Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Chanrah on Mar 8, 16 5:14 AM
My husband is running Windows 8.1 on his laptop and the game seems to be working well. However, I am running Windows 10 on a relatively new desktop and like others have reported I can not run the game. Since I am not far into the game I have tried uninstalling and installing several times but the issue is still the same. It tries to load but part way through I get a report that it has stopped working and it gets shut down.

SSGTMom
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by SSGTMom on Mar 8, 16 5:38 AM
Mine seems to be stuck at 47%. Has been trying to load for two hours.

DKGuild
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by DKGuild on Mar 8, 16 6:12 AM
In reference to jcp28, who had an excellent idea to get new version of game manager. Gave this a try, uninstalled game manager, picked new game I did not want as that is the only way to load game manager, and gave it a go. Got to 14% this time before entire mess froze again. Waited until morning to try. Guess I will be waiting some more. Hope this is not going to be the way the game ends! Been trolling around at level 69 for quite awhile now.

Fei94
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Fei94 on Mar 8, 16 6:22 AM
Having the same issue on windows 10 as everyone else after the update the game gets to the image of Anabel and crashes!!

Very annoying and dont want to lose my progress! going to wait to see if a solution comes around!

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 6:23:13 AM PST

[Post New]by Angelfiredancer on Mar 8, 16 6:43 AM
Same problem as many others, updated my game and now I can't play. It starts to load and then I get the "Stopped working" error and it closes. I am running Windows 7.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MidnightCastle.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 56d60f1d
Fault Module Name: MidnightCastle.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56d60f1d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00282908
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Not sure if the error info helps or not, but it's definitely a problem with the patch - please fix this.

[Post New]by robs2864 on Mar 8, 16 7:24 AM
This is beyond frustrating!! Windows 10 and it keeps shutting down. Gets to 16% and that's it.

[Post New]by Braves1lady on Mar 8, 16 7:33 AM
All my friends disappeared.

drewcifer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by drewcifer on Mar 8, 16 7:41 AM
I posted yesterday as soon as I knew there was a problem. Honestly I know things happen and issues arise. I'd just like to have it acknowledged and know it's being worked on.

devil8duck
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by devil8duck on Mar 8, 16 7:42 AM
Hi, I'm having the same issue as many others here following the update. The game starts to load, and then crashes. I'm running Windows 10, and my game code is #188089.

Incidentally, I do have an old game on a computer running XP, and that game went through the update without issues, but that computer is on its last legs, and I really would like the other game up and running.

Thanks for your attention.
Victoria

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Mar 8, 16 8:02 AM
I agree with others we are PAYING customers and would atleast like to have acknowledgement that BFG is working on it or ??? VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

RandyRos
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by RandyRos on Mar 8, 16 8:10 AM
I just updated (I'm on Windows 10) and now I can't play the game because every time I try and install the update it shuts down

my update loads till it gets to Avatars 1% then it stops working and dies

So if you have me on your friends list, I'm not ignoring you, I can't get in!

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 8:25:20 AM PST

[Post New]by glferris on Mar 8, 16 8:41 AM
Same issue here. The game barely begins to load and then shuts down. I'm running windows 10. Sorry I downloaded this update.

[Post New]by soniamkyaw on Mar 8, 16 8:53 AM
I am on level 44 and just completed the update and now the game closes before completely starting up! I do not want to lose my progress, please HELP!

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Mar 8, 16 8:54 AM
I am at Level 70. Only Quest available is to create 2 Folios. One of the items needed is a Carved Chest. Two of the items needed are the Amber Pattern and the Samsara, both of which come from the Altar ZZ in the City Cemetery. First time through, I got a Samsara. Second time through, I got another Samsara which I thought was odd since I only needed an Amber Pattern to finish the Carved Chest, but since I was going to need 2 Carved Chests anyway, I didn't worry about it. Third time through, I got another Samsara and not the Amber Pattern I desparately need. Please fix this as I do not need more Samsaras.

Edited: 4th trip another Samsara

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 4:39:00 PM PST

[Post New]by cigars1 on Mar 8, 16 9:27 AM
I downloaded new update yesterday but not working. Gives me error in the windows, shutting down. I run 10. Wrote to Technical dept but have not heard anything yet. If they could just let us know if there was a problem with update and are working on it, would be nice. I was looking forward to update and finish quest that says future update. On level 69 for awhile. Just frustrating.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 8, 16 9:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to post in this thread. Do know that the Midnight Castle team is aware of the various issues posted here, particularly the numerous reports for those who are running Windows 10. Just in case, it may be helpful to check through the steps in the following help article:

Windows 10

In the meantime, thank you to jcp28 for posting those specifics. It looks like version 3.3.0.2 of the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) is the latest version. However, if trouble is cropping up during the Midnight Castle update installation, it may indeed help to reinstall the Big Fish Games app, and to also initiate the download directly through the Midnight Castle game page.

In case it's useful, here are the steps to reinstall the Big Fish Games app:
Reinstall Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

If that doesn't work or if a different issue is occuring, we encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any information gathered here, along with a detailed description of what's happening, will help with finding solutions to these issues.

In addition, especially if you're missing any items, it would be great to include your Midnight Castle ID. Steps to find this number can be found here:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 10:25:59 AM PST

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Mar 8, 16 10:04 AM
Like everyone else i updated only to have the fault has developed and have the must close down message appear . I sent a file to Dr Felix and wait patiently for a solution to the problem .

[Post New]by littleshadow31 on Mar 8, 16 10:10 AM
I updated Midnight Castle now it wont run

cowgirlp99
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by cowgirlp99 on Mar 8, 16 10:14 AM
Having a problem getting into the game after downloading the new up date. It gets to the download of the mushrooms and then close's the screen out saying it has a problem. Please help can not play the game. Have been trying to download it for two days now.

[Post New]by Anita10 on Mar 8, 16 10:17 AM
Hei!
I installed the update, and now i cant play.
When i try to play, the game turns of and it say that Midnight Castle has stoped
working.
I have reinstaled it but its not working.
Please help

Go to: