Louky
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Louky on Jun 12, 10 7:00 AM
I like this game also but i am already stuck trying to find the contact lens case .
but i will keep looking.

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Jun 12, 10 7:05 AM
bribling wrote:OK, I did the Demo, I think, I reached a point where i could go no further. Did not play an hour but maybe I finiahed the Demo anyway (sometimes happens where there is a separate Demo).Despite the tiny objects in dark spaces, I used a coupon and am waiting for the second DL. I suppose I may have to start over.

Regarding the CE. This had the feel of a CE. A large game with extra play that is unlocked after you find the clovers. maybe they considered a CE and then decided not to do it. That might explain the Demo vers.

I thought the next game in this series was supposed to be "The Raven"? Must be having memory failure. Anyway, it seems to be a good game. I loved the first two Poe games!

katie546
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by katie546 on Jun 12, 10 7:07 AM
The first TWO Poe games? I only know about the Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy and this one. Is there another one and if so, what is the name of the other one? Thanks! katie

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 7:08:50 AM PST

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Jun 12, 10 7:26 AM
by govegril on June 12, 12:32 AM
Keziah000 wrote:
OK... so why is this not a CE?

I was wondering, perhaps the developer chose to keep the CE exclusive to their site - or maybe they cancelled the CE?

Well I for one am glad it's not

It's not showing up on the developer's site? As I haven't demo'd but have been eagerly awaiting this game, is it possible it was released to BFG too early?

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Jun 12, 10 7:32 AM
This looks like a good game. I guess this is the second part to the Edgar Allan Poe game. I enjoyed that game, so I might buy this one if I havw enough money.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Jun 12, 10 7:37 AM
I've just finished playing the demo and love the game.

This is a definite buy for me....

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jun 12, 10 7:54 AM
katie546 wrote:The first TWO Poe games? I only know about the Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy and this one. Is there another one and if so, what is the name of the other one? Thanks! katie

Along with Katie, I only know of the two games. Please someone, if there is a third game (2nd Poe) please let us know. Thanks,

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on Jun 12, 10 7:59 AM
I think the third game being referred to is: Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue. It's not a part of this series, but it has a common theme.

I'm buying this and letting y'all know my thoughts later

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jun 12, 10 8:32 AM
What a pleasant surprise! According to Margie, it was for BF as well. If BF knew in advance we were gonna get this game, Mudrock would have mentioned it. I bought this within 10 minutes of the demo. I didn't even want to wait that long! I just wanted to make sure everything was working okay first.

Graphics - Awesome
Music - Appropriate
Atmosphere - Totally spooky.

Thank you !!! Here I am...just loving it!

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 12, 10 9:27 AM
goofyduck77 I am glad that you are lost to I have so many items and dont know what to do with items.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Jun 12, 10 9:27 AM
goofyduck77 I am glad that you are lost to I have so many items and dont know what to do with items.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 12, 10 11:23 AM
If you are contemplating buying this without doing the demo, one word: DON'T!!

I cannot get the game to run on my computer, either. It is doing exactly what Eden's Quest did. I get an error message that I have an "app crash", and I can't get rid of the open game without shutting down the computer. Task manager does NOT indicate that the game is running, but the BFG games manager says it is.

In the case of Eden's Quest, they never did get the game to run for me, though they were nice enough to give me a credit for my trouble. But isn't it funny that when the game was released at other sites, I was able to download and play (and buy, of course) it without a glitch?

I have a 6 month old motherboard in my computer. I keep my updates in order. I have an AMD 64 6000+ 2x processor running at 3 Ghz, 3 Gigs of RAM, and an nVidia GForce 7025/nForce 630 GPU, all of which far exceeds the specs given for the game. And I'm running Vista, not Win 7.

Right now I can't decide whether to struggle with it, or just wait for it to come out at a site where I have no game manager/download problems. It's not like I don't have plenty of other games to play, LOL.

The one thing I will say, I'm grateful that at least one good IHOG has come out as a standard game. Guess they decided 2 CEs in one week wouldn't fly very well, LOL.

happyme76
Catfish
Catfish
1,619 Posts

[Post New]by happyme76 on Jun 12, 10 11:28 PM
I played the demo tonight, and fell in love with it!! And of course had to buy it! I had no problems at all playing or downloading. I jumped a few times while playing the demo! Beautiful graphics, great storyline, music and sound effects! I like that there is no timer so you can take your time figuring out what to do next or finding the objects. I did use one hint at the very beginning because silly me forgot to look in/behind objects to find the "hidden object". The game is making me think but not the point that I have steam coming out of my ears! Lol!
Thank you Big Fish and game developers for an awesome game!!!

blm50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by blm50 on Jun 13, 10 2:44 PM
Just finished the game and I love it!.....Of course I got so involed in the game I forgot to look for the clovers . Guess I'll have to play it again.......

CTEnsley
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CTEnsley on Jun 13, 10 10:58 PM
I also want to say that the service people at BFG are really great. I have had a few technical problems and have always received courteous help. And I too have received a credit for another game if they couldn't solve my problem. I couldn't be more pleased with this group of people. I love BFG.

Hidden Easter Egg in Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by darwinnewton on Jun 13, 10 11:18 PM
--------- SPOILER ---------

Can anyone tell me how to get the Easter Egg at so-and-so's grave?

[Post New]by beloro2 on Jun 14, 10 9:03 AM
Love the game!!!! I am stuck right now and have no idea what to do. I am in the Judges house and can't figure out what to do with the books or anything else as far as that goes. I found the door know and the articles in the room to the right. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

[Post New]by Sherrie55 on Jun 14, 10 10:39 AM
Help!! I can't get shovel together, where is the bottom, I have searched for ages. Thanks. Sherrie

[Post New]by Weirdwolf1 on Jun 15, 10 9:54 AM
Can someone help me please. I'm in the cave and have used the drill. The grindstone seems to be next, but it says it doesn't work at this time. Just to complicate things, I am blocked from going elsewhere to look for whatever I'm missing.

Help

[Post New]by sarahstroud on Jul 7, 10 12:16 PM
Please help me find the examining room on the left when you enter the inn. I talked to all the ghosts, found the two clovers and nothing happens. Susan

Go to: