MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

MCF - Prime Suspects

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jan 12, 08 8:13 PM
I can't seem to finish the final puzzle. Every choice I make to slide the gems ends up in a Reset! I need help.

MooeyG

oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re: MCF - Prime Suspects

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 12, 08 8:43 PM
MooeyG wrote:I can't seem to finish the final puzzle. Every choice I make to slide the gems ends up in a Reset! I need help.

MooeyG

On the wall of the tenement is a sign reading --
A key to the box for you is imparted
Always slide toward the last place you started.

The puzzle works by the player selecting any point (a) of an 8-pointed star to place a gem on. The gem is then slid to one of two possible points (b,c). The second gem needs to be slid to point "a" where you started.

Gem 3 will cover the spot you placed the second gem before sliding it. I don't have the puzzle in front of me but you always slide the gems toward the "last place you started." If you do, you should finish the puzzle.

Good luck!

amaliesam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amaliesam on Jan 21, 08 12:46 PM
So sorry I can't help you out, but maybe you can help me? I have gone through this entire game a number of times and I can't get to the Prime Suspects. I know I've got everything on every level, and within the time limits. I also went back and did it without the hints. I get to the end it it says that I Killed Madame Fate and then it says TO BE CONTINUED. ARGH... can you help. THen if I figure out your question I will post back to you.

Thanks
amaliesam

oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 21, 08 1:08 PM
amaliesam wrote:So sorry I can't help you out, but maybe you can help me? I have gone through this entire game a number of times and I can't get to the Prime Suspects. I know I've got everything on every level, and within the time limits. I also went back and did it without the hints. I get to the end it it says that I Killed Madame Fate and then it says TO BE CONTINUED. ARGH... can you help. THen if I figure out your question I will post back to you.

Thanks
amaliesam

You have finished the Mme Fate Game!

MF is #4 in a series that began w/MCF-Huntsville, MCF-Prime Suspects, MCF=Ravenhearst and culminated in MCF-Mme. Fate. The ending is a cliffhanger and presages a return to Ravenhearst in game #5.

Did you see the phonebooth scene? That is when the "Queen" tells the Master Detective that there is still a problem w/Ravenhearst and that she must return to solve it. The previous post was here because there is no forum for any games but Ravenhearst and MF.

Congratulations!

amaliesam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amaliesam on Jan 21, 08 6:36 PM
I was thinking from your original post was there was a "prime suspect" area that I was missing in the MF game. I didn't realize that Prime Suspect was another MCF game. The game "I think" I have finished is Madame Fate. I do get to a phone booth. Are you telling me that I am done with the game, and I don't get to find the killer unless I solve the other games? I hope not, because I would be soooooo frustrated. Thanks for your reply.

amaliesam

amaliesam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amaliesam on Jan 21, 08 7:24 PM
No need to reply to my last post, I understand now what you are telling me. Just stinks... I was so excited to get to the end, not knowing that I was in a series of games. Oh well, I guess I will have to get the others.

oreo3030
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by oreo3030 on Jan 22, 08 12:39 AM
amaliesam wrote:No need to reply to my last post, I understand now what you are telling me. Just stinks... I was so excited to get to the end, not knowing that I was in a series of games. Oh well, I guess I will have to get the others.

The first 2 MCF games are part of the Master Detective series. Ravenhearst, Mme. Fate and the next game are the only ones linked tightly by story. No need to buy the first 2 unless you really want to do so. They are good but not as good as Ravenhearst and MF.

We just have to wait for #5 the return to Ravenhearst.

Go to: