Wishlist

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Mar 24, 15 6:09 PM
Hey players, Wanted to share this info regarding the wishlist. Now, granted, other players probably already know this, but I just discovered it tonight and maybe its because I want to know more for a fact than by memory ( Ha! ) I put up a BP item tonight. Being a high level player means never having to ask for items ( Another Ha! ) What I want to share is a method to use for remembering and saving the players name that gifted you the needed item. Just take it off your WL, and leave the item in your gift basket, so the name is still there from the neighbor that gifted it. I have attempted to write it all down, but that becomes seriously tedious, so I don't keep up with it. I don't believe I've ever not repaid in kind, but you never know and I don't want to forget a magnanimous gesture. I've also decided to not immediately accept a gift not asked for ( not on WL) to track how many times that neighbor uses that method of gifting in order to identify if we will or could be long term neighbors.
Thanks for listening!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

Re:Wishlist

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Mar 24, 15 7:55 PM
I'm glad you brought this up...

I just recently started not accepting the "garbage" gifts. i usually don't keep track of who gifts or doesn't but I do notice the odd gifts....ie, that some of my neighbors not only send a paid for item, but also a charge off my wl.... Every few months I might take notes with a spread sheet.

I recently started the not accepting the "junk" and if after x amount of the same junk from a gamer, they are not going to be in my hood....

Half my hood is long termers who always have a place to stay and that's why i don't usually monitor. But lately, esp after my long nap, many of my original neighbors have long since left....So I have a new set coming in and many give thoughtless gifts (what do I need charges from an offer two weeks ago, esp one that I have done countless times...I do not need any more rubber bulbs thank you very much!) I also try giving the benefit of the doubt, as I was once new and ignorant to "how to gift" protocol....But when I look and see these certain individuals asking for ALL bp items (and usually high end ones at that), I question the validity of that being a "real" player or just a secondary "dumper" account. I keep my hood limited in number so when I need to make room, guess who is going to get the boot...

Star, thanks for having the courage to initiate this!

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Mar 24, 15 11:32 PM
One more thing, please do not send quest charges if they are not on my WL. If they were needed I would put them on their myself.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 27, 15 2:58 AM
Okay after reading this maybe I can get some help with a dilemma that I am facing.
The "go to gift for those who didn't request anything was Flint's or Ore"..well I'm sick and tired of passing these out. I have started alternating these with essential charges..but then again, if a neighbor needs a charge they would ask for one..so that is my current dilemma with gifting to the empty wish list. I suppose I could just not give anything, but that's not my style. I'm finding that when I am done giving requested items BP or otherwise; and I often purchase goodies just cause; I feel a sense of doom..what should I gift???
So what do you think?

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Mar 27, 15 3:07 AM
You gift how you wish Lilybells....Yes, the go to is flint and ore as if they needed or wanted a particular charge they would/should put it on the wl...

When I mentioned before that I was tired of getting charges from old offers, I was implying that a few neighbors are not being considerate of me as a neighbor. Some of these charges I get are from weeks ago. It's not my place to tell them how to gift me, or to even gift me at all. But it is my right to not keep them as my neighbors.

Evalm
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by Evalm on Mar 27, 15 4:04 AM
I hear you Lilybells!! I am not into giving Ores or Flints ... I think charges are more useful at least to me but I am very confused with the whole thing and I really wish people would put something on their wish list, anything!!! I feel guilty and mean when I don't have any of the 5 BP gifts that people are asking for and so have to decide what to send them....

On the other hand, I do understand that new players need to get the coin from Flints and Ores so a complete dilemma

Faery, you should be on honeymoon

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 27, 15 8:26 AM
I always go with what I was taught as a child - it's the thought that counts. So, if nothing is on a WL that I have, I will gift either a free gift (usually ore or flint) or whatever I want.

There's also the adage that it is "better to give than to receive", so I give everyone at least one "paid for" gift, because I have so many in-game coins that I can afford it. Again, it's my choice what to give.

And, one more adage, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth", so I am happy with anything I get - I would rather get something than nothing, so at least I know that the person is going through the process.

Again, though, that's me, and each person can play however they want, and we build our neighborhoods however we want as well.

Happy Gaming!!!!

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Mar 27, 15 9:02 AM
fairhaven, it is very thoughtful how you gift

My point is, if I were to get all gifts of expired offer charges, I would never progress in the game. The charges from good gifting neighbors are imperative to being successful in this game. Without good neighbors, ie in my opinion, those who help with expeditions and those who gift things needed, I would still be at level 50 or have quit.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 27, 15 7:53 PM
Thanks guys,
I guess I will continue with my current method..I agree a gift is a gift; it is the thought that counts, but sometimes I think I am insulting some of my high level players when they send me an abstract gift or charge that I didn't ask for when I give them a Flint or Ore. Personally I am finding that you get more bang for your buck with the Flint than the Ore..I think we all have enough of those anchor thingies ( kinda like those banana nose things)..at least with the Flint you get food & grains for that lovely Windmill...lol
Thanks again..
your friend

Edited on 03/27/2015 at 7:54:19 PM PST

Go to: