crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

Some tasks can't be completed

[Post New]by crisgori on Mar 24, 15 10:46 PM
I'm a newbie and I'm not certainly strong in fights but, if the game freezes even when there's just one opponent and I lose pearls, elixirs and participation reward, how am I supposed to complete the Collectibles Task?

hornhunter
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Some tasks can't be completed

[Post New]by hornhunter on Mar 25, 15 9:26 AM
Hi fellow newbie. My understanding is that you can also buy your way through the collectable tasks. I have contemplated this myself as I'm not very good in the comps and my computer freezes all the time too. I have to tell you there are some magical times when the comps work wonderfully for me. I haven't figured out if it's the planets aligning just right, the phase of the moon, or the relative humidity. I have found threats don't work for the comps I try the comps to see if they are working for me that day. If they are, I will try the task. If not, I put the task off until they seem to be working for me. It's less frustrating that way. Hope this helps.

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Mar 25, 15 10:00 AM
hornhunter wrote:Hi fellow newbie. My understanding is that you can also buy your way through the collectable tasks. I have contemplated this myself as I'm not very good in the comps and my computer freezes all the time too. I have to tell you there are some magical times when the comps work wonderfully for me. I haven't figured out if it's the planets aligning just right, the phase of the moon, or the relative humidity. I have found threats don't work for the comps I try the comps to see if they are working for me that day. If they are, I will try the task. If not, I put the task off until they seem to be working for me. It's less frustrating that way. Hope this helps.

Hi hornhunter, thanks for your kind reply. The problem is that it can happen the first or two fights work well and at the third the game freezes. That's very frustrating and it persuades people to avoid those tasks. I wonder what's the use to insert tasks that not all the players can perform. Maybe it would be less unpleasant for the players if the Devs put the fights just as facultative.

hornhunter
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by hornhunter on Mar 25, 15 1:29 PM
That would be great. Although I don't think we will get that lucky. From what I've read, this problem has been brought to the dev's attention numerous times with no resolution. You should add that suggestion to the "wouldn't it be great if..." thread.

Yes, it defiantly makes you want to give up on those tasks. I've started to look at those collectable items as something to do when I get further up in the levels and have nothing else to do besides wait for Japan to open and new side quests to come along. That's a loooong way off for me. For now, I fluctuate from being extremely irritated (ok, the truth: throwing hissy fits) to completely accepting it as one of the harmless idiosyncrasies of the game. The only reason I can say harmless is because I don't use real money for this game. I would be all over big fish (and the dev's) if I were paying real money for pearls and losing them every time the comps locked up.

Sometimes I think they have purposely left the glitches in the game, and that energy meter bar is really a patience meter. It's just part of their evil plot to teach patience to the world - one gamer at a time.

persveil
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by persveil on Mar 26, 15 11:26 PM
Hate to break the bad news to you, but the competitions being broken has been a long-standing issue here - one that does not appear to be any closer to being fixed than when I first encountered the problem. You're probably better off focusing more on the other tasks or the expedition challenges, & building up a crystal base from the labyrinths, & buying the items. It might not resolve all of your tasks (some of them require you to win a certain amount of matches, or to use potions in them), but you can still assemble & use the items.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 27, 15 2:26 AM
There are several Totems & Scepter's..etc.. that can be assembled from Artifacts; although they may not be worth if you cannot Duel..sorry. They are good for the gold and XP that you get for assembling them.
Just a thought

Edited on 03/27/2015 at 2:26:54 AM PST

crisgori
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by crisgori on Mar 27, 15 3:05 AM
Ok, thanks everybody for your help!

Xystus
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Xystus on Apr 1, 15 7:12 PM
Not adding much to the conversation, but I like doing single-player or cooperative-based gameplay, and I have lost a good bit of my interest and hype in the game knowing that battles are such a big part of certain aspects of the game. It should only be for aesthetic things, and stuff that helps in battles, etc. I should not have to spend crystals just because I don't enjoy certain elements of gameplay, but then again I did not design the game.

Just saying, I really get annoyed when games have a pvp type feature that infringes on the actual regular gameplay. This should be a side thing, or the whole game should be pvp, and not mixed....

elainegaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by elainegaye on Apr 7, 15 9:06 AM
My task which can't be completed is Totem for Magician, specifically the "lead a battle in the Magicians' Guild" x 4

Go to: