Champagne Falls help??

[Post New]by mcbjohns on Jun 18, 09 9:27 PM
I'm loving the game but I am having trouble passing Champagne Falls. I've tried a couple of different strategies but I can't get it! Any suggestions?

Re:Champagne Falls help??

[Post New]by bakagaijin78 on Jun 19, 09 5:56 AM
These are the strategies that worked for me:

- when an ingredient is in high demand, price the dishes that include it at 'premium' (just one click above 'regular') and all others at 'sale' (just one click below 'regular'). Adjust every day if necessary.
- when you don't have many recipes, make sure you have enough ingredients (enough for at least 20+ of those recipes, or 40+ if you only have one recipe). If you have several recipes, you are usually safe with about 15 of each ingredient per recipe. If you don't have enough money to restock, focus on what is in high demand.
- when buying new recipes, always try to go for ones that have most ingredient types that you do not have yet. This pleases more people and gets your numbers up quicker.
- try to buy the next resteraunt as soon as possible until you have all 3
- try to buy a new recipe at least once every 2 days (or more frequently if possible). The more expensive the recipe costs, the more money you will bring in.
- try to buy a new shop upgrade at least once every 2 days (or more if you can afford it).
- don't bother with the advertising cost too much near the beginning. It is expensive ($200!) and you can use that to buy improvements instead, which also works like advertising.
- try to achieve the daily challenge whenever possible.
- once you have all 3 shops, with all of the their improvements and at least 5 recipes each, you can price everything at 'sale' and make sure you are stocked up with at least 15 ingredients per recipe every day. Also, you should be able to afford buying all advertising options daily at this point too. Then just keep going like this until you win.

This is what worked for me at least, and I didn't buy any of the 'research' for any customers. As long as you try to get a wide variety of ingredients as soon as possible you shouldn't need to waste your money on the research.

Good luck!

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Jun 20, 09 2:19 AM
This is probably a dumb tip but I need to tell somebody.
Occasionally the daily challenge will come up "learn this recipe" and there's no way you can afford to learn it and stock up the things you need to produce it. So buy it and pull it off the menu.
Logically if I have 700 left over today and have the same kind of a day today I should have 1400 come nightfall of today but that doesn't seem to be the case for me with this game. the buying the recipe and pulling it lets me save up for the stock to make the dish.

fillet2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fillet2 on Jun 22, 09 10:36 AM
Take notice of the customers Favourtie dishes, and drive the prices up.

Check the menus each day, and you will notice that some dishes are favoured by a particular customer much more than other customers.

This means that that customer likes 2 or 3 of the ingredients. If they like all 3 of the ingredients, it is their Favourite dish and they will always be willing to buy it at a Premium price.

At Champagne Falls, you can drive the Premium price up to almost double the initial Regular price. They will keep buying it because it's their favourtie dish!

Don't worry if other customers think it is expensive. This dish isn't for them

Not all dishes are someone's favourite. Sell the non-favourtie dishes at a Regular price.
For the Favourite dishes, keep driving the price up as much as you can.

Example:
The Clouds of Jupiter dish at that Space restaurant, you can sell that on your first day that you buy the recipe, for $200 and find one customer that will buy about 8 (if it's a crowded day). Throughout the game, this customer will start to think that the dish is expensive and you'll have to lower the price a bit.

However you will NEVER need to put a Favourite dish on Sale, the customer will always buy it at a Premium price!

[Post New]by mewmeee on Jun 24, 09 11:03 AM
I hope someone here could help - how can you get all the trophies?
There are those "earn 20000 bucks" and "collect all recipes" trophies, no matter how I tried, the game is over (I won) before I have the chance to buy all the recipes or earn enough money!

Anyone know what to do about it?

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Jun 24, 09 11:10 PM
As far as I know the only way to do this once you have completed the game is to start the game over using a different profile, In fact this is what I am working on now. I attempted to do a replay on Champagne Falls after completing it and got the 20k once but it did not count towards achieving all the awards trophy. And getting 20k is tough because they keep getting satisfied first.

fillet2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fillet2 on Jun 25, 09 3:59 AM
I completed the game but didn't get the 20k trophy and the trophy for getting all the recipes.
All you have to do is replay the levels where you didn't collect all the recipes. Or Champagne Falls, for the 20k trophy.

You don't need to create a new profile, just replay whichever level you want, by clicking on the level on the world map.

fillet2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fillet2 on Jun 25, 09 4:25 AM
Oh by the way, I got all the trophies without having to create a new profile, so I'm not sure why it didn't work for Sunbreak =/

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Jun 26, 09 4:00 AM
you are absolutely right, and I am a sometimes airhead, (cause I misread the trophy)
what I had read was you had to get all the other trophies, what is says is all the recipes.
I think I might have needed a new profile anyway due to the fact that I had been sloppy regarding just getting the recipes I needed to complete each phase.
So with this new profile and concentrating on accumulating all of them, I was able to complete all the trophies.
Funny thing about it was learning to starve a particular class to keep going.
This was rather pronounced when I got to Thyme Square.
I had been concentrating so hard on getting the recipes for the scenario that I didn't realize just how much money I had made. I looked up and I was at 13k and my lady in red was only a little over halfway across her bar. My test tube was less than half full and I thought. okay! I was going to hold off and work on the 20k at Champagne Falls but this will work. So I just made a point of concentrating on meeting the daily challenge where there wasn't a conflict, and kept off the menu all the items that contained saffron eggplant or peppers. and got my 20k at Thyme Square. This really made it much easier at Champagne Falls only having to work for the recipes.

[Post New]by mewmeee on Jun 26, 09 10:25 PM
Oh I did it!
I just replayed the whole game (with a different profile) and just put up all the prices to premium. That way less people buy the dishes (more time to buy the recipes) but the amount of money I end up earning is not much less.
I got enough time to earn $20000 even in Bistro Bay!

Now I finished getting all the trophies, and I am happy!

I am not particularly fond of this kind of strategy game but I got this bcoz of the DinerTown characters. But once I tried it I like it!
I read that FairyGodMother Tycoon is fun too...maybe it is time to try?

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Jun 27, 09 12:36 AM
I absolutely loved Fairy Godmother Tycoon, the game play is very very similar to this one but the art work is ten times better. The satire and silliness of the mini plots was awesome, clearly someone put a ton of thought into them. On the other hand There aren't as many ingredients and recipes to monitor.

Congrats on getting your awards, nicely done!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 27, 09 6:15 PM
This will seem like cheating to some--it does to me--but you can think of it as getting around bad game design.

The strategy described above by BakaGaijin (is that how you divide your name?) sounds like a workable way to beat the last neighborhood, and I ought to try it sometime It would be very satisfying to carry it off successfully in any neighborhood, particularly that one.

However, I managed my first time thru without as much price sensitivity by employing one simple cheap trick, starting halfway through the Falls round:

Whenever the Chef Challenge was manifestly impossible--like selling 10 meals to Simon the Celebrity (who likes caviar, rose petals, and agar gelatin) before getting the 3rd restaurant; or buying a sign or a number of ingredients so expensive I wouldn't be able to restock sensibly--instead of just sighing and letting Ingredient X build up, I quit out to the main menu and came back. I had inadvertently discovered that this resets ONLY the newspaper. Usually the challenge was then something doable; if not, I rolled the dice again.

I tried not to reject the hard challenges this way, just the truly impossible ones. (Ethical cheating, right?) But late in the round, when it wanted me to finish the day with no unhappy customers, and the green bubbles were nearly at the top of the test tube, I admit I wimped out. One of the Uncle Charles types seems to ALWAYS find one dish to complain about the price of, no matter how deeply it's on sale, and I just didn't want to risk it.

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Jul 1, 09 2:36 PM
Mewmee you have me totally scratching my head. Repeated tries and I still cannot get 20k in Bristol Bay. My hats off to you for doing it.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jul 1, 09 11:41 PM
I finally won this level after a lot of frustration. The key to this is micro-management.

The most important thing is the ingredients. If you run out of them, it doesn't matter how much decor or advertising you have because you won't make a sale. People won't buy a hot dog without a bun. Keep a very close eye on the fridge and don't use the "restock all" button because it's a money waster.

It's time consuming but look at how many sales were made as compared to inventory. If you sold one chicken and have ten in stock, there's no point in buying more since you'll be able to ride out the next day. If you sold 39 saffron and only have 40, you might want to bump the inventory up a bit.

The next thing is pricing. If prawn is in demand, obviously you buy it for your inventory, but anything with prawn in it should get a price increase to premium level. It's a pain to adjust the prices, but it's worth it when you see the cash rolling in. Personally, I've found that on this level people will pay more since it is the ritzy part of town.

Third is advertising. The first couple days it isn't worth it because it just eats up your limited money and doesn't generate a profit. Instead, you're better off with the building upgrades. They draw people in and once you buy them they are yours. After a week or so you probably should advertise and put the balloons as close to Grub-burger as you can.

Fourth is expand your menu. Try to have as big a variety in ingredients as you can. As in real life, not everyone likes shrimp so it's good to have beef on the menu.

Finally, do the challenges as much as possible. That is what will keep your head above water.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 15, 09 11:50 PM
bakagaijin78 wrote:- don't bother with the advertising cost too much near the beginning. It is expensive ($200!) and you can use that to buy improvements instead, which also works like advertising.
and
eddyatwork wrote:Third is advertising. The first couple days it isn't worth it because it just eats up your limited money and doesn't generate a profit. Instead, you're better off with the building upgrades. They draw people in and once you buy them they are yours. After a week or so you probably should advertise and put the balloons as close to Grub-burger as you can.
I disagree. I did some testing, intending to see where the best place is for the gorilla adman and found the following:

A) Results were HIGHLY variable in 4 tests per place, but right next to Grub Burger is best, with maybe a slight advantage to the corner nearer the top of the screen, from 43 to 59 meals, vs. 40 to 52 for the corner just below, with the first-level sign also bought. Placing the gorilla nearer the restaurant was not quite as good because there's less traffic, but it still was usually more effective than having a sign alone (see B below).

Using just the sign gave me a range from 29 to 41 over 5 tests, with the other 3 results in the 30s. Using just the gorilla gave me 37 to 50, with the other 3 results in the 40s.Not advertising at all actually gave somewhat better results than the sign alone, 32 to 46--but as I note above, results were highly variable, and 5 tests are clearly not enough for high experimental accuracy.

I suppose signs are worth it over time--you don't have to rebuy them every day--but for the first several days it seems that my results are actually opposite to the others' advice above: You get a lot more bang per buck with early advertising than buying a sign, and it's way cheaper.

Go to: