ds1624
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by ds1624 on Mar 8, 16 10:40 AM
ds1624 wrote:Also running on Windows 10, and until today's update I had no problems getting the game to start and play, many times every day. Since the update this afternoon, I have the same windows error message pop up as the main page says "updating 1 of 6" (or something like that since the page closes before I can even read it). A concern I also have is that having played every day since I installed the game, I have almost achieved the 3 trophy status for collecting the daily gift, until now. I hope this gets fixed soon, or I will have to start all over counting the days from the 2 trophy level again! I do not know my player id #, but I am treading water at level 69, and also really tired of collecting the extra shards & coins instead of the inventory items, which I can't even get from the HOS when trying to complete the daily quests. I have more than enough keys from the side quests (I hope!) so I had been concentrating on trying to do the daily quests to level up those trophies, but the going is definitely hard!

update 3/8/16 - sent a Dr Felix report about half an hour ago, let's see how long it will take to get some kind of response. Certainly hope it won't take too long, not being able to play is leading me to find something else to do.

update 3:16 pm est - not too sure that this report is going to help anything. I just read mine, and it stated that my game manager was not up to date. I went into the game manager, and tried to update it, but it tells me that I have the latest edition possible.

update: 3/10/16 10:30 am - received an email from tech:

"We really want you to be able to enjoy your game and while we haven’t had a chance to read through each and every email, we did want to take the time to reach out and update users who have contacted us after Monday's update for PC."

nothing more than an automated, generic response. Grrrr!!!!!

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 7:29:29 AM PST

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Mar 8, 16 11:11 AM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for taking the time to post in this thread. Do know that the Midnight Castle team is aware of the various issues posted here, particularly the numerous reports for those who are running Windows 10. Just in case, it may be helpful to check through the steps in the following help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=2343"> Windows 10 </a>

In the meantime, thank you to jcp28 for posting those specifics. It looks like version 3.3.0.2 of the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager) is the latest version. However, if trouble is cropping up during the Midnight Castle update installation, it may indeed help to reinstall the Big Fish Games app, and to also initiate the download directly through the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/5489/midnight-castle/?pc">Midnight Castle</a> game page.

In case it's useful, here are the steps to reinstall the Big Fish Games app:
<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1634">Reinstall Big Fish Games App (Game Manager) </a>

If that doesn't work or if a different issue is occuring, we encourage you to contact our Technical Support Team <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Any information gathered here, along with a detailed description of what's happening, will help with finding solutions to these issues.

In addition, especially if you're missing any items, it would be great to include your Midnight Castle ID. Steps to find this number can be found here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=2315">Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)</a>

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Re to find your ID in MC; step 1 open MC, yeah but there's the rub, we cannot open the game. Am I or the tech team missing something!

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Mar 8, 16 11:20 AM
Tried the reinstall of the game manager, but he game still stops with the Midnight Castle.exe not responding message.

Harleyette
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Harleyette on Mar 8, 16 11:32 AM
I have just returned and was going to resume my gaming. (good luck with that) I found the update and installed and now the game will not open. I run on windows 10, pc. to all my Friends, Please do not gift to me until I can get the game to co-operate once again. I play as Lady A-Canada.
thanks all

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 8, 16 11:43 AM
Hi jack7242,

Thanks for trying the steps and for posting the outcome. Regarding the steps to finding your Midnight Castle ID, this is mainly for those who are able to open the game and have mentioned missing items. However, we do recommend keeping track of your ID, so it would be a good idea to follow those steps when the issue is resolved and you're able to open the game.

As mentioned in my previous post, the Midnight Castle team is working to resolve the current issues - especially with Windows 10. If you're able to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, it would be most helpful.

Thank you,

bfgWaimea

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 11:44:47 AM PST

ofitg7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ofitg7 on Mar 8, 16 11:49 AM
Looks like we are all in the same boat, and sinking fast, with no life rafts. Playing on PC windows 10. Have tried all of the above tasks for reinstall game and big fish app. all to no avail. Hope they can remove the bugs soon as I was on level 68 and I like most of the game. Happy Times in the Castle!

[Post New]by cdgalambos on Mar 8, 16 11:52 AM
I uninstalled the G M then tried to initiate M C. Failed with usual Win10 message!
Uninstalled the G M again. Rebooted. opened up BFG.com went to the MC page and Pressed the Play Free Download Game button. G M installed then closed with usual Win 10 message. Opened GM again ne error! tried to PLAY M C. got to the connecting screen YOO HOO!! Darn it started loading stuff then failed.
Currently downloading: database
Total Progress 2 of 6. I Used Cell and captured screen flash to next screen
Currently downloading: interface
Total Progress 2 of 6.
There was another screen too fast think it said Audio ? of 260 or something like that?
At least I was able to retrieve my ID Info!!
So here is what the corner says
ID310294
Content: 1.14.0.1070
client: 1.14.0.1070
server PROD | 1.14.0.1075 |
Oh BTW My Question Reference # 160309-000206 from the ticket I requested earlier!

[Post New]by kat3445 on Mar 8, 16 12:15 PM
I have been playing this game forever and just went to play it today. It said there was an update...did the update, now the game crashes and will not allow me to play at all.
I am using windows 10 and have been using this ever since it came out. It looks to me like the update did not complete because when the game tries to start it shows that it still needs to install updates when it gets to the part where the game attempts to connect. It then crashes on me.

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 5:35:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Golddigger57 on Mar 8, 16 12:48 PM
I have reinstalled twice and still cant get in. It looks like I'm not the only one . please fix this my favorite game.

[Post New]by BARTLEAD on Mar 8, 16 1:19 PM
Likewise downloaded update and now the game crashes please fix!!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 8, 16 2:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for posting here. As mentioned in my previous post, the Midnight Castle team is aware of the reported issues, and they're working hard to get the game working as it should.

While we're able to recommend general troubleshooting via the Forums, we're unable to look into assist with specific tickets. Regarding the recent update issues, players are welcome to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any information gathered, along with a detailed description of what's happening, will help with finding solutions to these issues.

If you've contacted Support, just be sure to reply to any and all emails that you receive in order to keep your ticket open. If a reply is not received, the system will automatically close your ticket.

Thanks for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Silver2000 on Mar 8, 16 2:28 PM
created a Dr Felix and submitted, hopefully the fix comes soon - starting to go into withdrawal here

[Post New]by littleshadow31 on Mar 8, 16 2:49 PM
I'm on level 60 and updated the game as it told me to and now game wont load I can play other games but not Midnight Castle

[Post New]by cynthiaogden on Mar 8, 16 3:00 PM
I installed the update and now it will not play - I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and also restarted my computer 2 times. I love this game, hope this gets fixed soon

WANJR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WANJR on Mar 8, 16 3:12 PM
Don't see where the GameManager is the problem. All the rest of my Big Fish games work fine. It is obviously a program glitch in Midnight
Castle.

[Post New]by Wickednymph on Mar 8, 16 3:39 PM
I'm having the same issues as the majority here. I installed the update, then attempted to get into the game and it crashed every time. Uninstalled and reinstalled still the same crash. I just hope once this gets corrected I don't have to start all over again.

Edited on 03/08/2016 at 3:40:35 PM PST

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Mar 8, 16 4:37 PM
I have Win 8.1 and since the update have constant freezing in the game. I have a PC for gaming and drivers updated so this is directly due to the update.

plduncan
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by plduncan on Mar 8, 16 4:47 PM
Window 10 USER ID: 469351 Same problems as all the others. I am at level 50, I have all pet eggs and 2/3 of the quests. I have been a BF customer for 5 years. If I do not get my game back, this will be it.

[Post New]by boyerjewel on Mar 8, 16 5:04 PM
I just installed the new update and now I can't play at all. It won't even load. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Marybythesea on Mar 8, 16 5:09 PM
I sent a message to tech support yesterday after the down load failed. I tried all the ways you listed to try and fix it but it still isnt working. I get the message that the app is not working and will close. Im playing on a PC Windows 10 version. My user ID is 325234. I have been playing for over a year and have acquired over 2 million in coins and over 1000 diamonds. I was on level 69. I hope you guys are able to fix this soon...this game is my daily addiction. I also do not want to lose any of my progress! Thanks and good luck fixing it!

Go to: