Technical Issues?

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Technical Issues?

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jun 10, 10 11:18 AM
Hey all you fishes iv had the problem all day and have just updated the graphics driver and hey it works brilliantly and the game is good.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 10, 10 11:43 AM
I have been trying for 2 hours now to download this game . The game just keep relooping once it gets to 100% and never finalizes. Anyone else have this problem? It is very rare that I have a problem downloading a game from BFG.
Thanks for your help.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jun 10, 10 12:08 PM
Poof11 wrote: I have been trying for 2 hours now to download this game . The game just keep relooping once it gets to 100% and never finalizes. Anyone else have this problem? It is very rare that I have a problem downloading a game from BFG.
Thanks for your help.

This is happening to me too, and I have never had a download problem since I got this new computer less than four months ago. It is now downloading for the second time. I will give up after this try---it takes a while for me to download a 200mb game. It's frustrating, for sure!

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 12:10:31 PM PST

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Jun 10, 10 12:14 PM
It appears this is isolated to a few less common video cards. One of the cards identified is a Radeon 9000 series graphics card. We have had about 30,000 downloads so it does work on the vast majority of cards. The developer is working on fixing it for the cards. If you have an issue on your machine please contact customer service and get them to pull a "Dr. Felix" analysis on your machine which will identify your video card so the developer can fix it.

Thanks!

Paul

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 1:15:39 PM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jun 10, 10 12:53 PM
Thank you for the info, picman! I do have an ATI Radeon graphics card, so will just wait to see if the developer releases a fix.

mkinyon
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mkinyon on Jun 10, 10 1:04 PM
This seems to be correct. For instance, some laptops, instead of having a graphics card, have a graphics chip, such as something in the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. My laptop has both that and a card, the ATI Mobility FireGL V5700, and it allows switching from one to the other. I completely forgot that the Intel chip was the selected option in my laptop (for power saving). I switched to the ATI card, and now the game runs fine!

So I guess you can pass on to the developers that the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family is in the list for fixing.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 10, 10 1:04 PM
Hi fishies,

Here is a link to the Dr. Felix that you can send in to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thanks everyone,

bfgTigris

Josib
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Josib on Jun 10, 10 1:43 PM
i played the trial with no problem. bought the game but i was ar the rabbit hole when i rejoined the game and it won't let me gone downstairs so i can't go any further, might as well not have bought it

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jun 10, 10 2:08 PM
Game is not fullscreen with my computer that has Vista and the "options" menu does not help. Have not had this problem before and found that changing the screen resolution does correct this problem. The game runs properly on computer with Windows 7 so I guess I will be playing on this computer as changing the screen resolution just for one game is not worth it. Not sure but I think it has something to do with the video card on my computer that has Vista. Knew I bought two computers for a good reason.

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Jun 10, 10 2:17 PM
Wow, lots of things wrong here.

When I pick up the owl, my curser vanishes. The secret hiding places only show the name of the first item to be found. There is a blank spot on the top left of the picture inside the secret hiding places.

This is really a bummer as I wanted to play through the whole 60 minutes without a glitch. I usually buy the collectors editions, but I think I will have to wait till they fix these errors first.

Lori

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Jun 10, 10 2:43 PM
I am having a resolution issue with the top inch and a half black. I noticed when the game starts it is changing resolution. Mine is set on 1280x1024 and plays all my games perfectly. I went into my resolution and changed it to what the game said it was changing it to, 1440x900. I don't keep it there because then all my icons seem distorted, tall and thin. When I changed it to that I didn't have a black strip at the top but now all the items look tall and thin. I have a 19inch monitor, not HD. Any suggestions? I also unchecked full screen under options but that just made it the small window box, don't like that either.

Zoesgran
Herring
Herring
365 Posts

[Post New]by Zoesgran on Jun 10, 10 2:55 PM
I came to the end of the trial and I decided to buy it, but when I exited the game my monitor screen went black and stayed like that. I had to use the ctrl alt and delete to bring the task manager up to stop the game.

I have a Radeon graphics card but its 64mb not 9000, but I think I will still wait until they get a fix out for it.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Jun 10, 10 2:57 PM
Ditto for me. Game keeps flashing back to you have 60 min. Wish it worked. Hope you get it fixed soon!

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Jun 10, 10 3:28 PM
I am also having issues with the game. I played the "60 minute" trial without any problems, so I purchased the game. When I went back to play, all i get is a normal (windows) cursor and am not able to go down the staircase. I deleted the game and redownloaded it thinking that would solve (maybe) the issue, but it did not help. I sure do hope that BFG gets all these bugs fixed as I hate to think I just threw 20 bucks out the window.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 3:31:43 PM PST

JOACT2050
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JOACT2050 on Jun 10, 10 3:36 PM
same problem here. I ran the try it game no problem, bought full version and i'm stuck at stairs. can't get down.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Jun 10, 10 5:23 PM
As most of the posts have already said,take the time to download and you get a black screen and then back to you have 60mins left to play what a complete waste of time

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jun 10, 10 5:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

Ever since about 6.30am today when we noticed the first posts relating to the problem that some of you are facing with the new Flux game, we have had a team of experienced game testers and Customer Support Representatives on it – trying to reproduce the issue and get a fix! We are communicating constantly with the developer. We understand how frustrating this situation is to you.

Before the launch of this game we completed multiple test passes on multiple machines over a number of weeks – please trust that we take game quality very seriously here at BFG. But sometimes due to the multitude of different hardware, OS, video card configurations, we don’t catch absolutely everything. And as Picman mentioned in a thread earlier – “it does work on the vast majority of cards”.

So for nearly 12 hours now we have been testing the game on all our machines (these have a variety of video card and OS configurations). So far, our research would indicate that running the game with updated drivers for your video cards should significantly reduce the issues that some of you are seeing.

Please check your system for the availability of updated drivers once more. We know that the standard response when a problem is unknown is to upgrade your video card drivers, but in this case, it does really seem to fix the issue.

Click here for info on how to update your video drivers

If the driver update does not resolve the issue, don’t hesitate in clicking the green envelope to contact Customer Support. If you'd like to help us out by running a Dr. Felix, please see the post here.

Since there is a known resolution for this issue, we need to go ahead and lock this thread and direct everyone to the new technical issues thread. Please click here to go directly to that thread.

Thanks everyone,

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 5:55:19 PM PST

Go to: