Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 12, 10 5:49 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. I bought it after only 30 minutes playing the demo. The game seems harder than what it really is. You just have to think harder than you think you can.The puzzles where great and a bit challenging. I felt I got my moneys worth since it was a good length (5 1/2 hours) and was challenging.
I only got a annoyed with the game a couple times. At one point the game told me I did not have the right inventory to solve a problem but it turns out that I did have it. Also in the very beginning it was a bit touchy about when you use the bold cutters.
Also I would like to add that I left all the volume levels alone for this game. This has been one of the few games where I did not find the music annoying.
The only thing that could have made this game better in my opinion is voice acting.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 12, 10 6:14 PM
Really like this game. Nice and spooky. Think I missed a few glovers though. Not finished playing yet, but may have to re-play just to get the Glovers.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jun 12, 10 6:32 PM
I finished the game and my opinion of the game is still as high as when I finished the demo. It is a quality game from beginning to end.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 6:33:05 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Jun 12, 10 8:33 PM
BRAVISSIMO! I so look forward to the next in the Midnight Mysteries series!! These games are developed so very well! Wish there were alot more like them. Thanks for such a great gaming experience (yet again).

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jun 12, 10 9:36 PM
Very pretty, but very tough, and the hints don't offer explanations of what to do. For example, I got stuck on the train. You have to find a code on a piece of paper. First you must find a way to make the code visible. Then you must decrypt the code. I did both of those things...and then found nowhere to enter or use the stupid thing. So I spent a lot of time racing around trying to find a place to use it or, failing that, trying to get off the train. Neither was possible.

I ended up stopping twenty minutes early out of sheer frustration.

This, combined with the limited hints available--yeah, I won't be buying this one.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 12, 10 10:26 PM
After 15 mins of play, I'm buying! What an intriguing, interesting, clever game. Excellent graphics and enough mix of hidden objects and challenges to keep it interesting.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jun 12, 10 11:25 PM
I loved the first one and was pretty sure I'd get this one. All the reviews have just made me that much more sure that this will be a winner! Thank you for the reviews.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jun 13, 10 12:04 AM
I gave raving reviews for this game earlier, but now I'm so frustrated that I almost wish I hadn't bought it! I am stuck and WILL NOT pay 7 bucks for a silly strategy guide to find 1 single thing 80% through the game!

BF could have, had they wanted, typed out the walkthru and done so in very little time and posted it. In my opinion, and it's just an opinion, they are waiting to see if frustrated players like me will spend another 7 bucks on strategy guide. Well, this player, for one, WILL NOT!

I haven't changed my mind about loving the game, but, at this point, I've basically lost interest! GEE

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 13, 10 12:49 AM
Love this game. Yes the scenes are dark but so far nothing is so small that i could not find what I needed. and that is saying something with these old eyes. In some scenes i forgot to look for the clover. The graphics are wonderful and clear. As for this being a CE, the main reason I buy CEs are for the Stratagy Guide, and so far it has not been needed. Do not forget to find the Crows in the scenes as that is how you increase the amount of hints you have. I have only used 1 so far. Tnere does not seem to be a penalty for over clicking. Again, I have not tested for that. I do like that if I am not sure what an object looks like, I can click on the item and the shape will show in the lantern under the Crow.

This is a definate buy for me and I look forward to several hours of enjoyment and play.

Thanks BF for again providing a great game.

pat

leapfrogs
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by leapfrogs on Jun 13, 10 2:58 AM
I can't get the game to run either. It says
Error:access violation at 0x76F7C23C (tried to read from 0x0000000), program terminated. then it closes

[Post New]by SatinEssence on Jun 13, 10 5:29 AM
I bought this game without trying the demo because I knew it would be good!! This is the second in the series I've purchased. I love, love, love the spooky games!!
We had a mean thunder and lightening storm last night on the east coast, and the rain was coming down in sheets, it so added to the fun of the game. I cracked my window to smell the ocean, bundled up under my blankets with laptop and had a good old time playing this spooky game. Loved everything about it.....glad I purchased. It was so worth the . The graphics, sound effects and the scary surprises were a real treat!!! You could tell they took their time to make this game, the quality was A+ in my opinion. So glad that they didn't ask us to pay CE price for this game.
Please give us more games like this one!!!
Hope everyone is doing well*

Hugs n' Luv

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jun 13, 10 5:53 AM
I too am shocked that this is not a CE, but no complaints! It is certainly worthy of it though. I had no problem collecting ravens and always had more hints than needed. The hints, however, are limited and really only seem to help with the placement of inventory items. The journal is extremely helpful and you must remember to read it frequently.

[Post New]by rockywalleye on Jun 13, 10 5:53 AM
Just finished it! Fun game. Great graphics. Loved the spooky ghosts!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jun 13, 10 5:59 AM
I was in love with this game before I bought it... I loved the "scare" in the beginning and the spookiness.. of course the the theme was interesting to me lol.. but I have had more problems with this game then I ever have with any before. Restarting for the 3rd time. NOT fun to have to do so. The graphics and story are very good though, so I'll try again. It does feel and play more like a CE.. would be an excellent quality game if they fixed a few bugs.

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 6:00:17 AM PST

Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 13, 10 6:26 AM
It was a no brainer as to whether or not you were going to buy this one. Especially since they let us have it for only $6.99 and didn't make us buy a collector's edition. Too bad they did not include the strategy guide inside the game though. The one thing I have the most trouble with is finding those shamrocks. Sometimes they are there and other times you really have to look for them.

This is a great game with lots of challenges except when you have completed the game and know where everything is.

I really dislike the mini games. None of them made a bit of sense as to what you were suppose to do and if it were not for the skips, I would not have completed the game. I'm not a big mini game lover. But I will do them if there is any logic to them.

Overall, you will enjoy this game and it is certainly a buy.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 13, 10 7:55 AM
Fantastic game! 100% right up my alley. Makes you think a lot, and backtrack some, and poke and prod around to find what to do next, but it is never frustrating and what satisfaction when you are able to proceed! I didn't use walkthrough or hints - I found that the journal was sufficiently helpful when I felt "stuck", so it was hours of fun, interesting gameplay to plod my way through. I really liked that there were not so many locations that I was continually getting "lost" - it was relatively easy to get back to different locations I wanted/needed to revisit.

For me, there will be great replay value after a month or two hiatus - somehow I missed 9 clovers and I was so wrapped up in the gameplay that I kind of got confused in the great story - will pay closer attention to the storyline next time! Wonderful, wonderful...

I like the MM: Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy but they have vastly improved every aspect in this installment and I totally cannot wait until the next one. I hope they don't change a thing regarding the format type of the game and the near perfect mix of Hidden object, Interactive aspects and adventure type play. Huge Kudos and thank you's to the developers who invested so much time, thought and effort into this game and then offered this gem as a regular priced game! I love you for that and appreciate it !!!

P.S. - I love, love, love it when a game lets you amass inventory items and figure out. on your own, without a bunch of hints or nudging!!, how, where and when to use these items. This game was perfect in that regard too. Plus I liked the method in this game of combining items to use.

Edited on 06/13/2010 at 8:02:03 AM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jun 13, 10 7:58 AM
OK , I did buy the game with a credit , I 'm not getting the great vibes from this one ,,& I don't think it's the spirits ..Not to sure what it is ? But not what I expected , but since I am as hungry as everyone else in the pond ...I guess you can't look a gift horse in the mouth,,With the price being in my pocket , & subject being interesting ...Sure hope it gets better ???? By the way when did this game arrive , cause in my world ,,,this game was not here yesterday & there is no way this got that much of a stir since this morning , ..or am I having a Deja Vu ,

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 13, 10 8:47 AM
OLDBAY wrote:OK , I did buy the game with a credit , I 'm not getting the great vibes from this one ,,& I don't think it's the spirits ..Not to sure what it is ? But not what I expected , but since I am as hungry as everyone else in the pond ...I guess you can't look a gift horse in the mouth,,With the price being in my pocket , & subject being interesting ...Sure hope it gets better ???? By the way when did this game arrive , cause in my world ,,,this game was not here yesterday & there is no way this got that much of a stir since this morning , ..or am I having a Deja Vu ,
The game, as far as I know, arrived yesterday. Discovered it in my daily BFG mail. Played 10 minutes of the demo and bought it. Haven't played it yet, 2 other games were waiting for "mon bon plaisir" !!!

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Jun 13, 10 10:18 AM
Just played the game, and I really loved it. The only thing is that it was way too short. The first Midnight Mystery was at least a bit longer, and it was split into three different areas. One thing that did surprise me is that The Scarlett Letter didn't get mentioned in the game. I know the storyline is based mostly on The House of the Seven Gables and some actual historical persons from the Salem Witch Trials, but still. The former is Hawthorne's most recognized work, and it's set in more or less the same time period.

Anyway, I think this game would have really worked as a CE, if only they had made it a little bit longer.It's a good game, and I think they could have done some interesting things in a CE, which perhaps would be better than the ones they have released lately.

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on Jun 13, 10 10:20 AM
Super fantastic game. I really liked the first one, and love this one. 30 minutes of the demo flew by. LizzieK said it all so I won't add to it other than to say how good it is.

Go to: