bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 13, 09 11:00 PM
Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Diary: Lost Brother players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum

[Post New]by Gamenurse on Jun 14, 09 6:44 AM
I just downloaded this game, and it will not open. I usually try games out first before buying, but didn't with this one. Last time I do that! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still will not open. My computer is only 6 months old, and has latest updates of activex, etc. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Gamenurse on Jun 14, 09 6:51 AM
I just downloaded this game, and it will not open. I usually try games out first before buying, but didn't with this one. Last time I do that! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still will not open. My computer is only 6 months old, and has latest updates of activex, etc. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Gamenurse on Jun 14, 09 6:54 AM
Sorry about the double post.

[Post New]by grammasandy60 on Jun 14, 09 7:55 AM
Well, I got to the fountain, cleaned it out, but it says that I have to
drain the gunk out. The question is - How??? i have restarted the level
3 times, but there are no hints as to how to drain!!!! can someone please
give me a hint??? thanks in advance, this is really bugging me!!!!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jun 14, 09 8:00 AM
I played the demo and I have to say "enh". The graphics are beautiful and the game play is intuitive. I only used three hints and two of those were just because I wanted to keep moving fast; I'm sure I would have found the objects if I had been patient. The objects are, for the most part, well hidden without being impossibly faint or small; the exceptions to this tend to be too easy to find, rather than too hard.

I am not generally a fan of the "silouhettes" (sorry, can't spell it ) genre of HOGs, but here the pictures are so clear that it wasn't a problem for me. This format is used extensively, but not exclusively; about 1/3 of the scenes are traditional "find the list of items".

The story seemed to be just about right; intriguing enough to keep me interested without being annoying and the mini-games were the right level of difficulty for a casual game.

So, with all these positives, why the "enh?" Because it seemed just a bit too easy. I don't like games that have me beating my head on the desk (which is why I now stay away from the large-file adventure types), but I also don't like games that I can just zip right through. I read most of the text (OK, I skipped the last couple of journal entries) and used minimal hints, and I still got through 8 of the 12 (or 13) levels. The confusion about this stems from the fact that the intro to the walkthrough lists 12 levels but the Table of Contents of the walkthrough has "13: the finale". Since I didn't get that far I can't say for sure which number is right. The walkthrough does make it look as though things might get a bit tougher further on, but I doubt they get that much tougher. I don't think I'll be spending a credit on this one.

zyayre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by zyayre on Jun 14, 09 8:44 AM
Gamenurse wrote:I just downloaded this game, and it will not open. I usually try games out first before buying, but didn't with this one. Last time I do that! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still will not open. My computer is only 6 months old, and has latest updates of activex, etc. Any suggestions?

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jun 14, 09 9:47 AM
Gamenurse - can only suggest you check with the support folks. I hear they work wonders

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 14, 09 10:25 AM
This game was good enough to purchase, but I think that was more because I was so hungry for a good HOG that something even moderate looked good. The graphics are good as is the story line. This is a pleasant, but not a challanging game.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Jun 14, 09 1:12 PM
goldens wrote:This game was good enough to purchase, but I think that was more because I was so hungry for a good HOG that something even moderate looked good. The graphics are good as is the story line. This is a pleasant, but not a challanging game.

This is exactly what I look for in a HOG....Love it....

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Mystic Diary: Lost Brother to short

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 15, 09 3:57 AM
Loved this game even though some items were very dark. Great graphics but after purchase I only had 15 minutes left on the game.... darn

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Jun 15, 09 10:58 AM
Awe, I was going to buy this game, but if it's short, i'm not going to bother ....

Lou

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jun 15, 09 11:46 AM
it reminds me of the treasure seekers series. i like this game.

[Post New]by arysit on Jun 17, 09 3:43 PM
just GREAT game! Love it

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jun 20, 09 5:12 PM
Short and sweet.

pckr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by pckr on Jun 23, 09 6:23 AM
The game wouldn't let me type in my name and also appeared in full screen 3/4 off the screen. I went in to change my screen resolution, made my changes, etc. and then chickened out. I shut down my computer. The next time I checked in the game let me type my name. I could then get into the game to change my options to whatever and I was on my way to play the game.

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Jun 23, 09 8:52 AM
Where do you find this game? All I can find is the walk through for it.

Thanks

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Jun 27, 09 7:37 AM
I don't get it...the main page says this is today's new release. And today is June 26. I've already purchased the game and am almost finished. What's with that? And, what's happened to "tomorrow's game today"?

[Post New]by eric9860 on Jul 1, 09 2:22 PM
Is there a walkthrough somewhere, I got stuck.

[Post New]by irenemay on Jul 1, 09 9:36 PM
Gamenurse wrote:I just downloaded this game, and it will not open. I usually try games out first before buying, but didn't with this one. Last time I do that! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still will not open. My computer is only 6 months old, and has latest updates of activex, etc. Any suggestions?

Go to: