Welcome to Casebook forum

jpotts459
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Welcome to Casebook forum

[Post New]by jpotts459 on Dec 16, 08 7:52 PM
I didn't get that error. I just found it really hard! Does anyone have a walkthrough for Casebook?

[Post New]by ecernan on Dec 18, 08 12:20 PM
I found a very good walkthrough on gameboomers. But with 'intuition' it's not really necessary. And I think this game is supposed to be difficult. I did find it hard, but I really enjoyed that aspect of it. It was like REAL forensics.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Dec 30, 08 3:01 PM
Amakai wrote:Oh Boy .. It seems I've been fortunate and the game installed and ran fine for me (Vista SP1) Anyway, I was a little disappointed in the length of the game and completed it in a few short hours, but was fun all the same.

For those who are unable to move on in the game itself .. firstly go to the crime scene and press and hold letter i on the keyboard, if a triangle does not pop up and does not show you a new bit of evidence to photgraph then it means you have all the photographic evidence you need for that crime-scene. Go back to the van and look at your evidence file, click on each photo one by one and match it with each and every photo that highlights .. it's a little time consuming but missing just one photo link will hold up the rest of the game, do this for all until the guy speaks and tells you to go to a new place.

Good Luck.

Thank you! I'll try that......Tried it, but when I point the camera at the area where the triangle pops up, I don't get the viewfinder "squares" so can't save the photo. I really think I've already collected all the photos. It sure would help if there were more Options in the Options so we could window the game, so we could go back and forth from the game to the forum without having to quit the game every time.

jpotts459
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jpotts459 on Jan 4, 09 3:46 PM
pnk96722 - you can always press alt + tab at the same time, which will minimise the screen for you! that way you don't have to quit - it might take a second, but it'd still be faster.

suzybank
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by suzybank on Jan 13, 09 2:53 PM
Hi everyone! I played through casebook and really liked it. But I wanted to know - where has Burton acted before? I KNOW I've seen him somewhere but can't find anyone who know's what he's acted in ...

Anyone here know?

deliag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by deliag on Jan 15, 09 5:54 PM
suzybank wrote:Hi everyone! I played through casebook and really liked it. But I wanted to know - where has Burton acted before? I KNOW I've seen him somewhere but can't find anyone who know's what he's acted in ...

Anyone here know?

I think maybe I saw him in a music video once. Maybe a Jack Johnson one? But otherwise, I don't know.

[Post New]by ChloeReynolds on Jan 21, 09 12:24 PM
Need some help. I downloaded this game onto my moms computer and I keep getting the message that I need DirectX and Shader 2.0. I have the DirectX but what is Shader and how do I fix it once that's done?

Edited on 01/28/2009 at 8:00:22 AM PST

[Post New]by aliceven on Jan 26, 09 1:24 PM
I'm pretty sure you mean 'Shader' Chloe ... try doing a google search for direct x shader 2.0 ... failing that, i think it might be a thing with your graphics card ... apparently there's a version of Casebook coming that works with other cards, too, so if you wait, maybe you can download that one? it won't cost you anything!

[Post New]by nikkimote on Feb 2, 09 11:18 AM
can anyone help me please??? I am only at the very first bit collecting all the samples in the bedroom and i was just wandering is there any trick to splitting the hair fibres??? Or do you just click anywhere in the screen and hope you get it cos i can't seem to do it all the time and have spent ages on one hair trying to split it!!! Anyway help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Nikki x

Casebook help needed......

[Post New]by vbplayer49 on Feb 24, 09 10:23 AM
I just downloaded this game and get an error the first time I go to the van after taking the picture of the muddy footprint. I have rfeinstalled and it still happens in the exact same spot. Any ideas? The error references something like unable to view stored info from 000:000000000 file. Does that mean anything to anyone?

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on May 24, 09 7:49 PM
this may not be the right place for this but it is about casebook does anyone know or has there been word about getting casebook 2 yet there is a 3 but it is not available yet according to the casebook game website I really enjoyed this game and would like to play 2 if bigfish was to get it thank you

HELP !!!

[Post New]by GabrielK on Jun 16, 09 7:53 AM
Experienced the same Problem as vbplayer49, could anyone please help us ?

[Post New]by forensicnut on Jan 2, 11 5:12 PM
bfgErie wrote:We are still working with the developer of Casebook to see if we can get a fix for the errors many folks are experiencing. I do not have any information as to when this new version of the game will be available. I would recommend contacting our Customer Support if you would like to request a replacement game.

As many folks have pointed out, we no longer offer Casebook for sale on our website. Once we have a new version of the game, we may offer it for sale again. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience while we get this problem corrected.

You can contact our support team by clicking <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com>here</a> or by clicking on the "Need Tech Support" link at the right of this page.

bfgErie

I'm also having problems........I've bought what I thought was the updated version, it is after all January 2011 and the original problems started occurring in Oct 2010. The error message came up on Installing 'DirectX and Shade must be installed to play this game'. I have the latest version of Direct X but now I need Shade?? Where do I go to get it??? BF don't have it!

I have to say lately I've been having all sorts of issues with lots of different games. Please don't insult me by telling me my systems at fault. I've been buying BF Games for years it's only recently I've been faced with graphics and install probs.

I'd like a replacement game........

Edited on 01/02/2011 at 5:21:21 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Mar 18, 11 6:39 PM
Just finished the game. I liked the concept, the mix of real video footage, great acting and interesting storyline. Except for all the problems the game had (and for a 2 years I couldn't play it, I guess all the 'fixes' finally work; the game was pretty good.

Go to: