Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Regarding the Golden Armor (Spoilers)

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 23, 15 2:28 AM
This gives the location of the rune stones and the triangle and round stones. (I replayed the game late last night 'til early this morning )

I encourage you to look for and find these things yourself, because it's lots more fun. But if you're truly stuck, here are answers: Remember, in order to speak to any of the villagers on Salamander Island, you must first satisfy the chief.
Highlight to read:

Triangle Stones - 1 is in the water to the left of the ship, a little further than the tall rocks. The second 1 in on land - it's on the ground in front of where the chief is standing.
Round Stones - 1 Round stone is held by a guard on the pier directly in front of the ship. He will trade it for a cannon ball. You can see the round stone if you look closely at the pier. The second round stone can be found in a cave up above the village. You'll get access to this level when you are given the quest to build the crown and you want something from another of the villagers.

On Salamander Island, you will see some old ruins. Click on them to activate the quest for the armor.

The Blue Rune Stone is in the cave on HIdden Lagoon. You'll have to use a lock pick to get it.
The Green Rune Stone is in the left cave on the Forbidden Coast. You'll need a lock pick to get it.
The Red Rune Stone will be given to you by a native on Salamander Island when you find and return his necklace (its in the water right in front of the ship).

Edited to correct a couple of typos.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 9:48:28 PM PST

Re:Regarding the Golden Armor (Spoilers)

[Post New]by twynkletoes on Apr 5, 15 6:54 AM
I am really stuck looking for the stone ball on the second level, have searched and searched where you suggested and its just not there...
Could I have sold it by mistake? is that possible

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Apr 5, 15 7:50 AM
! SPOILERS ! Highlight to read.

Have you been given the quest to locate the parts to the Crown of Power?
If yes, make sure you are searching the right cave.
If no, then make sure you have returned the spy glass from the poor, blind, deranged man on Black Isle that you cured, to Hobson that contains the message that triggers the quest.

No, you cannot sell the stone ball by mistake nor any of the parts that make up the Crown except for the blue sapphires that can be purchased later in the game.

Whew. Complicated quest! Good luck!

[Post New]by twynkletoes on Apr 6, 15 12:23 AM
Thanks for your reply
Yes I have been given the quest and found the first stone ball but not the second.
I've looked in every cave on the map.
I don't know how to do the highlight spoilers thing or I would go into more detail

naranda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by naranda on Apr 6, 15 4:35 PM
Twink - it's like invisible ink click and hold/scroll down the post to see the spoiler information

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 6, 15 11:04 PM
twynkletoes wrote:Thanks for your reply
Yes I have been given the quest and found the first stone ball but not the second.
I've looked in every cave on the map.
I don't know how to do the highlight spoilers thing or I would go into more detail

In order to access the cave in the middle level of Salamander Island, one of the natives has to give you the quest of getting him the horn of the Imp. Once you are given that quest, you will have access to the cave above the village where the second round stone is and where you will find and fight the Imp.

And later, the top level of the island will become accessible...with another quest.

And for anyone interested - to make an 'invisible post' type your text, then highlight it. With the text highlighted, click on the 'color text' block above (left of smilies) and choose white (the very first color block) this will make your text color white, rendering it invisible.

Edited on 04/25/2015 at 9:53:10 PM PST

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Apr 9, 15 11:04 AM
You are bombdiggity bombtastic!! I had played this game through a couple of times, and still couldn't get the armor, even though I had the runes, triangles and stones. Thank you for guiding me in the proper direction. Now I'm just sorry the game is over.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 9, 15 3:23 PM
ivillagegrinch wrote:You are bombdiggity bombtastic!! I had played this game through a couple of times, and still couldn't get the armor, even though I had the runes, triangles and stones. Thank you for guiding me in the proper direction. Now I'm just sorry the game is over.

Thanks!

I always like to wait a couple months, then play it again, to see how much I remember.

Edited on 04/09/2015 at 3:25:42 PM PST

kllz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kllz on Apr 12, 15 6:38 AM
where is the guard to trade the cannon ball? i cant find it

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 16, 15 12:37 AM
If you look at the piers on the left side of the ship, he is before the woman who sells the soup. If you look closely at the floor of his platform, you will see the round stone.

At least this is how I'm remembering it.

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 20, 15 11:31 AM
I found all the rune stones but only the red shows in inventory...is this why I can't find the armour quest?

Do I have to find them after I open the ruins?

Am willing to play again, if nec.

Thanks for hints!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 20, 15 7:14 PM
LN14 wrote:I found all the rune stones but only the red shows in inventory...is this why I can't find the armour quest?

Do I have to find them after I open the ruins?

Am willing to play again, if nec.

Thanks for hints!

The armor quest will be open to you even after you finish the game. If you have the stones, you should be able to get thru the first part, but you won't be able to complete the quest without the 3 runes (I think ).

The way it happened with me was, I had the green and blue runes before I got to the island. Then I got the triangle and round stones and lastly, the red rune. However, I didn't stumble on the ancient ruins until after I defeated the demon. (Guess I wasn't looking about enough ).

This is not a game altering quest, but you do receive an achievement for it. So you can complete it after you complete the game, like many of the quests, and still get the achievement. Cheers to you for being willing to play again. I always like to get the extra goody out of a game, too!

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 21, 15 12:38 AM
Hi, Hespera.

That's the way I did it too. After killing off the Big Bad I opened the ruins and dug down, found the red rune...but now I'm stuck, can't see where to get the actual armour.

I have 298 of 300 XP so I'm guessing this is the only quest left.

<g> On the plus side it gets easier and faster on every run through!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 21, 15 7:24 AM
There are 2 underground levels to the ruins. The first level has an elevator on the left for you to take down to the lower level

Once you're down in the lower level, there is a large stone ring toward the back of the room with 3 pedestals around it on which you place the red, green and blue runes. If memory serves, you have to (again) click on the ring to place the runes. Once placed, you are awarded the armor.

Have you been all the way down to the lowest level?

Yes, you are correct. You can definitely 'Power Play' after the first time. Sometimes I like to try weird things just to see what happens.

Let me know how you make out with the armour.

LN14
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by LN14 on Apr 21, 15 8:35 AM
Ohhhh!!! I got down to the lower level but didn't notice the place for the runes! *smacks head* It's always the easy things I miss!

Off to finish the game - thank you so much for helping out - much appreciated!

*waves*

[Post New]by FurFamily on May 13, 15 6:06 PM
im still blind I guess. Cant find the guard on the "pier"- do you mean city docks? I don't see a guard there at all. does it matter before/ after the ship is built? the hint about the soup seller doesn't help me- 3 times through and I don't remember anyone selling soup. I have tried all of the guards I see thoughout and nothing. I have all but the one round stone. my main complaint about this game is things are too small to see, its like it was made 3/4 size instead of full.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on May 13, 15 9:48 PM
FurFamily, everything you need is in Hespera's first post.

However, I've sent you a PM with a link to the page on my walkthrough giving you the location of the guard. There is also a link to a screenshot of the guard.

Hope this helps

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by 68132 on Jul 24, 15 9:43 PM
WOW!!! Finally found this with your help. It was the last that I couldnt find. Now the gme is complete. Guess, I am ready to re-do game. Do enjoy this one and Hero of the kingdom

Thank you to all who post assistance

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 1, 16 7:21 PM
I know I'm late to this thread, but I just played the game and I wanted to say thanks for the hints! I was at a loss as to how to get the golden armor, but the hints in these posts gave me all the help I needed. Thank you!

[Post New]by candy_sanders70 on Jan 3, 16 8:02 AM
Potentially stupid question. What ruins are you talking about? And how do I get into them?

Go to: