MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 24, 10 11:49 AM
I just finished the demo and liked this one. I found it to be a weird but a good weird game. Mini games had no instruction but I managed to figure them out quicky so I guess they were easy for me or I was just lucky in doing the right thing. I didn't get motion sickness and the lights didn't bother me. I kinda liked the motion of the plane ride and tunnel of lights which made this different from most.

After playing for about 15 minutes, I realized that you needed to find, what looked like to me, the little blue vials. Not sure what they were for and I probably missed something in the beginning instructing what there purpose was.

I did get annoyed at the two charactors popping in and out. The start was very slooooow when opening the game but other then that I give this one a possible thought of buying. Seems to be a short game so I will most likely wait til it is a Daily Special at $2.99.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Jun 24, 10 7:03 PM
I found it a bit annoying, too, played only 30 minutes of the demo time and quit. It just didn't do anything for me. Some games you play the demo and the hour goes by really fast, not this one for me.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 26, 10 2:07 AM
I played the demo and I thought this game was very different, I liked the bright pictures in the scenes. The people that were popping up got rather annoying after a while, I do have to admit . I decided to pass on this game, like I say different games, different opinions......If you have not played it yet, I would recommend for you to try the demo first. For those fishies that are pleased with this game, Happy Gaming and Have a great weekend !!!

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 2:13:20 AM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 26, 10 10:10 PM
Actually, I found this game pleasantly unique, and although there were some areas that could use a bit of polishing, overall I enjoyed it. The first plane ride isn't a very long scene and the flashing lights just didn't bother me. My only real problem with the game is that it is too short. I got through chapter 4 and started chapter 5 in my demo time. DD and definitely getting it, but not now. I'm learning to be more selective in my game purchasing choices and I don't see a lot of replay value here.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jun 26, 10 11:05 PM
If you skipped the dialogue, you missed the explanation that the "little blue vials" are batteries.

From the Blog Walkthrough:

Some Hidden Object scenes also have bonus batteries in them. Collect these for additional hints in the future.

Robin

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Jun 29, 10 7:38 AM
Meh. Played all the way through, used a free game code on it.

The good:
It is a hidden object game.

The bad:
Seasickness and too-bright lights. As many have mentioned, these are annoying. The screen rocking back and forth, even for someone like me who doesn't experience vertigo, was a little disconcerting. Also, the screen between scenes sometimes fades to a pure white light. The larger one's screen is (and the higher the brightness setting), the more painful this can be. I have a widescreen set to bright. Yikes!

Characters. UGH. There were two characters: a boy and a girl. He seems like a clueless nerd. I love nerds, but he was like a nerd without the accompanying intelligence; ergo, he had no redeeming qualities. Worse was the characterization of the lass I assume was meant to be his girlfriend. Her dialogue was pretty much limited to "Wow! This is incredible! You're the heir to a great mystery!" and "I don't like it here!" and "We'll find your heritage, don't worry!" Basically, she was nothing but moral support. Both of them were just awfully drawn.

The book made little sense, and the purpose of the armor (that's not a spoiler; it's there from the first scene) never came through the game. Is it a spoiler to tell you that there is absolutely nothing to spoil?

Finally, the ending... After establishing a pattern of placing runes on the map and then entering each rune as a **** scene, the final placing of runes triggers a few VERY easy puzzles and the end of the game. It feels as if the player is "cheated" out of six **** scenes. While I can't say I really wanted this game prolonged, it was still annoying.

EDIT: Apparently in my post, I used an unacceptable acronym for "Hidden Object." You can do the math. I left it because I found it funny.

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 7:40:28 AM PST

cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cmcating on Jul 3, 10 11:25 AM
This is the only game I can remember where I looked at my watch at 45 min. and couldn't believe it hadn't already been an hour. Slooow and too much time spent watching or "listening" instead of being able to play. Not even on the 4th of July sale is this one worth it for me.

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Jul 5, 10 8:10 PM
[quote =vicalana]Good point!

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Jul 5, 10 8:12 PM
I totaly agree

Spidercat222
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Spidercat222 on Jul 13, 10 1:18 PM
The seasickness wasn't a problem for me but I agree about the rest. Plus the music is annoyingly repetitive and I hated that huge objects list that ate almost a quarter of my screen. Definitely a no buy for me

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 10:35 PM
The game play was tolerable, but the story-telling is awfully clunky. And one gets the impression the reason they chose to do the full-length bobbing characters merely to show off a scantily clad nice looking girl. I couldn't even force myself to play a full half hour of this game, and would not play it again.

On the positive side, the method of showing what hidden objects to search for was a nice change, and the hint method was interesting. Not enough to keep my interest though.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 27, 11 11:21 AM
I just tried this again for the second time. It is so grainy and hard to see. I know why I didn't like it the first time I tried it. I lasted 10 minutes the first time and about the same the 2nd.

Go to: