Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fables of the Kingdom here

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 28, 15 3:29 AM
This is a stock standard resource collection game. So here's the answers to the usual questions:

Timed - yes it is timed but you can play on after the time is up with no penalty, i.e. the screen doesn't go dark or anything like that.

Click Ahead - yes if you have the resources or the path is clear you can click ahead as much as you like.

Click Fest - No, this game has a lot going on but it isn't a click fest.

Strategy - YES! And that's why I bought it. This game appears very well developed. There's a lot going on on each level and before the game starts you can hover over the screen and see what you're going to need. There's often a surplus of one resource and a shortage of another. This allows you to plan ahead and decide what to upgrade first. After about level 3 or 4 you also have power-ups. I found myself constantly making decisions on what to do next, whether to wait for a power-up later on or to use one now. I also found if I didn't plan ahead I didn't get the 3 stars I wanted.

The guys wait around for the next command for a second, so they don't run back to their house unless they have a resource to put away or there is no further command coming. Another feature I liked was that if one of the goals is to collect something that collection is not triggered until the dude is back home, this means you can beat the clock by clearing an animal, but if you need a resource, you have to plan his trip back home in your time allowed.

I didn't spot anything I haven't seen before but because I like the graphics and the strategy element I found the game fun and engaging and would recommend it to everyone including those that play for 3 star achievements.

Edited on 09/09/2015 at 2:02:21 PM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

Re:Review for Fairy Kingdom

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 28, 15 5:18 AM
It looked like fun until I saw it did not have an Untimed option so a no buy for me. Also, there is no way to get rid of the big clunky cursor.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fairy Kingdom here

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Mar 28, 15 5:27 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fables of the Kingdom here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fables of the Kingdom.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Edited on 09/09/2015 at 2:03:05 PM PST

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by wmidds on Mar 28, 15 8:27 AM
When I beta tested this for ****, it was the Platinum Edition. Is this the platinum edition too?

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by trillian on Mar 28, 15 11:02 AM
This game is similar to many others already available, but that's fine. Just as people who play Sudoku don't stop once they've played one game, Fairy Kingdom gives us more puzzles to solve.

However, and this is the deal breaker for me, YOU CAN'T PLAY LEFT HANDED.

This doesn't happen often, but in my opinion it should never happen. Game developers are surely aware that not every person who plays games is right handed!

I did play the demo hour (by which time my hand was cramping like crazy), and got through what looks like one quarter of the game, with golds and silvers. Unless it gets considerably more complicated, it looks like it might not take as long to finish as something like My Kingdom for the Princess.

The graphics were nice and clear.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 28, 15 12:52 PM
As Trillian says, you can't play the game left-handed. A shame because I really really like the game. I'm still shaking my head.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 29, 15 4:49 PM
Thank you Trillian and tesamoine for the info on right-handed play only.
I love these type of games, but won't even trial if I cannot play left-handed.

silver64
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by silver64 on Mar 30, 15 12:53 AM

Sorry I dont understand as I am left handed and play is fine for me.....

Silver

[Post New]by wastingtime135 on Mar 30, 15 11:07 AM
I am playing left handed and it works for me--I agree that if you can't play left handed, it's a no-buy, but it's working for me..how odd!

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 30, 15 2:13 PM
I did download the trial as the two previous posters could play left-handed.

This is very odd indeed.
I have swapped the mouse buttons to left-handedness, but this game does not recognise that. It seems to be hardwired to right-handedness and disregards how my computer is set up.
And that seems strange when the two previous posters report that they can play left-handed.

Whatever the reason, I am not able to play with a left-handed setup on the mouse.
So no buy for me.

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Mar 30, 15 9:26 PM
This is a type of game that I like but I could only take 2 levels then gave up.

The graphics are bad. The text is very bit maped and hard to read. And its not my computer - it even looks that way in the screen shots the BFG has posted. I was really surprised not to see other comments on it.

The music makes me nuts - I find it really annoying.

my rating:

MikiB007
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by MikiB007 on Apr 1, 15 8:49 AM
It's a fairly straightforward strategy game - collect and manage resources, rebuild and work out the most efficient way to complete tasks. It's not too click heavy, and I like the way that resources from farms etc add themselves to your inventory without having to collect them. There is a timer, but you can continue on with the level after it has run out. There's no wow factor here, but it's still enjoyable for those that like this type of game.

My only complaint - and I'm not sure if it's anything to do with the format of my laptop, or it's operating system - but when a game offers a 'full screen' option, a full-screen image is what I would like to see, and not an almost windowed view with two, very wide brown margins down the sides. The opening scene and between level graphics all fill the screen, so why not the in level graphics? It's extremely irritating. It hasn't stopped me buying the game this time, but it may be a decider in future titles.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 1, 15 9:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for their feedback in regards to this particular game. It is very much appreciated. We definitely rely heavily on the feedback of our customers, and I've passed along the information.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 12, 15 11:36 AM
Typical find and build game. Enjoyable but like all the others. Starts off very easy to beat the timer but starts to drop with each new location. Almost impossible for me to achieve much more than 2 or 1 stars after the first main location (demo), but it was still fun. If you don't get hung up on star accumulation the timer isn't an issue because it doesn't do a "play over" if you don't make it...which is OK.

Definitely takes strategy after the first main level so put your thinking cap on. You can return to each level and play again to beat the timer so its a good "play again" game. Colorful and clear. I give, for the type of game it is a 4 out of 5...hard to rate games like this which are so much alike but with different characters.

PS: I've read others who apparently had tech problems. I had no trouble with the graphics and the game was very readable and clear, moved along very quickly except for what was part of the game (the little dudes did take their time until you hit the speed up button), but that was part of the game. Worked perfectly for me...I DID turn off the music though...but I always do anyway. Very seldom find a game that has good music to play by.

Edited on 04/12/2015 at 11:40:33 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on May 11, 15 10:44 AM
I found this to be a very nice resource management game. It's clever with it's play up on magic and fantasy.

The workers move at a nice pace and there's not a lot of needless talking and gawking - that's the way I like things! Let's get the job done, right? I'm not an avid fan of cuteness over form.

If anything, I would have preferred it to be a bit more difficult, with an additional option for expert because it's taken me 45 minutes to breeze thru half the levels with all gold.

It appears it's gonna be one of those games you have to play twice to get all gold in the achievements (bronze, silver and gold awards). But at least you can queue the workers!

I like it though. It's a worthy game and fun to play and that's what counts. It's much, much better (IMHO) than either Tiny Tale or Elven Legend!

*As an addendum, the second half of the game does get more strategic and more difficult. However, it remains fun and doable! I finished it with all gold and all achievements and I only had to replay a couple of levels to get two of the 'funnier' awards (Slow But Sure and Sleepy Head)

Edited on 05/16/2015 at 1:24:24 PM PST

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Jun 30, 15 3:51 PM
I have gold on every level, and only one achievement that isn't gold, the "slow but sure", only have the silver, and it says to receive gold, play for more than 12 minutes. I went back and played one level and finished it in 14 minutes, and it is still silver. Is there something I am not doing?

Go to: