Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Farm Frenzy: Hurricane Season here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 31, 15 12:45 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/31/2015 at 7:06:50 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Farm Frenzy: Hurricane Season here.

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 31, 15 4:05 AM
I had a chance just now to try it out - I will be buying it.
I'm not too crazy about the graphics. Not sure if that's the best they could do, or if they were going for some particular style but I really prefer something closer to a Disney look. Or just the traditional cartoonish game graphics are always good.

The game is good enough (so far) to ignore that, though.
I will spare explaining all of the details of the game, I think others can (and believe me, they will!!!) describe this better than I could.

Just came to say that this Farm Frenzy DOES seem to be enjoyable and worth at least a try.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Mar 31, 15 5:20 AM
I agree with Yaelle, this one is worth a try. It is different.

Graphics - I seldom comment on graphics as what you see in the screen shots is what you get. This one seems to have gone a little more 2D when some of the past ones were very 3D.

Game Play - This is still the same as always, animals in the middle, machines on the side. Bears to catch as well as ferrets that steal your products. You still have the goals to meet and upgrades to purchase.

What's different - You have a slot machine in this one. When you earn an achievement you are given tokens to play at the machine. You can also earn a token by getting gold. So after about 50 minutes I had hit the jackpot and had a cool 5 000 for upgrades - I also had about 20 tokens for the slot machine. Now this gives you bonuses that change up the game completely. So if you don't want to click on all the bears / possums - you use a bonus that catches all of them. Run out of grass? There's a bonus for that. Need the car back instantly or a product finished instantly? Use a bonus. Of course, you can run out of bonuses and not every spin of the wheel will give you something.

I'm not sure how I feel about this addition, it somehow takes the challenge away since you're tempted to get gold by just using a bonus. On the other hand for people who dislike a lot of clicking, this will make the game playable and enjoyable for them.

I would recommend you try this one, even if you've written of the Farm Frenzy games in the past and see how much you like the slot machine feature. It really does change up the game quite a lot.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 31, 15 7:07 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Farm Frenzy: Hurricane Season here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Farm Frenzy: Hurricane Season.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 31, 15 3:23 PM

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 3:24:23 PM PST

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Apr 1, 15 3:09 PM
The game was sluggish. I hate that I have to click on every single product to pick them up instead of the group of products. The machines are having glitches and processing one thing at a time on level 3-4 machines. Not a huge fan of the new graphics compared to the old ones. I got so excited when I saw that there was a new Farm Frenzy because it's been so long...but I found the game disappointing

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Apr 1, 15 6:17 PM
I was excited to give this game a try, but was disappointed and didn't even finish the demo. The graphics are too busy, i liked the simpler graphics of the earlier versions. Definitely was sluggish when trying to click on something. This game is not for me.

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Apr 1, 15 6:41 PM
I was a huge fan of Farm Frenzy, and own all the games up to and including Viking Heroes. However, I really disliked the 3d one they made after that, and now we have this. I feel like the graphics and the game itself has been dumbed down. I don't want to play slots or collect stickers. I don't need the animals to talk. I did not make it through this demo, I lasted about fifteen minutes and will not be buying it.

I do appreciate that game developers feel they have to change up games in order to try and keep people interested, but I would counter this with an if it 'aint broke don't fix it strategy. Farm Frenzy is still my all time favourite time management game series, but it looks like I won't be going forward with them.

[Post New]by nadiawallace on Apr 3, 15 1:03 PM
alas the bonuses are the only good thing i see with this game, such a shame the original makers sold out! game play is slow, clicking on products is awkward such a shame as i have played all the other farm frenzy games and loved them. SO DISAPPOINTING!

YEOLDHIPPY
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by YEOLDHIPPY on Apr 4, 15 7:49 AM
This game is a Ram eater just like Farm Frenzy 4.I am running a quad core with 24 gigs of ram and 8 gigs on my viedo card.And the game eats it all up The game graphics are child like.What do the developers think we have the IQ of a 5 year old.The cats at even fully upgraded are slower the heck.Shoot the ones on the old Farm Frenzy games zoomed over and got the stuff here it is a waist of time to have them.I sell all the dogs and cats on the level there put on at the start for extra money.Not the time labor or effort to have them or use them at all.And the ferrets are totaly annoing as all heck.And the bears do not even throw out the animals on the screen.I wish they would brought back where you could sell dressed bears.I waisted a credit on buying the full virson of it thinking that the possibilty of some improvement to it.But I should of downloaded the one hour trial instead but did not.So I am stuck with it now on my hard drive but it might go the way of Farm Frenzy 4 in the trash can.Bottom line it just Aufull game.Makers Please bring back the Old Style of Farm Frenzy Games.Signed Not Happy With It.

Mopface
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Mopface on Apr 5, 15 10:36 AM
Let me start by saying, I've only played the first 12 levels, but I have been a HUGE fan of the Farm Frenzy Series (although FF4 really blew...as in AWFUL) and this one is WAY better than the last one.

Way better than Pizza, Russian Roulette, Ice Age, etc., ...no.

I'm not crazy about the graphics, and that it is VERY difficult to see and pick up eggs and supplies that are dropped.

I didn't like that I couldn't see the truck "going to town & coming back" and that has been replaced with a fill up bar that I didn't even notice until I was madly clicking for something to happen.

I also didn't like that while I got the "Best" cage, it still took multiple clicks to capture bears and weasels. Why am I paying 5,000 again?

There's a couple of new things.... a roulette wheel that you can "rotate" for prizes, which were not quite evident as to what they were or when/how to use them. And coins for accomplishments, but I haven't played long enough to understand all this.

All in all...a decent game, if you're a fan of the FF series.

Maybe as I get use to the game, I will like it more.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 8, 15 6:50 AM
I demoed, bought and have played this Farm Frenzy. I have mixed feelings about the game. I've always liked the Farm Frenzy games in general and used to play each one several times. This one plays pretty much like all the others.

There is now a slot machine where you can get bonuses that I find very helpful with the different levels. This, to me, is a plus.

However, stickers show up over levels you've played requiring you to go back and play them. Most of the time once back through that level gets you the sticker. However, I've come up against a couple that require several replays before the sticker shows up. I find this annoying to the point I quit trying to get the sticker on those levels. There's only so many times I want to replay the same level before it's boring.

If anything, if the developers want to add this feature, they might consider adding a different type of game (match 3, solitaire, etc) in order to get the stickers on that level. But making people repetitiously replay a level is a real turnoff to me.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Apr 14, 15 10:32 AM
There have been a gizillion FF games, and I've not really bothered with the last few, as they just seemed to be the same thing over and over. But thought I'd give this one a go, and because I've not played it in a couple of years, it's nice and refreshing.
I like the roulette, but not really used the bonuses yet.
The graphics are fine, (has it been 3D before) I don't like 3D, so the standard graphics are great for me.
The challenge is fine, as I've not got gold on every level, but mostly have. I know this will get a lot harder, looking at previous games.

Enjoyable, and makes a change from the same old solitaire and HOGs.

I will get it, as I have 2 tokens to spend, due to the lack of any decent games anymore. (Yes, forum spies, I know you're listening to me and everyone else, even though you don't acknowledge comments like this)

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 10:34:40 AM PST

romeome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by romeome on Apr 18, 15 9:09 PM
So far I have enjoyed this game. I too have all the Farm Frenzies. My problem is with finding a Walk through for it. I found a couple, and they are videos on you tube. However, some levels are missing & some, like 10 & 14 are not the same levels as the ones in the game. Anyone know of a good walk through for this game? Thanks. Sue

snow24
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Farm Frenzy: Hurricane

[Post New]by snow24 on Apr 19, 15 10:50 AM
How do I get to the next level??? I have all Farm Frenzy games, but this one is confusing.

ak6491
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ak6491 on Apr 26, 15 1:55 PM
I didn't like the extra bonuses. I found it made the game too easy. The stickers were interesting in that you had to replay the level to get the sticker but once you received the sticker you could quit. It really should have made you need to get gold in order to keep them!
I liked the older FF games better.

[Post New]by soapcurls on May 6, 15 4:36 PM
I love this game! Really, I had wished for a new version that would contain the original FF "gold" that I had enjoyed so much. There is no way to tell you how many times I played all the rest of them or how disappointed I was with Snow globe and the very last version, FF 4 maybe it was called. I loved them all, all the way through to Viking Heroes!

There isn't one thing I don't like about this version. Ok, maybe that it seemed to end too soon.

Thank you Creators and Developers!!! Thank you Big Fish!!

[Post New]by kramffog on May 17, 15 5:02 AM
It's different. Fun and frustrating at the same time, as games are supposed to.be.
I really miss not being able to speed production by clicking factories. It sometimes leaves me sitting with nothing to do but wait.
I got gold on all levels up to #73, would like any tips on that level.

[Post New]by kramffog on May 17, 15 4:24 PM
Ok,with smart use of the potions I got the gold on #73

[Post New]by joanne80231 on Jun 6, 15 11:11 PM
Terrible game. I was getting too frustrated playing this game. I was trying to buy a cat to pick up items even though I needed to use money to buy other stuff first because it's too sluggish. I quit during before 60 minutes of demo.

Go to: