drewcifer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by drewcifer on Mar 10, 16 6:27 PM
just installed latest update. running win 10. so far it works ok. takes a few to load but runs. will update more tomorrow

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 10, 16 6:52 PM
Windows 7, Level 71...open quests for Skull Pete and the Lighthouse Keeper, after getting the blue lens...played for about an hour, and game froze..."unresponding". Left it open, hoping it will kick back on as I had accomplished several quests, spent a lot of coin to open up the new zoom zones, and figure I will lose all of that progress if I shut it down now. ZenWolfen

ETA: WhooHoo...went back and everything was frozen, had to CAD out, but when I logged back on, and re-opened the game, it was right where I left it...everything was saved, and I am grateful!

eta 0135EST...game froze again after another hour or so of play. Had to CAD again...going to pop back in one more time and see if I kept my progress this time...and it did. So apparently something has changed so even if it glitches, it still saves. Freezing up will get tedious if it continues, but at least progress doesn't appear to be lost, so I can live with that for the time being.

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 10:41:30 PM PST

WANJR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WANJR on Mar 10, 16 7:21 PM
using windows 7 - did the update - fails after Elephant games as before - did a delete of the game and reloaded - no difference - still freezes

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Mar 10, 16 7:36 PM
After this last update my game was playing fine! The Christmas update slowed it down so much it was like playing under water. The update the other day fixed it! I am very grateful. After the "fix the bugs" update today everything was playing fine. But I just went back into the game and my blue quests are gone. Please advise!
Patty

[Post New]by soniamkyaw on Mar 10, 16 8:31 PM
I just downloaded the new update and at last the game is running again. Thanks to the Big Fish Games team now I can play my Midnight Castle.

[Post New]by wiccanpride39 on Mar 10, 16 9:09 PM
The game is working for me now, but I didn't receive any updates at all, no new pets, scenes anything.

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only

[Post New]by Kathyrn1124 on Mar 10, 16 9:10 PM
I just purchased 79.99 in coins and got a 200.00 bonus on my spin.
I play the midnight castle game on my iPad. My id code is: i28107
My game went off and I lost ALL of my PURCHASE.

Please restore my coins.

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 9:17:24 PM PST

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Mar 10, 16 11:34 PM
A big Thank You to the team after the latest update i was able to run midnight castle again and its working perfectly . I appreciate all your hard work and hope people remember that this game is free to play so a little patience is sometimes needed ,

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Mar 11, 16 12:05 AM
I had the Salty Avatar, but after this last thing it's gone !!! I would like to have it back please !!!

Betslou41

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 12:06:24 AM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Mar 11, 16 12:09 AM
Since the last update, Midnight Castle is not cleaning up upon exiting. There is a left over process, Big Fish Games: Game Services Application (32 bit). This left over prevents me from using any game until I open the Task Manager, highlighting that Application and clicking the "End Task" button. Please fix.

gmaw50
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gmaw50 on Mar 11, 16 2:18 AM
Thanks for the update. I am finally able to get on and everything seems to be good!

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Mar 11, 16 3:26 AM
Download seemed to load ok, even went through the installation process. Success I though. Ha think again. Got to checking illumination and stayed there, and stayed there. Went to bed at 2.15am, checked when I got up, and you've guessed it, it's still checking.

But on a brighter note, this time I got my ID 408943 progress!

rec4rem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rec4rem on Mar 11, 16 3:35 AM
Thanks to the developers!! Downloaded the update this AM. Got access. All's well.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Mar 11, 16 7:28 AM
Further to above post, update finally loaded at 3.15pm, not yet played the game, but it looks as if all my coins, shards etc are still there.

[Post New]by etrnlone on Mar 11, 16 10:50 AM
ty.....ty....ty

[Post New]by ladydia012816 on Mar 11, 16 12:28 PM
geniegal wrote:Since the last update, Midnight Castle is not cleaning up upon exiting. There is a left over process, Big Fish Games: Game Services Application (32 bit). This left over prevents me from using any game until I open the Task Manager, highlighting that Application and clicking the "End Task" button. Please fix.

Hi Geniegal,
Lady Dia here.
I am running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer. Before the update, I had to do this process everytime I got out of Midnight Castle only. All my other games seemed to operate properly. However, after the update, this problem seems to have gone away.
What I have noticed is that after the update everything seems to be much slower and even jerky. Especially noticable when I play the tournament and spin the wheel. It almosts stops and then starts again. Generally to land on 10%. The slow down has caused my poor results to be even worse. Guess the Tournament Topper achievement is something to wish for instead of achieve.

Have a great day.
Lady Dia

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Mar 11, 16 12:28 PM
Could not access game manager or game last night and still cannot access it. Am on WIndows 7 not 10. Help!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Mar 11, 16 1:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

It looks like many of you are aware of the latest update to the game, and that some are still experiencing issues despite this.

In case anyone needs help with installing the udpate, you can follow the steps here:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (PC) - March 10, 2016

For those who have already installed, but are experiencing issues, I recommend the steps in the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these are not successful, we ask that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report.

If anyone is missing items or progress, please contact Support with your Midnight Castle ID. In case anyone is unsure of how to find that ID, I've included the following:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by LaumeRagana on Mar 11, 16 3:08 PM
After last update (March 10) the game finally updated and runs smoothly so i can play again. So far didn't notice anything missing. Windows 7.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Mar 11, 16 3:24 PM
New update didn’t fix my game. It still stalls out on downloading error 6. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled GM twice now and uninstalled/reinstalled MC several times, as well as, restarting computer. Nothing works. So what do we do to fix my MC? It’s on a computer running Windows XP w/ lots of memory. I’ve now been shut out of game for 5 days. I can’t even use the steps to move MC to a different computer until I’m able to download the full game.
Message sent to CS/Tech Support, am hoping a fellow fishie has an answer faster than CS. Thanks!
Update 3/19/16: Thank you to tech support! Turns out the setting for my anti-virus was interfering w/ download of game. Temporarily disabled it, downloaded update and voila, I can play the game. Still working my way thru level 67, will keep at it.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 10:37:52 PM PST

Go to: