govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Todays game - Lovely Kitchen

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 19, 09 12:49 AM
I have played the demo of this game twice.
Time Management game where you manage a restaurant LOL

There are 2 modes-
Casual- (easy mode) where you have a cook make the food so all you have to do is tell him what to cook and serve it
Simulation (experienced mode) where you have to also prepare the food yourself as well as serve

It is fun and kind of gets very hectic as you go along- I have played mostly the easy mode so can only imagine how hard Simulation gets.
I like how she speeds up as her time runs up to get her chores done faster-

The graphics on my computer come out a bit stretched and 2 large black bars on the side- it does not seem to like my widescreen resolution and I could not find any option to change it other than put it in window mode.
The only other thing I don't like is that some of the recipes and cakes look similar so you have to really look at what you are clicking.

Since both times I played full hour I must have enjoyed it despite these annoyances so bought it straight away today

Also note I seem to have got through about half way through the levels in the hour trial so if you only going to play the one mode it might be a bit on the short side- Unless there are levels you cannot see on the screen.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Todays game - Lovely Kitchen

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 19, 09 2:01 AM
Absolutely no interest here. Have fun TM fishies!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 19, 09 2:08 AM
Hubby told me we have a lovely kitchen in our house, but I've never seen it. I'll have to visit it one day.

tazmann423
Flounder
Flounder
2,113 Posts

[Post New]by tazmann423 on Jun 19, 09 2:42 AM
This game not for me!! I already have a kitchen that I can't seem to manage. LOL

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 19, 09 3:03 AM
scotcat wrote:Hubby told me we have a lovely kitchen in our house, but I've never seen it. I'll have to visit it one day.

Thanks for the good laugh , after the tears because of the missing HOG...

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jun 19, 09 6:01 AM
Key word...hectic.
I am not even going to download this one.
???????

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 19, 09 6:18 AM
Yes it got very hectic or me but I am a slow player- it took a bit to keep up with the clicking though I still passed the levels it gets a bit exhausting.

Perhaps tomorrow will bring a Lovely Hidden Object game for us all

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Jun 19, 09 9:29 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you all know that we've set up a full forum for Lovely Kitchen now, so I've moved this thread on over there. Just a heads up!

Happy gaming!

bfgEuphrates

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 19, 09 3:07 PM
I love TM games but there are lots better than this one. Graphics are pretty rough & instructions are in pretty bad Engrish. On two levels I had more than the required number of points above the goal, but it told me I had failed. Good for a demo, but definitely not worth buying!

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by rncurtin on Jun 19, 09 4:07 PM
There are two goals you have to reach in each level. You can earn enough money but if you don't have enough happy customers you will have to replay the level. Thought you might want to know why you couldn't move on to the next level.

mooskilady
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mooskilady on Jun 20, 09 5:00 PM
I didn't think I was going to like this one at first but near the end of my trial I bought it so i would also be able to try the sim mode. It is hectic but the characters remind me somewhat of Janes Hotel. Unfortunately I am having a great deal of trouble getting through the boards where the kitchen is closed - my gangers start shooting and my ladies in red get all upset and leave. <sigh> I'm sure the trick is in the sequencing like with the wedding dash games. Luckily I bought it so I can keep trying!

by the way, the sim mode is tough but it's also quite fun.

Thanks bfg for clogging up my hard drive with yet ANOTHER tm game to feed my addiction. If I could manage my real time like I do these tm games I'd be in fairly good shape!

[Post New]by lmac0dl on Jul 11, 09 7:43 PM
As soon as I saw this new TM game -- I was very excited -- I have been playing Ranch Rush over and over and over for about the last 4-5 months and was hoping to find a new game to play as I eagerly await Ranch Rush 2.

But I was rather disappointed after the trial -- graphics I thought were small (hard to see recipes) -- speed seemed acceptable -- but the number of clicks to set up the actions to be completed I thought were very limited. Almost seemed to move to slow at times especially when it should have been hectic. I thought the basic idea of the game was good but just not enough follow through to make them stand out.

waiting on Ranch Rush 2 ..........

Go to: