milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

game completed but only 38 mini-games won (out of 39)

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 15, 09 6:00 AM
Hi everybody.

I got my last tiki by solving a hidden object game I overlooked. So I could enjoy the game's end.

But:

1) although the progress screen says that the game is 100% done, I have only 38 mini-games won out of 39 (I counted the mini-games gold stars on ground and sure I have 38).

5 hidden objects games at 5 stars each
1 tri peaks card game with 6 stars
1 sudoku with 1 star
1 garden game with 3 stars
1 match 3 game with 3 stars

Did I overlook a mini-game?

note: I played only the classic match 3 to the end. The other version got a little bit on my nerves (if you click the wrong tile, you lose your turn - and - your opponent tends to play your tiles a bit too often: I think the rule should not allow to play your opponent's tiles unless there is no other move to make)

2) after the end of the game, another challenge started: I had to talk again to the old sitting man on the last island. But he simply gave me the last challenge again: collect all tikis and jewels, although I already have the 10 tikis and the 20 jewels.

Is the old man a bit too old?

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:game completed but only 38 mini-games won (out of 39)

[Post New]by mamachi on Jun 15, 09 11:04 AM
I got the same problem until I played the other match3 game (the one you dont like). If you have the patience then you have solved 39. But you dont have to. I will never do it again it was booring and took a very long time.

I dont like all the minigames at all. The game would have been better without.

JamiSings
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by JamiSings on Jun 15, 09 12:08 PM
I've played all the match games. That stupid sudoko which I hate with a passion. All tripeaks, all hidden images, and it still says I've only played 38 out of 39.

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 15, 09 1:45 PM
thanks Mamachi for having the courage to play the other match 3 (you are a real hero I'll stay at 38 then.

I thought that the missing game was in fact the crate game you play to get the monkey but i was, unfortunately, wrong.

kbg27
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kbg27 on Jun 15, 09 2:07 PM
I am in the same boat - it says 100% done and I have all the tikis and jewels, but now the challenge is to find them all!

Ugh, how do you finish this game?!

JamiSings
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by JamiSings on Jun 15, 09 2:26 PM
Seriously, could someone help me out here. Is there a minigame I'm overlooking?

I've played all levels of the hidden pictures at the ship, the thing that looks like a dead squid (by the tree), and both ones at the temple. I have played and with help won sudoko. I have all three stars for the garden game. All six stars for tripeaks, all the stars for BOTH versions of match-three.

Yet it says I've only played and won 38 out of 39 games.

Where is the other game? What am I missing?

All the games I've played have all the stars filled.

Edit: So I found out at another site there's actually FIVE hidden picture games.

I've gotten the one at the ship, the one by the tree where it looks like there's a dead squid, the one at the temple steps, and the one at the temple symbol. Anyone know where the fifth one is?

And how come I can't find a list for them at the BFG walkthrough?

Edit again: Okay, turns out I had played all five hidden picture games all the way through. And it STILL says I've only won 38 out of 39 games. There must be a problem with the game itself. Lovely. *grumbles*

Edited on 06/15/2009 at 4:09:01 PM PST

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Jun 15, 09 11:04 PM
I had the same problem and checked the match 3 and you do have to play all levels of BOTH classic and challenge. It's confusing since it shows all stars even if you've only done all the levels of only one of the choices (I finished challenge).

Way too many levels for some of these games....

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 15, 09 11:29 PM
I just finished the game. It said only 38 games won but once I had the last jewel it automatically told me the end of the story and then showed the credits so don't worry about finishing that last game (or rather just the other version of match 3) if you don't want to, you'll still end the game just fine.

Edited on 06/15/2009 at 11:30:32 PM PST

JamiSings
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by JamiSings on Jun 16, 09 7:30 AM
My thing is that I DID play ALL levels of BOTH versions of match-3 and won them all.

Also all six levels of tripeaks.

All five levels of all five hidden pictures.

And sudoko.

All 3 levels of the garden game.

And it STILL says I've only won 38 out of 39 games.

So there's a mini-game in there somewhere that's missing.

Sohoplus5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Sohoplus5 on Jun 16, 09 11:46 AM
Does anyone know if the monkey catching the birds is concidered one of the mini games? And do you have to have all of the birds to be able to finish the game? I'm just missing one Tiki and I'm wondering if that's it.

Thanks

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 16, 09 12:14 PM
no bird catching is not a mini-game.

yes you need to catch all birds to finish the game.

The best way is to find where the bird is and follow it/him/her until (s)he/it stays on the ground.

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

game completed but only 38 mini-games won (out of 39)

[Post New]by jackidance on Jun 17, 09 7:44 PM
milmot wrote:Hi everybody.

I got my last tiki by solving a hidden object game I overlooked. So I could enjoy the game's end.

But:

1) although the progress screen says that the game is 100% done, I have only 38 mini-games won out of 39 (I counted the mini-games gold stars on ground and sure I have 38).

5 hidden objects games at 5 stars each
1 tri peaks card game with 6 stars
1 sudoku with 1 star
1 garden game with 3 stars
1 match 3 game with 3 stars

Did I overlook a mini-game?

note: I played only the classic match 3 to the end. The other version got a little bit on my nerves (if you click the wrong tile, you lose your turn - and - your opponent tends to play your tiles a bit too often: I think the rule should not allow to play your opponent's tiles unless there is no other move to make)

2) after the end of the game, another challenge started: I had to talk again to the old sitting man on the last island. But he simply gave me the last challenge again: collect all tikis and jewels, although I already have the 10 tikis and the 20 jewels.

Is the old man a bit too old?

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Jun 17, 09 7:46 PM
I am not able to find 3 of the jewels. I have everything else BUT I also have 38 of 39 with all of my gold stars filled in.
So I am wondering if this is a glitch and Gogii can't count!LOL

HAVE FUN!!

Edited on 06/17/2009 at 7:50:49 PM PST

[Post New]by CecPorter on Jun 18, 09 5:07 AM
I still show only 38 of 39 games.

I have gone back and replayed every single mini game over again even though I have all the stars. I actually liked the turn based match 3 and had played them both all the way through.

I am missing one jewel which I assume i was supposed to get withthe finished game but I can not figure out which game it thinks I have missed.

Any suggestions?

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 19, 09 7:00 AM
38 mini-games out of 39 are enough to complete the game (at least I could

It seems that the 39th mini-game is either the crate game (monkey reward) or when you play both versions of the match 3 game (I played only the classic).

I'd say that you are missing a jewel, hidden on an island. Check the walkthough (again) and let your monkey do the hunt -- make sure that the walkthough lists all 20 jewels (it listed only 9 tikis).

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Aug 2, 09 9:28 PM
I have the same problem; all the way through with one tiki missing. Mine says I have 36 out of 39 minigames, but all the stars are lit. I'm working my way sloooowly through the horrible Tiki Topple. I'll post if it works, but from what I've read here, it looks like it won't.

If anybody else has any ideas, please post!

Zione
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Zione on Sep 6, 09 8:52 PM
I have played every mini game (including all 60 flipping levels of stupid match-3, classic and tiki topple). I have every bird, fossil and fish. According to the picture on the screen of the shrine, I have every gem and every tiki (20 gems & 10 tikis). However, the game still insists that I have only finished 38 of 39 games, and I can't complete the story. No, the two different versions of match-3 don't count as two different mini-games, because I've finished them both and it didn't make a difference. And, no, the monkey crate is not one of the games. I think it's a glitch. GRRRRR.......

Greylady_98
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Greylady_98 on Oct 18, 09 1:38 PM
I understand everyone's frustration but------------ consider yourselves lucky. I've completed all the mini games (both kinds of the tiki challenge and my game says I've won 33 out of 38. I have all the jewels, birds, fossils and fish. Missing only the one tiki which I assume I'll get when the systems says I've finished all the games. I'm half way through doing all the games AGAIN!! If that doesn't work, I'm lost.

ivoryrose71
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ivoryrose71 on Apr 25, 13 8:39 PM
WOOHOO!!!! Finished

Go to: