soufi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Inventors

[Post New]by soufi on Jun 18, 09 10:48 PM
I just love this game, love Sandlot's word in general, love the humor, finesse and historical research they put into their games.

I'm just puzzled about the inventors that can be found in the gyms: I've done most of the adventures but just this last time did I manage to get something out of them, I do'nt understand what exactly is needed since I think I have all the merchandises available. Any insights?

gammafish
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Inventors

[Post New]by gammafish on Jun 19, 09 12:30 AM
Whenever I'm in a town with a gym, I take a peek at the inventor donation area. Unlike with the thieves and the merchants, usually the up and down arrows on either side of the inventor donation line are darkened, indicating that donations aren't possible. If you peek in and see the arrows active, then that means the inventors have something, and it's only a matter of donating enough to get them to tell you about it. (I usually get it with 100)

So far I've found 7 different inventions. Not sure if there are more.

Pharaohn
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Inventors

[Post New]by Pharaohn on Oct 13, 10 4:30 AM
Let's see: Olive Oil, Mead, Wine, Weapons, Squid and Feta (these can be 'invented' in any Gymnasia)
There is 1 you only can get in Olympus (Ambrosia).

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Inventors

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 11, 13 2:29 PM
I find that 50 drachma suffices to give me invariable success w/ Inventors and good chances of anything else in a Gymnasion.

Unless I've aquired an item that says I can get info cheaper in general, in which case I drop in only 30 w/ good results.

I haven't actually experimented, so even that may be overspending.

30 probably also suffices for Inventors if you've bought the 1000-drachma Test Subject Shackles, the 3000-dr. Massage Ointment to sweeten the Meteorologists (altho I never talk to them, having found that what they tell me isn't worth knowing the way I play), or the 4000-dr. Double-Headed Coin to amuse the Thieves (whom I also never talk to, because by the time I can afford to ask, I'm always well enough armed to make a profit on my battles). But since the return on investment in those cases can't possibly be worth it ...

Go to: