bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for Elven Mists 2

[Post New]by bfgErie on Aug 21, 08 10:18 PM
Hiya Grumpy1123. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Elven Mists 2. Some of the levels in this game are can be very challenging. I do have some answers to your questions.

What did you mean about power-ups and mana? I don't see any power ups. Once in a while some gold coins are tossed onto the board, but they don't help anything!
What are the 2 round gold circles in the lower right hand side?

The two round gold circles in the lower right hand side are actually the power-ups. You'll notice that as you clear pieces on the board, they fill up with energy or "mana". Once one of round gold circles gets completely filled, you earn a power-up. What happens next is that instead of getting the usual colored tiles, you'll get something else, like a bomb or a tile that matches whatever colored piece you set it next to.

Is there any way to know how much time is left, other than that awful sound?

Along the left side of the board is the timer. It's a long vine and as time ticks by, the vine gets shorter and shorter. Once the vine reaches the end, time is up.

Are the walls indestructable? I thought there was a level where they dissapeared if you surrounded them with the same color. Maybe these are a different kind.??

Some walls are indestructible and some aren't. There are wooden walls that look like tree stumps that are cleared by creating matches near them. Then there are the walls that look like grey square stones with cracks in them. These can be destroyed by detonating bombs near them. The bombs are blue and black discs and can be triggered by creating a match over them. You have to place a tile on the same square that the bomb is on and then clear that tile by creating a path to two energy flowers. There are also another set of walls that look kinda like silver metal posts. These walls cannot be destroyed at all.

I hope this helps!

Edited on 08/21/2008 at 10:19:30 PM PST

[Post New]by Anonymous on Aug 21, 08 11:45 PM
I really thought I would like this game but Lo'and behold I'm am stuck on a level and keep running out of time. I've played this level countless times and am now wishing I hadn't bought the game. Why can't they have a untimed mode. All I see is story mode and timed mode but they are both TIMED. I think the game makers should have added a relax mode on this game. I guess I'll uninstall it. Didn't know it would be so aggravating during demo. Hope everyone else has better luck

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Aug 28, 08 4:15 PM
Anonymous wrote:I really thought I would like this game but Lo'and behold I'm am stuck on a level and keep running out of time. I've played this level countless times and am now wishing I hadn't bought the game. Why can't they have a untimed mode. All I see is story mode and timed mode but they are both TIMED. I think the game makers should have added a relax mode on this game. I guess I'll uninstall it. Didn't know it would be so aggravating during demo. Hope everyone else has better luck

That wouldn't be level 137, would it? I've played that one at least a hundred times over the past several days and still can't beat it. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

grumpy1123
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by grumpy1123 on Aug 28, 08 8:58 PM
Is there any chance that you could add an untimed mode to this game like you are going to do for the 2nd Azada? It sure would be appreciated!!

Grumpy1123

[Post New]by bergie1 on Sep 4, 08 7:42 PM
I'm stuck on level 40; cannot get rid of the lava blocks. Help?

[Post New]by mommajean5 on Sep 16, 08 1:45 PM
I will say this game has irritated me more than any game I have ever played, I was stuck on level 98 FOREVER, seriously over 2 weeks, then finally I did something right,LOL Now I am stuck on 102 and I see no hope, I hate these consuming black bugs, how can you do anything when they consume faster than you can place??
and this wand does nothing for me, guess I am not doing something right, like I said this is one for the record books as my most hated

etherian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by etherian on Sep 21, 08 7:19 PM
ldecar wrote:sorry, didn't know what I was doing! But I'm stuck on 137 also - anybody get thru this level?

I'm stuck, too. Still no way to finish this level. I'm ready to just uninstall the game.

[Post New]by Nettie25 on Oct 4, 08 6:44 PM
I am stuck on level 98 and can not get though it. what did you do that you finished it?

mymya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mymya on Jun 11, 09 8:37 AM
I am also stuck on 98 or 137/145 whatever it is called... i get down to 4 elvies left and that is as close as I get.. I have tried all the help that has been given... played this level so many times I am ashamed to count... grrrrrr.

[Post New]by Crysatare on Nov 3, 09 9:27 PM
I am also stuck on level 98 and have played it so many times my mouse can do it without me,

HELP please what is the trick? I get down to 4 and can get no more.

Edited on 11/03/2009 at 9:30:00 PM PST

[Post New]by Nico2000nl on Jun 6, 12 1:46 PM
3 problems with this game...

One... There is no way around difficult levels and there are no hints, forum, or what ever to steer you in the right direction. First time I got stuck was level 98. (like many others). I was there for at least a week and then all of a sudden... I got it... What did I do different? Nothing. Just SHEER LUCK the right tiles fell at the right moment.

That's the second problem... You need a **** of luck or you will never finish this game.

Problem three? The producers dont give a **** how frustrating they made this game. They just left all of us to rot in whatever level you get stuck in. They don't post help, they don't answer mails. They are probably enjoying reading all this. Bunch of sick bastards. And the story? pretty gay, if you ask me. (No offence to gay people intended)

Personally I'm done. I have a life and Í have wasted more than enough time on this crap. I'm gonna get a beer an wish all the producers acid reflex till they die.

To everyone still playing... Find yourself a nerd to hack the all their games and distribute the things for free all over the net, hoping this will drive the producers into a merciless bankruptcy. They deserve it.

Have fun, I'm outta here...

Go to: