Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 2, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 6:25:03 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 2, 15 6:26 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Apr 2, 15 8:29 PM
I am stuck at the Radio tower, the only button that works is the hint button but I am unable to enter the hidden object scene, the building or access the map. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling but I get the same result. I am using windows 8.1, I checked dxdiag, no problems were found, I uninstalled and reinstalled the flash player but still having the same issue.

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 8:46:11 PM PST

[Post New]by fangmcgee on Apr 2, 15 8:47 PM
On a Mac, latest OS:

In the bonus game, I found both pieces of the mural, but when I dragged the second piece onto the board, it disappeared from the screen. The game still thinks "pieces are missing" and restarting the game doesn't help.

[Post New]by fangmcgee on Apr 2, 15 8:50 PM
Also, this is more silly than anything, but you can still use the map to get onboard the ghost ship even after it disappears. The two men you already rescued are still there, though there are no active areas.

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Apr 3, 15 2:49 AM
Using a Mac with Yosemite: can't use the lighter in the workshop. The Hint keeps showing me to use the lighter. But nothing happens. BFG - the third game in a row with bugs. That has to be a record of some kind.

ARIA32462
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ARIA32462 on Apr 3, 15 6:32 AM
Map Frozen

I have reached a part of the game where I went to use the map and now i can not get rid of it. If you click on a place to go I can see the scenery changes but the map is still there. Anyone know what I can do? The menu and hint button works too. After removing it and downloading it again now I can not get to the tool box under the tree. The arrow will not change. This game has sooooo many issues. Please get a fix!!!

Edited on 04/04/2015 at 6:37:58 AM PST

SilentEyes
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SilentEyes on Apr 3, 15 11:34 AM
Fatal Error when trying to start the game.

I actually got to the loading screen once.
And then another Fatal Error.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Apr 3, 15 12:18 PM
I tried to go back to the lighthouse, and game crashed. Went out of the
game came back, twice, same thing happened. I un/reinstalled the game and got a message "some files were corrupted and have been deleted" and now I have to start the game from scratch! I beta tested this game and looked forward to its release, and now this!
So disappointed

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 5, 15 2:43 PM
Is anyone else having long black outs between scenes? I like this game and wanted to buy it, but that wore my patience pretty thin.

DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on Apr 5, 15 4:11 PM
This game keeps looping from Sarah's House to the outside of her house and when you ask for a hint, you get told to go back into Sarah's house, but there is nothing there to do. When you ask for a hint, it sends you back outside. It loops you back and forth and you can't do anything else. Additionally, the map shows no actions are available. Can this be fixed? I am running Win 7 Pro. And have done all the suggested fixes like uninstall and reinstall ---- yada yada---- no dice. This is a great game, but there sure are one heck of a lot of issues with it. Please, FIX IT! Thanks...

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 6, 15 9:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that a number of players are experiencing crash and freezing issues. It also looks like there is some trouble progressing with inventory missing. Definitely doesn't make things fun.

Since troubleshooting steps are needed for these issues as well as the fatal error message, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always happy to help get everything up and running.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by River_Tam on Apr 6, 15 3:48 PM
Operating on Windows 8

The game keeps crashing right after I get the seahorse key.
All my video drivers are up to date.
I tried reinstalling the game and keep getting the same problem.

Every time I get that darn seahorse key, the screen goes black with a static loading message on the bottom, then it crashes.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 7, 15 12:47 AM
I had a "Fatal Exception" very near the end of the bonus chapter The "Loading" would not load so I CAD out of game, closed GM, right clicked on the taskbar Icon for game and closed it...Then went to menu for 'all programs', right clicked on open and clicked "Run As Administrator" and merrily completed my game !!!

Played on Desktop PC running Win.7- 64bit

Edited on 04/07/2015 at 12:48:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 7, 15 7:55 AM
Hi River_Tam,

Thank you for letting me know that the video drivers are up to date on your computer. Since more troubleshooting steps are needed for this issue, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help provide further steps.

bfgBellerophon

psgraham
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by psgraham on Apr 8, 15 12:11 PM
I am having the same issues as deijaFish.

[Post New]by StoneColdDaddy on Apr 9, 15 5:04 AM
I am having trouble with the game freezing when the game goes from one location to another I have tried all your trouble shooting and it still does the same I have purchased every fear for sale game and have not had this problem before so it seems to me there is a fault in the game I realry want this game please help me sort this out so that I can play it .
My laptop is compatable with the game I have an acer note book I unsure of what else you need

psgraham
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by psgraham on Apr 9, 15 8:35 AM
This game keeps looping from Sarah's House to the outside of her house and when you ask for a hint, you get told to go back into Sarah's house, but there is nothing there to do. When you ask for a hint, it sends you back outside. It loops you back and forth and you can't do anything else. there is another user that has had the same issue. I am at a stand still and can't continue the game as I can do nothing but go back and forth from Sarah's house to the outside. Nothing in my inventory is able to be used at this point. I have un-installed/re-installed, nothing works. Does anyone have any solutions??

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 9, 15 2:53 PM
Hi psgraham and StoneColdDaddy,

It sounds like there is some freezing issues as well as looping issues in this particular game. I'm extremely sorry to hear about this. Definitely no fun! I apologize for the frustration this has caused.

psgraham, it may be helpful to look at the help page Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen .

In regards to the looping issue, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are always willing to help!

bfgBellerophon

angua2001
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by angua2001 on Apr 10, 15 3:53 AM
I had a three or four instances in the main game where I completed either the HOP or Jig Saw Puzzle games and the game seemed to glitch and didn't complete or give the reward, and on checking, had to complete the puzzle elements again.

Got past those bits, but I have started the bonus game and cannot progress the game further. I had just freed the two prisoners on the ghost ship and went to move back to previous location and the game froze and I got a black screen that said "loading" and then crashed completely, bringing up the BF loader. Any attempt to restart the bonus game brings back the black loading screen and then crashes out. Very annoying and frustrating. There is clearly an error in the code that needs fixing!

Please don't tell me to start the game over using a new player identity, and reassure players that an appropriate fix will be released asap, as I am certain I can't be the only person with this kind of issue.

Go to: