govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Today's Game - Huru Beach Party

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 17, 09 1:01 AM
I have seen this game around other sites for a while and heard it described as being like "Beach Party Craze". I really liked Beach Party Craze so thought I might like this game too.

Uh uh- This is not just like Beach Party Craze - It is EXACTLY the same as Beach Party Craze just with square blob figures and a story about needing new sports uniforms. Same beach layouts, same upgrades, same minigames - everything in the demo I played was THE SAME - ROFL.

I do not need 2 EXACTLY the same game of this type but anyone that does not already own BPC very well might like Huru Beach

Beach Party Craze was the first time management game I ever completed to the end- so it is not a difficult TM game. Kind of cute watching the characters sun and swim on the beach so quite entertaining.

I suggest anyone that likes the demo of Huru Beach Party also try out Beach Party Craze and pick the game with the style of character you prefer. Not much difference in anything else that I could ascertain in the time I played

tazmann423
Flounder
Flounder
2,113 Posts

Re:Today's Game - Huru Beach Party

[Post New]by tazmann423 on Jun 17, 09 1:22 AM
Thank you govegril for the heads up on this game. I'll try Beach Party Craze instead.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 17, 09 1:57 AM
Hi Taz

Yes you might as well.

This reminds me when I tried Spongebob Square Pants Diner Dash 2. It was the same as Diner Dash 2- just used Spongebob figures instead on the traditonal Diner town characters. The game itself was exactly the same

Just like same game with a different skin or something. The square blob figures might be more appealing to some people than the original BPC - though not to me. I guess it gives people a choice

I dont' get why they didn't make BPC 2 instead- they are by the same company Alawar- someone correct me if wrong there.

I can understand Spongebob would be popular as a trade name for the Diner dash example - unless some new craze of these square blob figures I am not aware of - Is there some cartoon or toys they are associated with?

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jun 17, 09 10:29 AM
Hi guys,

Since we've set up a full game forum for Huru Beach Party, I've gone ahead and moved this thread over to keep the threads in the same place. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Jun 18, 09 7:51 PM
I loved Beach Party Craze and I love all things beach. I have flip flops and surf boards and all sorts of other beach/tropical/tiki stuff all over my house so both of these games are great for me as I love the feeling of being at the beach in the middle of my living room, hah.

The levels in this game are pretty much the same as Beach Party Craze with some additional and different stores, food stands and activities to do. The mini-game craze has hit this series also and they are okay. They really have nothing to do with the overall play or story of the game, they are just something extra to do and earn a trophy for when you complete them all under Expert time.

The characters are very strange at first but, like everything else, you get used to them. Personally, I prefer the "regular people" in the first one. I especially miss the kids, they were too cute!

I look forward to another one but maybe have it set in a specific place like going through the beaches of the Hawaiian Islands or something.

[Post New]by olderplayer on Jun 19, 09 10:17 AM
I bought this game even though I already owned Beach Party Craze and have played it to the end many times.

For the price BFG is now charging, it was well worth it to get a game I can play all the way through without having to "race the clock". There are so few TM games I can play to the end.

It is enough different from BPC to make it interesting.

Go to: