button works just fine. This is the type of game where there are a lot of HOs popping up randomly so I really used that hint button a lot. I had a hard time with the cursor, switched to my system cursor and then it was fine.
If you already own a lot of games, you're using a PCC, and you're okay with a short game, it's alright, if you only get one game a month I would advise looking for a different one.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 23, 15 7:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Greed: Forbidden Experiments here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Greed: Forbidden Experiments.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

jfog
Clownfish
Clownfish
991 Posts

[Post New]by jfog on Mar 23, 15 8:18 AM
RedSox4evr wrote:"a thread for your reviews" is NOT a review, and its redundant, as the heading says the same thing. Sometimes the only thing showing is a "thread for your reviews" and there are NO reviews.

In order to create a new thread, one must write the first post. Redundant, yes. But necessary with the mechanics of this forum and the start time of the mods. This gives the early bird reviewers a spot to post before the mods come to work.

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Mar 23, 15 8:41 AM
This is a VERY short game and not worth the price. Thankfully I used a free coupon but I still feel I wasted a coupon. It could have been a great game, they have a good concept but they turned it into a sequile which in my opinion was any ease out and based on greed. Now they can sell another game to continue the story, but they could have continued the story on this game and turned it into a really awsome game. TOO BAD

Edited on 03/23/2015 at 8:42:39 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 23, 15 9:11 AM

The (Should Have Been) Forbidden Experiment

Setting: Your twin sister Sophia vanished long ago. But you've just received a cryptic phone call about a mailed package and evidence that she is still alive. Must investigate!

Let's start with the good. This takes place in the present. The artwork is clean and clear. Music is dark and suspenseful and sounds are OK. And.... well that's about it.

The villains in this game, the Oracles of Doom, are comical - some sort of beings in tight leather suits with green-eyed gas masks and deep, synthesized voices. When they speak, you don't know whether to laugh or cry (I laughed ). The cut scenes are very stiff and dated; the characters move very little, and what movement there is is very stiff.

The game play is not much better. The hidden object scenes are about average. Items in blue are either hidden or require using another object to collect. Some HO's are silhouette. Puzzles are ok as well, they are not difficult but will take a few minutes to work out (ex. rotating tiles, setting gauges to zero, guessing lock code).

Unfortunately, there are some problems of logic and flow that do not make sense, chief of which was the location of a feather duster. And a scorpion. We also find out that you received the mysterious package last week - but inexplicably you did not open it, but simply placed in a drawer and forgot all about it. ???

This one is really bad, but I do recommend playing the demo - its good for a laugh. Maybe as a DD or PCC or when you are tired of all the "period" games and want to escape to the present.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Mar 23, 15 10:36 AM
I did the Beta of this game and could barely stick through to the end.

Your sister, Sophia is alive, but doesn't have much time left. She lives with oracles called Oracles of Doom. When you finally find her she zaps you and that's the end of the beta test.

There are 3 modes of play: normal, hard and detective.

There are 25 oracle emblems to find and 10 pages of Sophia's diary. There is no map and I ran across regular HO's and silhouettes. HO's can be skipped.

I found the game to be tedious and actually got sleepy while I was playing. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 3 (at most).

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 23, 15 12:04 PM
Hi all. Looks like we have number 2 in this series. I beta tested this not too long ago and couldn't even get through the test because of all the problems I ran into. Looks like they fixed those bugs, since I didn't have any problem at all with the demo. The graphics and animation in this one look to be rather old school, but it seems to work with the story line. Colors are bright and true. Music is the usual and is somewhat soothing most of the time. Voice overs are too bad, but the dialog leaves a lot to be desired. It is often silly and unrealistic, e.g. "oh, I better open that box." Well, it has been sitting in a drawer for a week, so I guess you might want to see what is in it. You cannot click through the dialog, or you either listen to it all or skip it completely.

HOPs are quite simple and nothing new, with standard lists, silhouettes and interactive lists. They are fairly clean and items are not difficult to find. Puzzles were very simple, so much so that I would finish the puzzle before the very slow skip button was even half full. Hint system was helpful, but it also filled slower than most. I don't believe I ran across a map that would let you jump either. You do a lot of back tracking in this game, so that would be helpful.

We actually have some collectibles in this one. You need to find 10 oracle emblems and 9 diary pages. These are very easy to find so far. Before the demo ended, I had found 5 of each, which makes me think this is a very short game.

This game is geared more toward the beginner than anything else, but isn't a bad game for those quiet, non-taxing days either. There really isn't any challenge and nothing scary either. Even the aliens look like guys in wetsuits. I do have a credit that I need to use up, so I will get this one for the heck of it and see how it goes. I do recommend it for beginners.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 23, 15 12:28 PM
Based on completed game (PCC used):

As an intermediate player, I enjoyed this no-frills game......a good break from all the heavy-duty witcher-wotcher games. Almost like cleansing the palate in between games.

On Normal mode, it took under 3 hours w/o skipping puzzles & using no hints (in HOPs) - for my taste, it was long enough. The clear graphics and complete absence of overdone cut scenes/ blinding lights/ helpers actually made overall game play fun.

W/o a map, I needed hints to find the next location. Puzzles were diff. from the standard fare. If I recall correctly, each HOP is played twice; regular and silhouettes and two of them using a flashlight (in the darkness). HOPs can be skipped. Refill: Hint & Skip = approx. 30 & 90 secs. Extras don't lead to anything - 10 oracle emblems & 9 page pieces.

At times, some steps were beyond illogical....um...almost deadly. Ex: [Using explosives right next to a man trapped in a metal container who's waiting to be rescued??!] From needing a box cutter to cut string tied w/ a simple bow to using a RPG launcher, whatever next?!

Ending was conclusive enough and as if geared for a sequel. More Greed? Oh goody!

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Mar 23, 15 5:09 PM
As games go, it definitely was a lot shorter than most. I'm glad I had a credit to apply rather than paying.

That said, it wasn't bad for what it was. Not sure the story line was terribly compelling, but the scenes were well designed, nothing was overly difficult and it left off with a "to be continued" sort of feel.

A lot of hidden objects, a few puzzles, lots of pieces to find and apply.

If you have a coupon or a credit, want something that won't take all day, this could be an interesting game.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 23, 15 5:50 PM
Since the game has already been described thoroughly, I will just add that while the game did definitely have a retro feel to, I did not mind that at all! The graphics were clear and sharp on my PC. The music was theme appropriate IMO. No Tech problems at all.

Regarding the length, I judge a game on whether or not I enjoyed playing it.
I found that I still wanted to play the remainder of the game after I finished the demo, so I used a PCC to get it.

As to to the ending, well, the mystery there is gone, isn't it?

As always, try the demo for yourself to see if it is compatible with your OS, and if it has what you want/expect from a game!

BK

babstoo
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by babstoo on Mar 23, 15 6:07 PM
I really liked this game. The artwork is really good and looks real. I liked the different rooms, but a map would have been helpful. The sisters look real and show emotion on their faces. The music and sound effects were appropriate but not overpowering. All developers could take a hint and make such good quality games.
I hope there will be a sequel.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Mar 23, 15 7:37 PM
I too am really enjoying this game!

The 'No Frills' approach is just perfect for a rainy Westcoast Day!

It D/L just fine....no problems...on my Laptop.....and I am using the 'Game' cursor which also works great!

Sometimes you just want a game with a linear storyline that uses the Inventory quickly and where you would expect it to be used.....and THIS game definitely fits the bill.

There ARE some 'collection' pieces thrown in......just for FUN & information.....but the HOS are easy on the eyes and the puzzles don't have you tearing your hair out.

THANK YOU BFG......and 'Well Done'....Developers!

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Mar 24, 15 1:52 PM
Very cute game with great graphics, I liked it a lot !

[Post New]by felixplayer on Mar 24, 15 2:02 PM
Played and own it (free), lets see if the baddies are successful.
You will have to carefully read the message at the end to know
whats coming...... cant wait Oh and perhaps the
CE will be better.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 25, 15 9:03 AM
Right off the bat...no transporter map, in fact no map at all which totally amazed me because this game is all over the place. I had to use the HINT to navigate around. Lots of HOS on the level I played but they can be skipped after the skip refills as can the mini games which can be tedious...I really hate those games that need to be done, but when you move one thing is moves everything else...I don't have the patience for those and find them a waste of time...no fun playing those.

It appears the HOS are a mess of a lot of non-relevant things. I don't even think the items you get for your inventory are even part of the HOS. This game does appear short, but long enough for what it was. I used a credit so I don't feel cheated, but even if you paid full price, it was an OK game.

Same-o plot...aliens abduct to make a better race...yawn. However the colors were good, animations good, music I turned down, but OK and the voice-overs were a little whiney but OK. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many cut scenes which you could skip...and those bars that kept popping out from the side to remind you of your tasks! Those were the most annoying part of this game...good grief.

Probably wouldn't play again. I have no idea where those notes and runes things I collected went or what they were even for. I give a 3- out of 5 for this one. I wouldn't pay full price...wait for a DD or use a credit.

Go to: