lilhexy
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Just tried DinerTown Tycoon..

[Post New]by lilhexy on Jun 16, 09 8:09 AM
Geez I wish I would have tried the free trial first. I thought Id be making dishes like in the other diner games..all you do is buy food and then click on customers with coins on their heads to get tips...i like when you run around a restaraunt making dishes for the customers..Well I guess I found out I was wrong so my bad for not trying it first...
Hexy

dogboy7
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Just tried DinerTown Tycoon..

[Post New]by dogboy7 on Jun 16, 09 9:28 AM
I didn't try this game yet. Thanks for warning me. I like those kinds of games too, check out Restaurant Empire. That is a great game. But never, ever, ever get be a king. That is the worst game. Tell everyone that is horrible!

buvez_rose
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by buvez_rose on Jun 16, 09 2:59 PM
ohhhh! don't give up yet! this game has TONS of strategy. i gave up too after being really disappointed in the hour trial. other people were just raving and raving about it, so i decided to read up more on it and began to understand that idea behind the game. it's not just clicking, it's thinking ahead and making really clever decisions in order to win the game. i purchased it and have played it many different ways/angles. love it! do some research before you say 'nay'.

[Post New]by Garrykay4142 on Jun 16, 09 3:44 PM
Hi,

I tried this last night and couldn't understand what the heck I was suppose to do, I didn't think it was working correctly.... all I did was click on coins above peoples heads, order supplies and that's about it..I'm really disapointed as I have all of the Diner town games??

What happened it's nothing like the others? I was sooo looking forward to a new verion.

Please make more but continue with the other games original format

[Post New]by sisqdiane on Jun 16, 09 4:15 PM
I like this game too, but to be fair, I don't care for the "busy" diner town games. I like my games more on a calm side. All that clicking trying to beat the clock makes me nervous...
This game is all about strategy. Look at the news, plan your menu, buy the ingredients, decide on advertising, then start the day. It is a lot like Fairy Godmother Tycoon.

Good job, Love the game.
Diane

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Jun 16, 09 10:15 PM
I'm kind of liking this one too. I don't care for the "click as fast as you can" TM games. I loved Fairy Godmother Tycoon and yes this is similar. I would call it more strategy than TM. (I also like Be a King)

[Post New]by tina041077 on Jun 16, 09 10:25 PM
I really like it!! But I also love Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I am on the last level (or at least what I think is the last...never know with Diner Dash) and it's got me stumped. But I am having a blast! Sorry you were disappointed. I would give it another chance. Halfway through the 2nd level is when I got hooked

[Post New]by Caytlyn on Jun 16, 09 10:47 PM
I've just downloaded DinerTownTycoon - but the game is stuck at 100% installing. Any idea how I can clear that?

[Post New]by Honeygs on Jun 17, 09 8:09 PM
I bought it too, thinking it was the usual, got a surprise though, I'll have to figure out the best way to play, since I bought it before trying it out... over excited I guess.

[Post New]by pEACHESgROVE on Jun 18, 09 12:22 PM
THIS IS THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. WASTED MY MONEY ON THIS ONE. WAS HOPING IT WAS LIKE ALL OF THE OTHER DINER DASH GAMES. I CAN'T THINK OF THE NAME OF THE LAST GAME I PURCHASED IN THIS LINE. IT WAS GRANNY AND FLO COOKING.MAYBE IT WAS RESTAURANT RESCUE. IT WAS GREAT. TOTALLY DISAPOINTED IN THIS ONE. BOUGHT IT TODAY AND DELETING IT TODAY.

Edited on 06/18/2009 at 12:31:07 PM PST

[Post New]by pEACHESgROVE on Jun 18, 09 12:29 PM
HONEY THATS THE SAME THING I DID. I ASSUMED IT WOULD BE AS GOOD AS THE REST OF THE DINER DASH SERIES. I HAVE LEARNED A LESSON. I EVEN WAITED TO BUY IT ON GAMEFISH BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT BUT ONE GAME THAT I HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN. ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEEEEEEAAASSSE TRY IT OUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jun 19, 09 7:46 AM
I really liked this one, but I love Fairy Godmother Tycoon and a lot of the other tycoon games, too...I think it's definitely always a good idea to play the trial before buying. That's saved me from buying some other Diner Dash-related games that I didn't end up enjoying, like the parking one!

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jun 19, 09 8:20 AM
Caytlyn wrote:I've just downloaded DinerTownTycoon - but the game is stuck at 100% installing. Any idea how I can clear that?

I had this happen as well. You need to minimize the installation window because there's a window hidden behind it about installing macromedia flash that you have to click on.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jun 20, 09 7:58 AM
How long is this game approximately? I quite like the trial and I liked Fairy Godmother, but after the one hour trial, I was already more or less in the middle of the third area. There are only five areas as far as I can see. Do they get more difficult or will there be only 2-something hours in the game?

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jun 21, 09 8:08 AM
They do get more difficult, but there are only the five areas--it's a much, much shorter game than Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I was slightly disappointed in the length, but there are so few tycoon-like games coming out that it was still worth the buy for me.

Sherrill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Sherrill on Jun 22, 09 6:42 PM
I'm not a big fan of the Diner Dash games, but I absolutely loved this one! Fairy Godmother was one of my absolute favs, and until they come out with FGTII, I at least have something fun to play.

My only complaint was this was way too short. I thought it might be like Cake Mania III where after you "finished" another level would unlock, but not so. Hey BFG - tell your developers we want longer games!!!

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jun 23, 09 12:28 PM
bronte311 wrote:They do get more difficult, but there are only the five areas--it's a much, much shorter game than Fairy Godmother Tycoon. I was slightly disappointed in the length, but there are so few tycoon-like games coming out that it was still worth the buy for me.

Thanks for the reply. I currently have a few good games I haven't finished yet, so if Diner Town Tycoon is so short, I might not buy it. I agree with you on the lack of more tycoon games, though.

[Post New]by florocks on Jun 28, 09 6:25 PM
THIS SUCKS - DON'T BUY THIS JUNK WITHOUT PLAYING THE FREE ONE FIRST - TRUE DINER DASH FANS WILL HATE THIS

What was the thought behind this junk? I love Flo, have mastered everyother one, bought this without even trying the free download, boy was that a huge waste of $7.00! All good things must end and I guess Flo's gone... RIP dear friend I'll miss you!

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Jun 29, 09 9:20 AM
I liked this game. Never did like the Dash series, but I enjoyed Fairy Godmother Tycoon, so maybe that's why I found this game enjoyable too. However, I do agree that it was a little short. Hopefully they'll come out with add-ons to it to lengthen the game.

[Post New]by littegoldfish on Jun 29, 09 6:32 PM
As a general rule, I always test before buying any of the games but even that tends to get me frustrated as I find the game interesting in the first hour only to be disappointed in the long run. However, I didn't like the change in this series at all so I deleted within the first 10 minutes of my free download, maybe I should have given it more of a chance, since some are raving, but for the most part really didn't like it at all....

Everyone's different in their preferences, so maybe they were just trying to accomodate everyone? Not sure...

Go to: