Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 2, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 6:24:56 AM PST

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Fishpole on Apr 2, 15 2:00 AM
Didn't even finish the 'Demo'....and just knew that it was a 'must have' for me.

I am not too fond of 'morphing objects' and 'collectables'......BUT in this game they seem to fit right in without disturbing the flow of the storyline.

The HO scenes are very interactive....and fun and the 'puzzles' don't have you tearing your hair out OR resorting to the SG to figure out.

They (the Developers) give you 4 modes of play....as is common these days it seems.....a 'diary' that keeps track of the tasks you have to do....a Map....that, of course, allows you to 'jump' to locations where there is something to do and also shows whether there is still 'morphing objects' to be collected in that scene.

I found that the 'storyline' wanted to keep me moving forward.....and only stopped to buy the game.

I play on a Laptop....Windows 7.....for those of you wondering about the download and how well the game functions.

Thank you BFG and Developers.....for bringing us THIS one!

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 9otters on Apr 2, 15 3:21 AM
Many of the HOS items were very small and the colors "muddy" so had difficulty locating them. Mini-games/puzzles very simple. A lot of "take it from here and put it there".

I thought the idea of a ghost or phantom ship had potential but the actual gameplay just didn't grab me. Finished the demo with 40 minutes to spare, most of that time spent squinting at tiny hidden objects. No desire to explore this one any further.

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 4:11:13 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 2, 15 3:58 AM
We play as a reporter who is investigating the sighting of a ship that closely resembles one that disappeared years before. There is so much to do in this game including collectibles and morphing objects and a story that keeps you on your toes.

The music is great and quite stirring at times, and the voices are good with some lip synch.

Levels: Casual, Normal, Hard and Custom.

Length: 6 Chapters and the Bonus Game

Inventory: Lockable

Map: A jump map which shows active tasks. If you have found the morphing object and/or all the collectibles a yellow star appears indicating that you have collected everything in that scene.

HOS: Different types, lists, silhouettes, etc, and all are interactive. You have the option to play a puzzle instead.

Mini Games/Puzzles: They are varied and there are a lot of them, some can be completed within a few seconds and others take a bit more thought.

Helper: None.

Extras: Wallpapers, Concept Art, Screen Savers, Music, Collections and Achievements.

Achievements: There are 11 and can be accessed during the game by clicking on your Press Pass on the left hand side.

Beyond Objects: 34

Collections: There are 5 in total named Lady, Capitan, Musician, Postcards and Monsters - 5 items to collect in each category, which can also be accessed using your Press Pass.

Points: We are given points for virtually everything we complete, I had 13,600 when the demo ended. I am not sure if they have any use in the game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Apr 2, 15 5:35 AM
Very much enjoyed the demo of this latest Fear For Sale game. Lots to do, mostly not terribly difficult but a lot of fun and the demo went by too quickly, which is always a good sign for me.

The gameplay is customisable, the map transports, shows tasks and also if you have found the morphing object and collectible. The HOS were very interactive and there is an option to play a puzzle if you prefer (which I did). I love the way this dev does jigsaws; the pieces are cut in very unusual ways which makes the puzzles such fun to complete! The mini-games were enjoyable but not overly difficult. And you get points for doing certain things; no idea what they are for but no doubt there's a reason.

Definitely a buy for me; I loved the last Fear For Sale (13 Keys) and this one is just as enjoyable

ETA: No technical issues playing on desktop running Win7 Home Professional.

Edited on 04/02/2015 at 5:36:01 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 2, 15 6:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ducansmom on Apr 3, 15 12:53 PM
This was one of the best games I have played in a while. There are so many things to look for. The story line is interesting, voiceovers are not annoying. The music is good. The length of the game is good, and I really enjoyed having all of the different things to look for. The HOPs are a little dark and for old eyes like mine it is difficult to see all of the things in the dark areas. Note to game developers it would be nice to include a "lighter scene option" for those of us who still enjoy playing the games even into our 60's and 70's. The picture quality was very good, and even on my MAC I did not have any download problems. All is all a great game.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 3, 15 2:09 PM
Review edited Apr. 14: Based on completed game: DELIGHTFUL!
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

Finally, an all-round game; entertaining and fun for all levels of players. I got the CE as collectibles' status shows on transport map & cursor changes into a hand. For the first time, I found all of them.....yay! But, I don't know if replay for missing ones is possible.

A lengthy main game (I played over 3 days). Bonus game: 9 locations (5 new, i think), 9-10 (of 34) morphs & many collectibles beyond main game. It will be a superb SE w/ a conclusive ending.

A cool story w/ characters that didn't ever overpower game play. Tasks flow so well even w/ lots of back-and-forth. Clear, colourful graphics (superb on large screen), just-right cut-scenes, good VOs & music. HOPs (had to switch back to laptop) were replayed 2-3 times and weren't easy - at times, I switched to jigsaw mode; also fun. Mini-games & puzzles had so much variety w/ diff. levels of challenge.

Only (-)ves: 5 sec. blank screen to load during zoom in/ out of mini-games & between locations + a picky cursor.

These Devs. are masters at creating a good, fun balance of all elements. Kudos!

Edited on 04/14/2015 at 1:23:22 PM PST

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Apr 3, 15 2:23 PM
This is as good a game as Credenza, and that was a great game I'm fascinated by the shifts in music according to the setting, the graphics, the storyline, all of it. I highly recommend this game!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 3, 15 2:35 PM
It's a pleasant game with a ton of anachronisms, which are too numerous to try to enumerate. 1960's or so music in one scene, Bringing up Baby poster with Cary Grant smoking a cigarette but listed as Charles Ruggles. A recorded message on a phone on a ship from 1930 or so, the list goes on and on. I liked the different HOP's, and I really liked popping out of a HOP to do a puzzle. But ultimately, I found myself not caring, despite the collectibles (which were easy to spot, and thanks for the map which shows when you've collected them for each scene, very nice), but sadly my interest really flagged. I also found myself disliking the intonations of the journalist, but, then again, she had to struggle with some pretty awful dialogue ("There, there" spoken in a near monotone). No buy for me, but I know this will appeal to a lot of people.

Edited on 04/03/2015 at 2:40:02 PM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 7, 15 1:19 AM
Wow what an enjoyable game and I totally agree with the positive reviews

I very rarely play out the whole trial and usually restart the game with a new profile, but this one I bought as soon as I saw the BOGO when the trial was over

I only had a problem with the slow "Loading" but got used to it. And nearing the very end of the Bonus Chapter I got a "Fatal Exception" that I was fortunate to work around quickly and completed as Admin. ( see posting in Tech. Prob.)

I highly recommend 'Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage CE' and loved the extras got them all !

This one is a full out of 5 !!!

Played on Desktop PC running Win.7 - 64bit

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Apr 7, 15 4:57 PM
What a great game, one of the best games I have played in a long time. I am going to have to check out the first one. Thanks Big Fish for a fun filled game.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by janey3315 on Apr 17, 15 2:29 PM
Hello Fishies...My review is based on just the demo....I love that you are given more than 60 minutes to complete the demo. Before when the demo was just an hour, I'd skip through all the story line just to see the game play then if I bought the game I would start the game completely over to hear the story from the beginning but now I can take my time through the demo and enjoy the story since we all have up to 90 minutes to finish the same demo.

That being said, I thought this game is very well done...just the right amount of simplicity to make the game enjoyable and stress free. I love morphing objects but one of my pet peeves is that when you scroll over the morphing objects (MO), the cursor changes indicating that you have found it but because I like a challenge I don't scroll over it but I actually search for the MO first

The black bar hints are another pet peeve of mine. To me, black bar hints are just that... HINTS...so what I do is I don't read them unless I get stuck for a longggg while

All in all, It's a buy for me. Although I'm not sure about the length of the game as I've only played the demo but hopefully it will be a long game. I like the style and the feel of this game...it's my cup of tea. It's a perfect start for my much needed long vacation from work. Thank you fishies for all your reviews. I always read them before buying

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 19, 15 7:52 AM
It's a long game, and a great one, I just couldn't stop playing, I was enjoying every minute of it. So glad I purchased this CE!
I needed a good game after some mediocre games we have had lately..

Enjoy!

Go to: