Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 26, 15 1:08 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 5:55:44 AM PST

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Mar 26, 15 3:05 AM
In demo game froze in abandoned area-logged out & hit play & was able to continue until the end of the demo although I lost some progress. Since BFG has been releasing technically flawed games recently & not taking the responsibility to try & correct them-simply blaming our computers & issuing impossible instructions on how to fix same-I will await further postings in this thread before buying this game & save myself the frustration of dealing with a ever more unhelpful "customer service" team. Ah how I long for the old days.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 26, 15 5:55 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by truddi on Mar 26, 15 6:54 AM
[b]In the demo on reaching the office scene the game keeps showing game paused and does not respond other than to closing down. Tried to play again several times with the same result. The only way I could stop it running was to re-start my pc.

I was ready to buy this game after the demo but yet again disappointed that it will as always take a long time to sort this out.

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 7:04:40 AM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Mar 26, 15 7:48 AM
My demo played fine and I went ahead and BOUGHT the game. Now I find that I can't pick up the Yoyo in the HOG in Nightsville scene. Any help is highly appreciated! I haven't reset the game yet. It's a pain if I have to go through the first one and half hours again!! BFG Please can you get the developers to fix the bug???

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Mar 26, 15 8:17 AM
I was able to DL the game and get past the options, but after hitting play the game wouldn't load. I have a Mac, running Mavericks, and I just got the "spinning beach ball" forever. Had to manually restart the computer to get out of the screen. I may try again or maybe just skip it. I have so many games that haven't been played yet - darn sales!

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Mar 26, 15 9:30 AM
Major issues with the game. Needs serious de-bugging. The game refuses to force quit and I have to manually shut down my computer to exit the game. The HOG scenes are not working. I've had it with BFG!

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by siscokid on Mar 26, 15 11:43 AM
It appears that we have a glitch (YET AGAIN.....SNORT) in Mr. Johnson's office. Game will freeze up and have to Control Alt Del to get out of it.

Is everybody's graphic card up to date? Or how about your system with speed?
I'm being sarcastic, because invariably those will be the "go to" questions along with the suggestion of using "Dr. Felix." Ad Naseum....

Why oh why do the developers insist on releasing games before they know darn right well there are glitches?

OH..WAIT! Gotta meet that deadline. No. Matter. What.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm reallllly getting tired of this.

And guess who cares? The purchaser. And that's it.

It's getting to the point of expecting a game to have all these SNAFU'S. Totally shocked when it doesn't happen. But in that same breath, It never does.

Shaking my head.....

I really was getting into this game and enjoying it until....dun da duuuuunnnn. NO buy from me until they get all of the glitches out. Period.

Addendum: I wouldn't be so snarky about these issues, HOWEVER....The ratio within the past 3 months of CE games that I have purchased are 4 to 1. Meaning...3 out of 4 games will have/need to fix/non-playable sequences due to glitches, bugs, whatever you want to call them because they will not work. Perused the forums, literally hundreds of the same purchaser's will have the same issues, at the exact same point of the game etc. So, sorry... a glitch is a glitch is a glitch. If it walks like a duck....so, I'm not buying the "computer differentiation bit. Sorry.

Edited on 03/26/2015 at 5:09:27 PM PST

Bunny1419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bunny1419 on Mar 26, 15 11:52 AM
I have not had issues thus far with this game, but in recent history have asked for a refund on 4 games due to tech glitches. I have to say that my requests were answered within 48 hours and in every case they gave me an immediate refund even though I chose not to send in a Dr. Felix report. Hopefully they will fix the issues, but do not hesitate to ask for your money back if you can't play the game.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 26, 15 3:21 PM
No tech issues with this game so far - although I am still on the demo.

for the most part, I've had success with about 95% of the games I've purchased - the odd one I've had issues with, but for all the years I've been a member of BFG and for the # of games I've purchased, it's been pretty good and I have received very good customer service.

It must be very difficult (and darn near impossible) to make sure a game is going to run on each and every computer out there - given the thousands of different brands and systems, ages of computers, video cards, graphic cards, anti-virus programs, fire walls, anti-malware programs, etc, etc, etc. And the list goes on.

BFG is still my "first choice" for game d/loading & purchasing

thank you.

Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Mac_too on Mar 26, 15 3:59 PM
Can't pick up anything in the first HO scene and can't click on the menu to shut the game down. Had to 'force quit'.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Mar 27, 15 6:55 AM
Got all the way to finding the owlman's house and suddenly the screen for the game is black. The map and strategy guide are there but the last of the 4 map drawings has gone black so I can't get to the next scene. I can even go to the game map and get out of the scene but the minute I try to use the drawings I'm in the dark.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 on my desktop.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Mar 27, 15 12:26 PM
Hello dakini
I am having the same problem.
I have been in the second or third part of the map and then everything went black.
A very unhappy fishie.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Mar 27, 15 3:49 PM
Wow, this game...... Made it through the maps to the Owlman's house, thought it would be okay to go ahead and purchase it.... not! After it activated, when I click to open the game, all I get is a black screen.

On an up to date Mac, OS 10.9.5

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:abandon fair ground

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Mar 27, 15 5:51 PM
I placed the second jouster knight on the "legend" machine at the abandon fair ground and now cannot access it to play the game there. I tried hitting the hint button and it keeps circling to the "legend" . Now I don't think I can advance further? Anyone else have this problem?

KDinMD

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Mar 27, 15 8:37 PM
Help. I picked up the cassette and questioned George but the cassette is not in deduction and it has disappeared from inventory so I cannot proceed without it. Anyone have any ideas?

FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Mar 28, 15 6:01 AM
Since nobody seems to be able to help I have to repeat my question here: where is the bonus item indicator?

I play on custom difficulty and the BII is checked, but still I can't see it in the interface nor on the map? Is it a glitch or do I need new glasses?

madmardi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by madmardi on Mar 28, 15 6:21 AM
I also have to force quit this game. Cursor doesn't seem to work very well, takes a few goes to get the "hand" to appear over objects. Now am in the Owl Man's House, can't pick up the yellow paintbrush in the matching pairs HOG. Really frustrated. I do not believe we should have to re-start, re-load, send a dr felix report. If there is more than one person having the same issues, there is a problem WITH THE GAME, not the player's computer.

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:abandon fair ground

[Post New]by Peta52 on Mar 28, 15 7:45 AM
KDinMD43 wrote:I placed the second jouster knight on the "legend" machine at the abandon fair ground and now cannot access it to play the game there. I tried hitting the hint button and it keeps circling to the "legend" . Now I don't think I can advance further? Anyone else have this problem?

I've had the same problem. Luckily within the demo. So no buy for me.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Nightsville Horror Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Mar 28, 15 9:10 AM
dakini wrote:Got all the way to finding the owlman's house and suddenly the screen for the game is black. The map and strategy guide are there but the last of the 4 map drawings has gone black so I can't get to the next scene. I can even go to the game map and get out of the scene but the minute I try to use the drawings I'm in the dark.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2 on my desktop.

Go to: