cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

WPE - Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 13, 09 2:55 AM
I this game and have bought it already.

The graphics are fantastic, some of the objects are hidden beautifully in plain sight and at first glance do not appear to be there. When you start paying more attention to detail and look for specific things you can see them clearly and you think now how did I miss that before . Some of the items are in pieces and have to be combined and then used to solve a puzzle before advancing to the next chapter but, although I found them easy to do, it did not detract from my enjoyment. There are scenes within scenes and you have to click on a sparkly area which will then open out into another hidden object scene which will contain a useful item.

So far I have not had to use a hint and I have played for the full hour but it looks as though the hints will be rechargeable. I did not see any signs of a timer. The mini games have been easy so far and were all different. There is a skip button which slowly fills so that you can try to solve it before skipping them completely.

Sorry I can't tell you about the music as I always turn that off as DH has the TV on so I have to play quietly. As to the length of the game I do not know but I feel as though I have only just scratched the surface at this point. I think I have played 3 "chapters" so far.

Well I am off to play some more, happy gaming everyone.

C

ETA

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 3:17:44 AM PST

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

Re:WPE - Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Jun 13, 09 3:05 AM
I just did trial and really enjoyed it; will buy!! Don't know what chapter but got to penquin at frozen lake. I have sound on low but think music is ok; if it was loud; might annoy. I like to play quietly. The only problem I had was having to click on item a couple of times; using hint and found I was clicking right item. Hint refills fairly quickly and doe not seem to have penelty. I skipped one mini-game(aligning smiles).
NOW do I wait til credit comes in or BUY NOW?? BUY NOW!!!!!

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 3:07:25 AM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Jun 13, 09 3:22 AM
In addition to all that was said, there is no penalty for a clickfest.

On the downside, the game acted up on me, started getting all pixillated about 40 minutes into the demo. Won't buy based on that. Only game that has happened with, so apparently just the way this game is with my computer.

kiwibmb
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by kiwibmb on Jun 13, 09 3:22 AM
Great game. Nice to have objects cleverly hidden rather than just thrown about. Finished in 2.30 hours.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 13, 09 3:31 AM
Enjoyed it, bought it after about 25 minutes of demo. Don't really care how long it is as I am a crazed addict for any Interactive Hidden Object games these days. Didn't pay attention to when I started playing and took a break, so no idea how long it's been. That said I feel I've had my $7 worth of it already and have not yet finished, but I'm off to bed.

Good graphics, good sound, ok story, well hidden (if somewhat incongruous) objects, No Timer, refillable hints, skippable minis that are easy but interesting and no repeats so far. Only complaint was as mentioned above: a very picky click cursor on small objects. Not super terrific, but a good solid game.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 13, 09 4:15 AM
I agree with everyone above. This game is pretty good. I played the hour and time was up before I knew it. The puzzles so far have been easy but they do seem to be getting a bit more difficult as you go along. I did skip the sequence sound puzzle as I just could not be bothered with it - but it is good you can skip puzzles you dislike

I thnk the finding the magic areas at the end of scenes a bit pointless but it is not a major thing.

I will buy this game

Edit: to add to Poodles comment about the picky cursor- yes I had a problem in first scene- I clicked on the pen about 12 times - at least no penalty for doing so- just a bit of frustration.

Edited on 06/13/2009 at 4:17:16 AM PST

[Post New]by patetc on Jun 13, 09 4:58 AM
Will this game play on Windows Vista 64 bit computers? I have found that some others don't, like Rangin' Lil, Lost Secrets, etc.

I'd like to know before I spend money on them.

Thanks.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jun 13, 09 5:39 AM
Well I just downloaded it, will see if it plays on Windows Vista ... I usually don't have any problems. Hope it's good ...

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 13, 09 5:42 AM
I bought it. It's an interesting HOG/Puzzle game. The hot spots are very picky in some cases. That pen had me growling. I must have clicked on it 5 or 6 times. Finally after I had found everything else I used a Hint and, yeppers, I had indeed been clicking on the right item. It took another 3 clicks before I was able to get that pen - GRRR! That happened to me at least twice more before the Demo was over.

I have a hard time with silouettes (cannot spell that to save me) so that is a bit of a disappointment but, OTOH, a clickfest has no penalty. It has nice minis which seem to be getting more difficult as I move along. The graphics are occasionally fuzzy, again, a clickfest helps with that if all else fails.

The story is OK. I wish Muffins played a part - LOL! The music is forgettable. I say that because i had the sound on but cannot recall what the music was like so it wasn't annoying but not impressive either.

I will give this game 3 out of 5 stars but that could change for better or worse as I go along. I also saw no real point to the magic symbols at the end of each chapter but it was a simple, pretty thing to reveal.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jun 13, 09 6:26 AM
Just played my free hour and thoroughly enjoyed it. The occassional problem with the hot-spots didn't detract much as there was no penalty for clicking on the same object 5,6 or more times.
The hidden objects are clear and relevant to the story-line, and combining them to solve puzzles added to the fun.

My only concern is that it might be quite short - I was on page '12' of his diary, when he returns to his brother's study for more clues. Does anyone know how much more there is to this game?

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Jun 13, 09 6:31 AM
The game worked for me on Windows Vista 64 .... I haven't finished the game, but no problems, only if I clicked too much I did get a warning ... my pointer doesn't work for a few seconds ... like with the pen ... everyone else seems to have problems with, I found though if you click at the end of the pen ... it works there the best ....

I like the game .... guess I will purchase it ...

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jun 13, 09 6:41 AM
I am really disappointed. . . for some reason I can't play this game. The graphics are pixelly and I cannot see any objects. This is strange because I can play very other game, even those with higher tech requirements.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 13, 09 6:43 AM
I played 15 minutes........and I bought it too. It is different, and I am starving for a good one, so am hoping it isn't too short, lol. Worn out from work but am gonna keep playing til my eyes close, or my legs say, "Get off of them and get thee to bed", which ever comes first. Thanks BF.

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Jun 13, 09 7:07 AM
Lve this game and would have bought it after the first 30 minutes But unfortuately I have to wait for MONEY I had NO problems (except trying to convince the Item i clicked to COME TO MAMMA)

[Post New]by nikshijay on Jun 13, 09 7:13 AM
Can anybody help? I am stuck on the island and can't find something to cool off the key. Please help!

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jun 13, 09 7:15 AM
Hi there!

Try finding the bucket and fill it with sea water

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 13, 09 7:22 AM
One of the best HOG I have played. 24 main chapters (screens), with 3-4 sub-screens (blinking areas) - makes it 72 screens to search... not bad at all!
No timer, excellent graphics, intriguing story, and a Skip option - woohoo...

Thanks, BF! - keep them coming!!!

fatbuttmut
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by fatbuttmut on Jun 13, 09 8:15 AM
All the comments about this game sound great but when I tried to play it, the first screen - asking for a name/nickname, would not take any typing.
Let's see if it makes sense, I type a name and nothing shows up on the screen.
I uninstalled and installed again but the same thing happened. The graphics in that first screen look great, I just can't sign on and go into playing.
Anybody else had this problem?

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jun 13, 09 8:21 AM
patetc wrote:Will this game play on Windows Vista 64 bit computers? I have found that some others don't, like Rangin' Lil, Lost Secrets, etc.

I'd like to know before I spend money on them.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question, but you can find out by downloading the trial that will give you 60 minutes of play time for free.

fatbuttmut
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by fatbuttmut on Jun 13, 09 8:21 AM
Never mind! DUH.....my antivirus program was blocking the game. Thanks anyway for putting up with my silly comment.

Go to: