Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Garden 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Apr 6, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 04/06/2015 at 6:32:32 AM PST

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Queen's Garden 2 here.

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Apr 6, 15 1:42 AM
Looks likes a crappy Monday game!

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Apr 6, 15 5:25 AM
I did not get very far into the game before I had to quit. There are the usual power-ups of by matching 4 or 5. You also have to move certain tiles to the bottom. These tiles, in this case a butterfly, made me nauseous. The butterfly keeps flapping its wings until you remove it at the bottom of the board.
A no buy for me even with a pcc.
lea

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 6, 15 6:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Queen's Garden 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Queen's Garden 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Apr 6, 15 8:24 AM
I really hoped on looking at the screenshots that a good M3 might break the cycle of Black Monday, Useless Tuesday, Ok Wednesday (but special offers so can't use PCC), CE Thursday and CE Saturday and SE Friday and SE Sunday.

BFGs were supposed to offer a new game every day, but SEs are not new. Just revamped CEs.

This game is really boring. So you build a few paths, and plant a few bushes. Don't really know why the planted bush is a pile of earth but within seconds has grown to a full sized bush?

Agree with other reviewer regarding butterfly. It is not only annoying but nauseating!
Usual kind of board power-ups but nothing to hold one's interest.

Unless there's a radical change only worth looking at BFG site on Thursday and Saturday.

A great shame. Maybe game devs just not making anything new if it isn't a CE these days. Gaming in general going in a bad direction of free games but pay for in app purchases.

BFGs my favourite game site and only one I subscribe to, but becoming increasingly disillusioned :-(

[Post New]by MarkAlan727 on Apr 6, 15 9:44 AM
Looks exactly like the first "Queen's Garden" which was pathetic at best.

There are so many good titles available like "Garden Shop" that Big Fish refuses to publish because they would rather post brainless hidden*object junk piles all week long...

Edited on 04/06/2015 at 9:32:30 PM PST

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Problem with Shop?

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Apr 6, 15 11:50 AM
I have completed level 7, have 320 gems, and have 2005 coins. Thought I had accumulated enough to be able to buy a few items for my garden. The only options available are those two little hedges that opened at the start of the game. It looks like other flowers were supposed to become unlocked at levels I have already passed.

Is there a step or secret I missed? Is the game defective?

I quite liked the first Queen's Garden and enjoy decorating, but hesitate to buy if my shop isn't working right!

I do agree that the game is a bit overly "busy" with arrows, butterflies, birds, etc.
I will buy it anyway, however, if I can figure out how to buy stuff.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Problem with Shop?

[Post New]by shagwendy on Apr 6, 15 5:07 PM
Bilyeu5 wrote:I have completed level 7, have 320 gems, and have 2005 coins. Thought I had accumulated enough to be able to buy a few items for my garden. The only options available are those two little hedges that opened at the start of the game. It looks like other flowers were supposed to become unlocked at levels I have already passed.

Is there a step or secret I missed? Is the game defective?

I quite liked the first Queen's Garden and enjoy decorating, but hesitate to buy if my shop isn't working right!

I do agree that the game is a bit overly "busy" with arrows, butterflies, birds, etc.
I will buy it anyway, however, if I can figure out how to buy stuff.

It's an alright game, nothing spectacular. Each item you buy earns you a different amount of points, you have to plant so many points to unlock the next item for your garden. That means you will have to buy plants you don't want just to earn enough plant points to get to the item you really want to plant.

HUCster
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Problem with shop

[Post New]by HUCster on Apr 6, 15 6:17 PM
Please forgive me but I am responding to a comment about the game and couldn't figure out how to include that comment.

Yes, you have to purchase plants and walkways to earn enough points to unlock more plants for your garden. However, I have been able to dig up old plants and replace them with new plants. I will grant you, a bit awkward, but it works for me.

I hope this helps!

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 6, 15 8:47 PM
I don't know why there's so much negativity about this game? I am really enjoying it!
It takes some thinking to play this little gem....................you need to make 4 or 5 matches just right to break the rocks or blocks.............BUT I GUESS TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN...........................

I BOUGHT AND I WILL WIN

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 6, 15 9:05 PM
I quite like this little game.

I found it relaxing and fun. It is bright and colorful, with a choice of playing options!

That all makes it a buy for me!

Happy Gaming,
BK

ps @HUCster, I have sent you a PM.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 7, 15 7:43 AM
one of the most boring games this year

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Apr 7, 15 8:49 AM
Great Game!
I'm not a big M3 fan, but this really is a very nice game, one of the best. When playing you can create power ups to help you getting on with levels. The humming birds are awesome; they come in flocks eating up all figurines of your choice. The boards are clear and challenging. On each level you earn gold and on some levels gems, which you can use buying items for your garden.

And I just love the garden. You can use all your imagination to create a beautiful one.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Apr 7, 15 9:14 AM
I was going to let this game pass me by until I read a few of the reviews on the game page. I'm so glad I tried it. I think it is really fun and relaxing. Getting to do the garden is a pleasant bonus. The music is very nice as well. It is one of the few games I have tried that actually ran out of time while I was playing it. I am not a Match3 fan as I have mostly TM's, but this is a definite buy for me.

stonewall
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by stonewall on Apr 8, 15 12:20 PM
I've read the reviews and some like it some don't. I however like the game enough to buy it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles some games do, but is that a bad thing? In a time when everything is so complicated in our lives, it's nice to have something simpler to play. And since I can't have a garden of my own, I'll spend some time creating one for the Queen, but mostly for myself.

knitnow
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

The Demo does not do this game justice!! It's terrific (imho)

[Post New]by knitnow on Apr 15, 15 10:42 AM
I bought this because I had some credits to use... initially I was, like many others, not very impressed...
HOWEVER...
as the levels continue the game play gets interesting.
It is not your typical match 3 play. It's difficult to complete some of the levels, there are a few different challenges, and no option to shuffle the board for help. Once I got over the initial frustration I came to really appreciate the strategy in the game, and have absolutely enjoyed the play.
I am at Level 206 right now, so I guess you could say I like playing it.

I'm in it just for the game, and generally skip the 'build a whatever" portion of the program. One day when sitting on hold for a phone call I started playing around with building a garden, and have to say, it was kind of fun... no challenge, but a nice little exercise.

This game really gets interesting in the levels I reached after the 60 minute trial. I'm very glad I pressed on with playing ... because what a treasure this game is!
I think it's a terrific spin on Match 3 and presents a unique set of challenges.

There have been so many negative reviews that I wanted to cast my vote in favor of this game. I'm loving the play!

[Post New]by linyoung on Apr 15, 15 12:04 PM
I'm rather surprised at the division among the players ... it seems one either loves it or hates it. That being said, I tried the demo (I hadn't been very moved by the first one and didn't expect anything different here). Boy was I surprised! I must say that I didn't expect anything special because I am NOT an outdoor person, especially digging in dirt, weeding, watering, whatever, so I wasn't thrilled about building a garden. However, please, to anyone just trying this game out - please continue & let yourself go with the flow. The M3 portion is a bit tedious (still at lower levels right now) but laying out the garden, with paths, pools, and plants that are quite pretty is very relaxing and enjoyable! Needless to say, I found myself buying it to continue laying out the garden!

One question if anyone knows - where/what can we purchase with the gems? I can't seem to figure that out. Thanks for any advice!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 16, 15 5:19 PM
Didn't care for the first QG, BUT...I decided to just try this one ...what an AWESOME surprise, I ended up LOVING this GEM!!!!

OMG...being a garden fan myself ( but live in apartment ) so no gardening for me , I was so impressed with ALL of the choices available in this game, from made made options, like statues, benches, vases etc, to flowers, bushes, plants, and than a variety of different stone paths, to chose from also, there is so much, and I just LOVE, all of them, so PRETTY !!
SO...I am really enjoying the planting part of this, so well done developers, THANK YOU, since I can't do it in real life, this is the next best thing .

And let me tell you, the M3 part is NOT easy, there are some really challenging boards, were you have to knock out, dirt or other obstacles, that are very hard to reach, but as I go along, I am learning and getting better..lol, so enjoying the challenge, its not so hard as to frustrate, just need to use those brain cells, every now and than .

I am SO glad that I tried the demo, instead of passing it by, because I didn't care for the first one, so a BIG thanks to the developers, for making the game play, MUCH better, in this gem, I just LOVE IT .

I always try games out for myself, if you like gardening and M3, this is a must try, IMHO .

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Apr 18, 15 6:59 AM
linyoung - there are plants later you can buy with the gems.

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Apr 27, 15 9:19 PM
I like building games and match 3.The skin graphics are awful on this game but the rest of the graphics are ok.I couldn't get some of the benches
to go in the right direction but I'll mention that in the tech section.The game is ok but doesn't have any wow factor.I'd give it 6 out of 10.

Go to: