Re:Burger Bustle Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by afanasey85 on Jun 15, 10 4:02 AM
Wild West level 6

For this level most important thing is the speed of service, be sure to use ketchup. To complete a level and get the gold cup you should save money to buy the stove and primarily just buy a stove for a hamburger, save as much money – to buy a stove for chikenburger, the latter buy the stove for fishburger. Buying a stove should be immediately and in given order, as soon as enough money, or a client may request the wrong burger.

Edited on 06/15/2010 at 6:51:14 AM PST

djjeny
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by djjeny on Jun 15, 10 4:06 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:On another note, people seem to be awfully harsh in terms of the bug that prevents them from getting gold....... for people to get fet up and say they are not going to buy the game is a bit extreme, especially when it's an exclusive and the problem will be fixed...

When exclusive HOGs are released with bugs, people still buy them, or wait for the fix and then buy them....

Yep, exactly. Which is what I'm going to do!

afanasey85 thanks for the walkthrough link. Shame they didn't cover every level, as some of the earlier ones are difficult to 'gold trophy' (not due to difficulty, but due to the aforementioned 'luck bug').

Angel61400 wrote:Maybe I will buy the game, maybe not. What I find annoying is that they wanted people to beta it, then ignored the responses. Instead of being so quick to put the game out, maybe they should have fixed the issues that had been pointed out to them. It makes it seem like they didn't care about the quality of the game. If they did it right the first time and listened to beta comments, they wouldn't have to fix problems with a game that has already been released. Instead, they could put out a quality game the first time around that doesn't need such obvious fixes.

*applause* Couldn't have put it better myself.

krasniikot wrote:It has so much potential if certain levels were at all attainable for the gold. That's why I love the Farm Frenzy games so much; gold on every level is possible if you simply keep trying different tactics. I have no problem playing a level over & over but I don't like when levels are clearly not "playing fair".

Yes, I totally agree. I think that this is the crux of people's complaints... the fairness argument. Also, I think that we don't mind if a game is difficult or even challenging and requires a lot of grey matter to work out a good strategy, but having a game that relies on luck and chance... then we don't like it because it's not testing our skills, it's testing absolutely nothing, and so there is no reward in success. I hope Big Fish take on board all these comments from people in terms of this game and also for future releases.

Edited on 06/15/2010 at 4:12:04 AM PST

mizzmm
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
435 Posts

[Post New]by mizzmm on Jun 15, 10 7:15 PM
I already know this game will be a challenge
but that's what i want in a game. i give this
TM game a big

I'm so glad that i purchased it.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jun 16, 10 7:43 AM
General recommendation: Try before you buy if you like TM games, but you might want to make it a daily deal or last punch on your card and the month ends soon.

I played for 45 minutes before it became too difficult for me but I'm not much into TM games like this.

I liked the graphics overall since they were bright and cheerful.

The music was decent and didn't intrude. Other sounds there were irritating such as the customers making random comments upon entering the store. What I would have preferred were comments made when the customer is getting mad like "take your time" in a sarcastic voice which I heard when a customer left. If it had been a little earlier it would have been more useful.

The tipping was annoying because you're too busy with the orders to glance up at the tables on screen. Usually the only reason I saw it was it blinked right as it disappeared.

I did like a couple gameplay features. I really liked how you could have employees at the various stations to do the tasks and that you could re-assign them at will. I also loved the right click to dispatch an order to be wrapped up instead of tediously going back and forth. The going back and forth is why I don't usually care for TM games.

I did have some dislikes. The biggest of course was that you have to play the timed version first presumably until the end before having access to the relaxed mode. I loathes timers with a passion. The second thing was that you couldn't keep the same store and build it up. I'd hire a couple employees and in the next level they'd be gone and the food would be different. This was unrealistic to me. I also didn't like how if you hired an employee you had to wait before hiring another. If I have the money let me do it now.

Overall it wasn't bad, but just not my cup of tea. People into these games might like it more.

[Post New]by majiji on Jun 16, 10 9:35 PM
I am pleasantly surprised with this game. I like it because it's a different challenge every level. The game is seemingly easy but have lots to do - hire and manage employees, make different foods and serve them.
A really enjoyable TM!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 16, 10 10:28 PM
This is a cute little Time Management (TM) game. I liked the fact that it was a little different than the normal games found in this genre. I also liked how each level had a new challenge. However, I found the game play a little less than challenging. One of my all time favorite games is Burger Shop 2 and after being able to finally finish the challenge mode in Big Shop 2 all in gold stars, the slower speed of this game tended to be a little too slow for me. I think for someone just getting started into TM games, someone with a slower computer, or someone who just doesn't want the pressure associated with a lot of TM games, this would be perfect.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Jun 17, 10 6:42 AM
ok, I did buy it in the end.

For those who have the same concerns as I did - namely that it's impossible to get gold on some levels, we may be wrong.

Yes, the first time through, before you get upgrades (from overtaking the other cafes) it is well nigh impossible.

However, having got a load of upgrades, I'm replaying earlier levels and getting gold - not easily, it's still a challenge, but it *is* possible.

Expect to get silver on about half the levels you try at least in the first 3 shops, then go back later on to get gold.

Once I resigned myself to "never" getting gold, I was surprised to find I could actually do it!

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Adjust the time for the levels

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Jun 17, 10 11:07 AM
Hello.

I just found a way to adjust the timesettings for the levels so you can make
levels that you can not pass for gold easier.
It will take some effort and better make a copy of the game just in case you
make a mistake.
I played allready the 1st 20 levels and they all worked fine with the adjusted timesettings.

Go to the map where the game is installed, look for the map data and
then the map properties and then the file levels.

Open this file with for instance wordpad.

You will see a large text with all sort of numbers and figures.

Look for this :

[removed by moderator]

ce3 stands for the time in that particular level, after the first "number" the time is for gold the second for silver.
In this example 160 seconds so that is 2 minutes 40 seconds for gold and 280 seconds is 4 minutes and 40 seconds for silver.
Just replace 160 with 360 and 280 with 500 and you will have 6 minutes for gold and 8 minutes and 20 seconds for silver.

You just have to figure out which level is the right one to adjust or just adjust every level from the beginning.
I believe there are 60 levels so there are 60 lines with these figures, the first time you will see this line with ce3
in it is for the 1st level, the second time you see it is for the 2nd level and so on.

Just save the file when you are finished adjusting.

I am sure there is much more that you can adjust, but this one is allready a great help.

I hope i explained it a little understandable for everyone who is interested.

Good luck and pleasure with playing this great game.

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 2:22:21 PM PST

[Post New]by Bacchus473 on Jun 17, 10 4:10 PM
This is the second TM game I have purchased from BFG Games in the last several months, that I've had trouble with. tasty2, which I later downloaded from another site and have no trouble with, and I've had nothing but trouble with this one. I have purchsed close to 36 games since I joined a few years ago, and I've always been very satisfied. I canceled my membership last week because the games being offered were not the kind I enjoy. I had two credits left over, so I took a chance and purchsed this one BEFORE I read the forum. I think the games offered here are no longer being tested well enough, or maybe my NEW computer with Windows7 and the newest drivers, is the problem. If I have to spend endless hours reading and trying to apply the help section suggestions, waste of my time and money. I really hope that at some time, BFG will offer games that I like that will actually work. Until that time, I won't be rejoining or using my last credit until the day before it expires. I wish I had read the forum BEFORE I used my credit.

Biklar
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Biklar on Jun 17, 10 7:05 PM
I don't have a proper and polished review for now, but overall, I've become very addicted to this game. This makes me glad that when the timed mode of the game is done, there are other modes to look forward to. This give the game high replay value and endurance.

The game has very stimulating and starchy play. The graphics are cute, gameplay-"ergonomic", bold and stylish. This installment keeps me coming back for more and the degree of challenge increases deliciously upon the advancement of each level, making it harder to earn gold cups.

There are a few levels, so far, that almost seem impossible to earn gold medals in. On the WIld West section, level 14 seems simple but there's a point during gameplay where customers continue to order a bounty of sides for a long period until the time to earn a gold cup passes. I'll have to keep going back to this level, as I play, to keep trying to get gold.

One thing I really enjoy about winning awards or trophies is not just earning them but specifically that each awarded trophy comes with a new function or feature for the shop - faster staff, candy and music to calm customers' moods, and so on. It makes me look forward to earning each award and seeing them more than just an inevitable symbolic notch up in the game.

This is a really appealing feature that other time management games should employ in their own distinctive ways.

There's another game that is similar to this one but Burger Bustle did it better, in my opinion. Some of you might have played this one (I still recommend it as it is also fun and quirky); The game is Amelie's Cafe.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 17, 10 10:28 PM
I have a number of pet peeves about this game. I won't repeat them all here BUT one I've not seen anywhere (yet) is sometimes, if you mis-right-click, it cancels ALL your carefully clicked juice/pop/fried stuff ARGH!

its a great game. but buggy.

I bought it cuz it was the same voice actors as in potion bar, (NO bugs there!)
its... aggravating is all.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 17, 10 10:29 PM
tried it, didn't work

AHHH thank you! running to try it now. I give you offerings of ah, fresh burgers and black chocolate ^_^

BoutjeFedankt wrote:Hello.

make a mistake.
I played allready the 1st 20 levels and they all worked fine with the adjusted timesettings.

Look for this :

[removed by moderator]

ce3 stands for the time in that particular level, after the first "number" the time is for gold the second for silver.
In this example 160 seconds so that is 2 minutes 40 seconds for gold and 280 seconds is 4 minutes and 40 seconds for silver.
Just replace 160 with 360 and 280 with 500 and you will have 6 minutes for gold and 8 minutes and 20 seconds for silver.

You just have to figure out which level is the right one to adjust or just adjust every level from the beginning.
I believe there are 60 levels so there are 60 lines with these figures, the first time you will see this line with ce3
in it is for the 1st level, the second time you see it is for the 2nd level and so on.

I am sure there is much more that you can adjust, but this one is allready a great help.

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 2:22:45 PM PST

Biklar
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Biklar on Jun 18, 10 12:57 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:I have a number of pet peeves about this game. I won't repeat them all here BUT one I've not seen anywhere (yet) is sometimes, if you mis-right-click, it cancels ALL your carefully clicked juice/pop/fried stuff ARGH!

its a great game. but buggy.

I bought it cuz it was the same voice actors as in potion bar, (NO bugs there!)
its... aggravating is all.

Oh, so I was right, then. I loved Potion Bar and some of the voices sounded VERY familiar as I played Burger Bustle initially, especially the voice for the black male customer. He sounded the same as the devilish character in Potion Bar. I also recognize other voices, too. Good to see my suspicions are confirmed. Nice.

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Jun 18, 10 9:19 AM
love this game lots of levels. My only problem is some levels aren't reseaonable. I am currently replaying the entire game for the second time to get gold (COD) lol. I have gold on every level except level 28 Winter(ridiculously hard), and level 59 and 60 space station. I keep missing gold by 7 to 10 seconds I think they should add more time to these levels. A few levels I barely made gold I was on the deadline so they can be done. I know Im a great TM player so think they are glitches. Also be careful the wokrers seem to disapear on me sometimes then when I replace another worker at that station they dont fulfill the orders. There seem to be a few glitches I think real TM players should have done beta testing lol they should've fixed these problems really.

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Jun 18, 10 9:31 AM
Really nice game....I adore time management!

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Jun 19, 10 12:31 PM

make a mistake.

Look for this :

[removed by moderator]

Hello, can you please help more as I do love this game & would like to increase the times. I have gone to the files as you say, but the levels file seems to be an excel document and when I adjusted those in excel & saved, it said I had finished the game and wouldn't let me play at all. So I uninstalled the trial and reinstalled and started again which worked out fine, but no time adjustments.

I opened levels excel file up in wordpad but it just shows one line, so I'm really confused. I have gone looking in all the other files but can't find the text you are talking about. Thanks.

Thanks.

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 2:23:09 PM PST

BoutjeFedankt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by BoutjeFedankt on Jun 20, 10 3:26 AM
gailsgame wrote:
Hello, can you please help more as I do love this game & would like to increase the times. I have gone to the files as you say, but the levels file seems to be an excel document and when I adjusted those in excel & saved, it said I had finished the game and wouldn't let me play at all. So I uninstalled the trial and reinstalled and started again which worked out fine, but no time adjustments.

I opened levels excel file up in wordpad but it just shows one line, so I'm really confused. I have gone looking in all the other files but can't find the text you are talking about. Thanks.

Thanks.

Hello.

Maybe it is because you have the trile version and i am talking about the complete version. And i opened the file just with wordpad to make the adjustments and not with excel.

I hope it wordks out good for you,

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Jun 20, 10 4:10 AM
BoutjeFedankt wrote:
gailsgame wrote:

Thanks.

Hello.

Maybe it is because you have the trile version and i am talking about the complete version. And i opened the file just with wordpad to make the adjustments and not with excel.

I hope it wordks out good for you,

Hi, thank you so much for your help. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong file. Could you please give me a better explanation of which file I should be looking for as the one I found I did open with wordpad but it only had one line of text in it. Thank you.

Edit: Thank you I worked it out. It opened in notepad for me, not wordpad. I can see the text you are referring to by searching for the string of text. I will see if I can adjust and play the levels. It's such a great game, so thank you again for your help.

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 9:45:18 AM PST

[Post New]by aindiacw on Jun 21, 10 3:20 PM
Ok first off, I am a TM Junkie. All the "Dash" games, Ranch Rush, Cake Mania etcetc. I have a LOT of TM Games.

This game looked interesting. Yes it is different than most, which makes it more appealing, but honestly by the time I was done with my demo I was bored. It's too easy really, there is no challenge -- and I don't consider unattainable levels a challenge, I call them a waste of time.

Dragging food is obnoxious, dragging employees is obnoxious. I did love the idea of managing the employees tho and the fact they will work in their "group" of stations, that is definitely something I enjoyed. The level goals are often confusing as they are only symbols, if you don't mouse over you don't know what they say. Upgrading is minimal and often something I like about a game, here it was silly and pretty much useless.

It's a good idea for a game, just badly done in my opinion. The bad parts outnumber the good ones and that means it's not a buy for me. For those who like it, enjoy... I'm just not one of them

[Post New]by ChicagoBlue on Jun 23, 10 6:32 PM
I enjoyed the game for a very short time until it started having many, many "glitches". I did not experience this during the demo, but once I purchased it, they appeared and then eventually became worse. In one level where I was required to hire staff, the game locked and would not allow me to perform this task. So, I am stuck at this level because I cannot complete it. When I exited the game, the next time I opened it, all my previous game points were gone! It also froze my computer and I had difficulty shutting down. So, Buyer beware! I did send an e mail to customer support and am waiting for a reply.

Go to: