GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Fairway Solitaire - New Version Available

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Aug 27, 08 12:59 AM
Actually you won't loose your profiles and saved progress because that data is not uninstalled or written over when the new version is installed.

This new version makes some of the courses right at the end of the game a little bit easier and fixes a couple of layout bugs on Mystery Madness.

Jake Birkett (programmer of Fairway Solitaire)

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Aug 30, 08 5:13 PM
I'll find out. This announcement is probably just for the PC Version 1.04.

[Post New]by pukkelt on Sep 3, 08 4:01 AM
new install

GreyAlienGames
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by GreyAlienGames on Sep 4, 08 2:42 AM
@Bettyb36: This forum is for the downloadable version.

@Felinda: I still don't have a reply about what the Mac version is yet. However, there is a workaround: I presume you are talking about when one of the cards on the right hand column of hole 4 is turned face up yet when you click it it says invalid. Well try clicking the very lowermost portion of the card which is not overlapping the card underneath. That works :-)

Edited on 09/04/2008 at 2:42:38 AM PST

Felinda
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by Felinda on Sep 11, 08 4:23 PM
Thanks GreyAlienGames - that was precisely the problem I was talking about. This is one of my favorite games and this will make it even more fun!

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Sep 25, 08 7:46 AM
pukkelt wrote:new install

New install HUH? Are there more courses ?

[Post New]by bibleteacher on Sep 30, 08 4:21 PM
My stats show that I've played 223 courses, but some of those are more than once. I only have 5 courses left and can't get past Paradise Island.. Now I've played it about 20 times and hopefully your new version will fix this.. and I don't loose any of my rewards/trophies or stats.

correction: I have played Paradise Island since June every single day at least 10 times and still can't get past it. ??? suggestions? Makes me wonder now since I even downloaded the new version about Mystery Madness... I have have one course before I get there IF I can get through Paradise.... oh brother...

Edited on 10/06/2008 at 1:35:35 PM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 2, 08 12:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

We have a list of exactly what has been fixed in each subsequent version of the game:

Update V1.02 made the following courses easier:
- Cherry Lakes (Goal was Score -1, is now Score +5)
- Joe's Gas n Golf (Goal was Score - 1, is now Score +10)
- Mystery Madness (Goal was Tokens 25000, but is now Tokens 24500)

V1.03 was the localized version and contained no fixes.

V1.04 fixed issue on Mystery Madness Hole 4.

You can tell which version of the game you currently have installed by looking at flag on the logo on the title screen. If you would like to update to the newest version of the game, it's completely free.

For instructions on how to do this, click on the link below that will take you to a help page article that gives you step by step information:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any trouble installing the new version of the game, please contact our Technical Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Oct 3, 08 8:52 PM
Sure am glad I checked into this Thread today....I just downloaded the update and hopefully it will be my answer to getting past Joe's Gas N Golf....which I haven't been able to for such a long time...a +10 will be far easiler than a -1

Thanks

Smiles,
Gee

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jan 11, 09 4:58 AM
GeeBee wrote:[color=#6931f6]Sure am glad I checked into this Thread today....I just downloaded the update and hopefully it will be my answer to getting past Joe's Gas N Golf....which I haven't been able to for such a long time...a +10 will be far easiler than a -1

Easier? I don't think it's even possible to get past Joe's! I've been playing this course for a long time without any success. You need a full golf bag of clubs to even have a chance at getting anywhere, and you don't get many clubs at all with playing through once. You have to play through multiple times just to get some clubs. Then there is the one board layout where you click on a card and it has hidden cards underneath that! You don't even know how many cards there are but keep on clicking (if you can), and they keep showing up.

I would like to know if there's a way to get through this. Some people are playing the next course, so I guess they're making it through but I don't know how. I love the game but am very disappointed when I can't finish anything. The other courses seemed to have some skill involved but this one must take a miracle!

[Post New]by imrnnl8 on Jan 27, 09 7:19 PM
Hello! I downloaded the new version today. I've been having problems getting past the Peppertree course. The goal is to win $20,000 (including the purse of $14,835). I believe I've won it with earning $8387 + the purse??? If anyone can let me know if this is a glitch in the program or in my math, I'd appreciate it!

[Post New]by Jake_Birkett on Apr 16, 09 1:22 PM
It is possible to beat the game and it's a little easier now than it was original, but some levels are HARD and require a combination of skill and luck plus most likely a full bag of clubs which you can build up by playing though an easier course.

The Peppertree cash issue may be a bug but it seems hard to duplicate. It is possible to beat that course so for now all I can suggest is trying again. Sorry.

Edited on 04/16/2009 at 1:22:37 PM PST

[Post New]by GanhdiLover on Apr 17, 09 7:40 AM
This game rocks! I'll buy it right away!
Congrats Dev Team!

[Post New]by GolfHacker on Apr 18, 09 5:56 PM
Did the Mac version ever get updated? Thanx

[Post New]by Jake_Birkett on Apr 20, 09 11:51 AM
I just checked. The Mac version is V1.03 which means it has the easier courses but not the fix to Mystery Madness hole 4. But there is a workaround for the card which gets stuck on the right hand side, simply click on the lower portion of it that doesn't overlap the underlying card.

[Post New]by rosebramlett on Jun 4, 09 9:30 PM
ok how do i get the game

[Post New]by Jake_Birkett on Jun 15, 09 2:23 PM
@rosebramlett: How do you download the game or the update? Either way if you contact customer support they will be able to help you. Do you see the green envelope picture in the bottom right of this forum? Click on that.

[Post New]by thespindoctor on Oct 24, 09 7:58 AM
I just finished the game... never ran in to any bugs the first time around though, but whatever. Some of the levels took me weeks to pass, but I love that. This is one of the few cases that I have purchased a game for $6.99 and felt like it was worth $49.99.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DEVELOPERS!! If I were them I would already have Fairway Solitare 2 out by now... this game is so awesome.

Thank you so much for this. But seriously, when is Fairway Soliare 2 coming out... you will have one soon, right?

PLEASE!

Mike

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 10, 09 7:06 AM
This was one of the first games I purchased when I joined BFG last year and I love the game! I think mine was the new version already so I have not had any problems at all with it. Encourage everyone hasn't added it to their game collection to ad it - especially since it's at 2.99! Well worth it for triple the price!

[Post New]by donnah67 on Jan 19, 10 10:23 PM
i made it through the whole game.i didnt have much trouble with getting through any of the courses.i doubt if i upgrade.....the orginal version is just fine.

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 10:25:14 PM PST

Go to: