zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

seahorse rune

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 1, 15 2:06 PM
I'm not complaining here, but I do want to find out what's going on with the seahorse rune, and whether other players are having similar experiences. The seahorse rune is extremely rare for me. (to put it in perspective: I bought 120 small rune kits today and only got two seahorses). So naturally I try to avoid using it. When it is required on the small dragon map, I just let the timer run out rather than using up a precious seahorse. In the last week though, almost every map I have opened requires a seahorse. No going around it. Is there a kink or something?

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:seahorse rune

[Post New]by tdskm on Apr 1, 15 2:11 PM
I have a problem with the snail. it is always in my way and I never have one when I need it. I guess it is just the luck of the maze.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 1, 15 2:15 PM
Well, good (sort of) to know that it's a way of the game. I'm ok with waiting things out. but it IS weird.

Catgirl758
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Catgirl758 on Apr 1, 15 2:45 PM
My problem ruins change every couple months! Fist mine was the seahorse and I could never get to the dragon, then it was the snail, then the fish and now it's the unicorn and the turtle...

I try to use an object finding talisman when I buy bunches of ruins, I usually get the one I need a lot quicker.

Good luck!

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 1, 15 3:13 PM
Thanks! If problem runes change with time, perhaps one way to get around it is to bulk-purchase every few months so as to stock up on the runes while they are easy to get, before their turns to get scarce?

I don't know if this is a built-in challenge in the dragon maze, but if it is, it's not very good. I can see how infuriating it could be to a beginning player who doesn't have the cash to buy a hundred kits at once.

Catgirl758
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Catgirl758 on Apr 1, 15 3:23 PM
Yeah whenever I had a bunch of extra gold I would use a talisman and just buy a bunch of ruins and sure enough when I was finally getting seahorses more often then the fish was getting rare but I had already had a bunch saved up so it helped me for sometime at least. I wish we could also buy ruins individually, that would make things soooo much more easier!

Now I can go into the mayan/beast ruins and get it done quick, even if I have all the ruins but I see I only have one left of a colored ruin I'll buy them just in case!

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 1, 15 3:27 PM
I didn't play the dragon mazes until I was over level 100. Just for the sheer fact of not wanting to spend my then meager gold on the beast runes.

I seem to go through phases on what is rare. It's always a blue rune and sometimes it's the seahorse and sometimes it's the dragon. It's a good idea to keep an eye out for the few side quests where extra beast runes will drop. The Pearl legend springs to mind.

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Apr 1, 15 3:53 PM
I also noticed my 'rare' runes were on some kind of cycle. I've been through a phase of rare seahorses - presently it's blue fish runes for me.

I will play with a talisman to increase gold and then go on a rune buying spree. Even still, sometimes it seems I could spend bazillions and when it's the rare one, it can seem pretty much extinct in my neighborhood.

I have tried moving my 'player' (I don't know what our 'player' thing is??!! A box of popcorn??!! ) until it is directly in front of the rune I'm in need of and then go directly to the store and purchase a kit. I don't know if there is anything to that, but it seems to help me get what I'm looking for. It may not be in the very first kit, maybe second ... or third...

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 1, 15 3:56 PM
My rare rune is the snail and fish. Try not to let the number you have get low. My number is 5. I notice that if I let my rare runes get below 5 they drop less. Another key is to limit the number rune purchases, close the labyrinth or store. Play awhile before making more purchase. If you leave a few rune packs unopened in your backpack you will get more runes to drop during room explorations. This is especially true during some offers like Lairiel. I also noticed that using gems to purchase your runes does not guarantee you will get what you need.

mommerj
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by mommerj on Apr 1, 15 5:44 PM
I currently have 5,479 runes in my backpack and another 83 unopened 5 Beast runes kits. Out of those 5,479 runes I have one, only ONE snail. The blue runes in my backpack make up less than 2% of the total runes. Yet in the mazes those darn blue runes make up MORE than 2% of the runes in the maze, often 10% or more. The super rare ones like that snail, I have opened mazes several times that will have FOUR snails in a row, and sometimes as many as 5 of one kind of blue rune. I think this is just pure evil game design

In my mind, the percentage a type of rune appears in the maze should be the same percentage it shows up in your kits. Even hording the runes as I do, it is STILL hard to play those mazes.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Apr 1, 15 5:49 PM
mommerj wrote:I currently have 5,479 runes in my backpack and another 83 unopened 5 Beast runes kits.

Wow! Very impressive. Sorry about the snail issues I won't mention how many I have, although I currently only have 1 dragon and it seems to be my nemesis of late.

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Apr 1, 15 9:04 PM
rheashard2 wrote: Try not to let the number you have get low. My number is 5. I notice that if I let my rare runes get below 5 they drop less..

Hi Fishes

This is what I do as well I never let any of my runes Black and Blue of both sorts Beast runes and Mayan ever get to lower than 5 as it is a real pain to get them back to the number your wanting them at. I go on a buying spree when my runes hit the low number and try to get it back to double figures.

Beth87112
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Beth87112 on Apr 1, 15 10:22 PM
deadme wrote:
rheashard2 wrote: Try not to let the number you have get low. My number is 5. I notice that if I let my rare runes get below 5 they drop less..

I have to agree. It seems if you don't need it, you have a better chance of obtaining it, be it rune or charger. I forget who mentioned that when you are getting nothing, back out of the store and out of your game (refresh), clear your cache and then go back for more.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 2, 15 4:59 AM
I also just noticed that the pink little dragon boards get harder when you're try to speed things up - i.e. opening a new map right after freeing the little dragon from the previous one. Just opened my third-one-in-a-row: the first one only required white ones; the second one, a rare seahorse; now this one requires two black runes and three blue ones, and I'm not even attempting to get at the experience or energy on the board, which are blocked by more black ones.

So again, patience...

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 2, 15 10:52 AM
zixuss, that is true. Also, the shorter the time that you have the Dragon Labyrinth/Mayan Maze opened the more blue and black runes they require. Leave them open for awhile. PS if you have the eggs, re open the same maze as soon as you can. If the dragon or any creature is on the same square as in previous maze, any feeding will carry over to it. You don't have to start to clear labyrinth even. Just open labyrinth and hope the dragon is on same spot. You get more labyrinths cleared. This is especially good when clearing the Fire Dragon labyrinth. That little dragon has a big appetite.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Apr 2, 15 11:02 PM
my problem runes are the fish & the seashell - they have been for the last 8 months..I'm lucky if I can get 2 of either of them after spending 100K easy..
I buy Runes daily alternating between Mayan and the Lab sometimes both, so coins go quickly, but at least we earn Crystals from the Mayan Runes and other goodies..but we have to work on that Lever Lock..it's a habit..log in, do the Labrynith, Mayan Runes, Play, Visit, Gift..Play..Runes, Labr...etc..you know the deal....lol

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 3, 15 6:07 AM
Lilybells wrote:my problem runes are the fish & the seashell - they have been for the last 8 months..I'm lucky if I can get 2 of either of them after spending 100K easy..
I buy Runes daily alternating between Mayan and the Lab sometimes both, so coins go quickly, but at least we earn Crystals from the Mayan Runes and other goodies..but we have to work on that Lever Lock..it's a habit..log in, do the Labrynith, Mayan Runes, Play, Visit, Gift..Play..Runes, Labr...etc..you know the deal....lol

My feelings exactly! My supply of coins is running low after two monstrously massive beast rune purchasing sprees...

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Apr 3, 15 9:14 AM
Try not to spend a lot of your gold at one time. If you don't get what you want after 3 purchases, STOP, Play or refresh game, clear your cookies etc then go back. Randomly purchase different size chests. The end price per rune is the same. I discovered that switching between the 10 and 15 item chests increases chance of blue and black runes. To get and keep a gold supply try this. There are two artifacts that you can assemble to increase your gold % with each room cleared. They are Fireball and Reactive Glass. Their components are acquired by exploring different locations in Bellows Manor. The charges needed for completion are among the free items that can be put on your WL. Make it a practice to explore these rooms. Assemble them but don't use them unless you are sure you will play the entire time. That means tell family DO NOT DISTURB, utilize the facilities, turn off the phone, put the dogs outside, feed the cats & make sure the television is turned on to keep the parrot entertained. The artifacts last 60 minutes but time will do one of 2 things; speed up or slow down. Distractions will increase or decrease. I have yet to understand why.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Apr 4, 15 5:29 AM
Thanks rheashard
I also have found that it is better to buy after you have done the maze (either one) rather than before. not during!!! Good idea with the Talismans.

zixuss
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by zixuss on Apr 4, 15 2:52 PM
Rheashard: thanks for the tip. Yes, I'll do that. I definitely need to conserve my resources.

Go to: