bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Escape From Paradise 2 - Freezing issue new build coming

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jun 17, 09 9:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

We are sorry to hear that some people have been experiencing freezing in Escape From Paradise 2. We are working on a new version of the game that should correct this freezing issue. We will post an announcement in this forum as soon as the new version is available. The announcement will contain information on how to get the new version of the game. I do not have an estimate on when this new version will become available, but we are working very hard to get it out to you as soon as we possibly can.

bfgErie

Edited on 06/17/2009 at 9:59:45 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Escape From Paradise 2 - Freezing issue new build coming

[Post New]by mamachi on Jun 17, 09 3:41 PM
thanks we look forward to that and wait in patience.

[Post New]by itsonlyme on Jun 17, 09 4:05 PM
R u going to e-mail fishes that have already purchased the game when the new build done

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Jun 17, 09 6:08 PM
Thank you for letting us know, good customer relations!! I do agree that an email to those that have bought already would be great if it's feasible.

[Post New]by c_crawley on Jun 17, 09 6:40 PM
Thank you for the heads up I kept thinking it was something with my puter.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Jun 17, 09 8:06 PM
I've never seen an email with new builds. You'll need to watch the forums for the post or check the game forum for this game.

[Post New]by CecPorter on Jun 18, 09 5:04 AM
Are they going to fix the 38 out of 39 games glitch too?

rubikis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rubikis on Jun 19, 09 1:47 AM
Thanks!! Finally a solution for a non-working game.
Let's hope it comes as soon as possible! It's a pity that such a great game works that bad.

[Post New]by chesherecat on Jun 19, 09 4:10 AM
Oh thats great news I was hopping for this to be done. Will it stop all the error scripts too.???

[Post New]by ticketchick21 on Jun 19, 09 12:01 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I honestly don't know. When the new build comes out, do we start over, like it's a brand new game and we just delete our current game? So, will we start from scratch or will it somehow just repair the current game? At this point, I'm so frustrated that I wouldn't care if I had to start over - I just want it to work!

[Post New]by bouncerfish on Jun 20, 09 9:06 PM
woot woot!
thank you very much for that info,good excuse to upgrade my drivers anyway
can't wait to reallly get into the game.

m.r

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 21, 09 6:44 AM
ticketchick21: your saved games (profiles) aren't deleted by the new install so you can play them with the new version.

Many thanks for the new build. It fixes a lot of things on my machine:
- slowdowns or freezes
- 39th mini-game mystery (well there are only 38 mini-games)
- and after the game ended, the old guy staid mute and didn't offer me to take the last challenge again.

But the game still hogs a lot of memory: 220 MB when started (down from 400 M , up to 650 MB (it used to be 900 M after a while. So Googi's Quality Assurance people have still some work to do, if they want this game to be playable on a standard computer (i.e. a computer with 1 GB of RAM or less).

JamiSings
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by JamiSings on Jun 21, 09 11:53 AM
milmot wrote:- 39th mini-game mystery (well there are only 38 mini-games)

Which is something I hope they'll fix. Either there's a game that we can't get into or there's just 38 games.

It would be nice if build 2 also allowed for greater gender variations in tribe members. In other words - how about some GIRLS in the game OTHER then the main character? (Or, if you're playing a male, the princess.)

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jun 21, 09 12:59 PM
I wasn't clear enough: the 39th mini-game problem is fixed. The new build mentions only 38 mini-games.

[Post New]by Greenflora on Jun 30, 09 12:34 PM
I had to delete the game because it froze on me and I couldn't get back in. Everything was frozen. I was going really well until I solve the sudoko puzzle, then wham - frozen and had to shut down the computer. Now I can't get in at all.

[Post New]by Saturnbaby on Jul 11, 09 9:54 PM
HELP! I played this game for the full 60 minutes and the only issue I ran into was that my person was invisible (?)... but then I bought the game and all the sudden it won't let me back into the game!!! It just keeps giving me error messages and freezing up! What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by sowhat628 on Jul 14, 09 9:27 PM
My keyboard appreciates the fix very much. Don't know how many times I have whacked it.

[Post New]by MagsOmama on Aug 8, 09 1:02 PM
I am getting a error in the midst of building 15 to 25 huts, and then it gives me the error and crashes. Help please!

Error: access violation at 0x00000001 )tried to read from 0x00000001), program terminated.

Go to: