Valentine's Day Event 2018

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

Re:Valentine's Day Event 2018

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 24, 18 6:43 AM
Day 15 has arrived. There is only ONE MORE DAY (after today) left in the Event. There are 3 quests today. We open the last mini scene at the Botanica Al Fresco, Maine. That will make all the scenes at Captain Matthew's Yacht & the Botanica Al Fresco open.

Day 15 ..............Feb 25th.

Q. 25
- Find the corn kernels for the chicken.
- Get past the chicken to see the vertical garden.

This quest was ticked as completed due to having completed the Event before.

For those players that have not done this Event/ quest before, the corn kernels can be found in the Carnival, Salina, Kansas. There are no collectables on the reward bar. So just do the HOS & move to the next task.

At the Botanica Al Fresco, Maine, place the corn kernels on the chicken perched on the pole. The last mini scene is open.

I collected the reward but the heart icon remained so I progressed to Q. 26.

Time to find something to wear.

Q. 26.
- Find the Groom's Coat.
- Find the Night Gown.

The above are not Event collectables but can found as part of the regular game collections.
The quest for the Groom's Coat sends you to the Red Mine, Elko, Nevada. It can also be found at the Carnival, Salina, Kansas but I do not know if that option will complete this quest as I did not try it. There are no collectables on the reward bar. I was at guru level for the Red Mine & I was in Fast Shopper mode. The Groom's Coat dropped. I moved to the next task.

The Night Gown can be found at the Doll Shop, Rapid City, South Dakota. In my game, there were 2 Night Gowns on the reward bar. When I did the HOS both Night Gowns dropped. I am at guru level for this location & I was in Picky Shopper mode.

I collected the reward. The heart icon remained. There was another quest to do.

Q. 27.
- Get the Heart Banners for Dinhammer Alley.
- Get the heart balloons for Dinhammer Alley.

The Heart Banners cost 9,999 coins. The Heart Balloons cost 9,999 coins. I had erected mine earlier in the Event so this quest was ticked.

ONLY 2 more quests to go. Hope you are finalizing all your collections.

Dot

Heads up for the LAST DAY OF THE EVENT: The last LIMITED COLLECTABLE - Letter in a Bottle - will be found on Captain Matthew's Yacht.

[Post New]by wcard21 on Feb 24, 18 9:13 PM
Can I still do the other quests without completing the night gown quest? I can't complete most quests in that location due to a missing microscope. Had tried to work around it before and got stuck on the Christmas quests.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 24, 18 10:22 PM
Hi wcard21. WELCOME to the forum.

You will be able to complete the first quest of the day as the Night Gown is in the second quest.
When you do the first quest, you will open the last mini scene at the Restaurant.
Unfortunately if you can't complete the second quest, the third quest will not appear as the trigger for it is collecting the reward for the second quest. That means that you will not complete all the Valentine Quests so will not get the reward of chocolates.

I am NOT sure what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully the quests for that day will appear, including the quest for the LIMITED COLLECTABLE - Letter in a Bottle.

If you have turned in or will turn in at least 4 completed Event collections (the same collection or different ones) then you are still eligible for the 40 gold bars. NOTE: The collections MUST be turned in before the end of the Event to count.

Dot

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 25, 18 7:13 AM
It is the LAST DAY of the Valentine's Day Event 2018. There are 2 quests today - including a LIMITED COLLECTABLE - Letter in a Bottle.

Day 16 ..........Feb 26th.

It is time for the Charity Ball.

Q. 28. Attend the Charity Ball at the Botanica Al Fresco Restaurant.

I am at guru level for this location. I was in Picky Shopper mode. There are 3 collectables on the reward bar - Week by Week (love letter), Polka-a-dot (card) and Tree of Hearts (card). All 3 collectables dropped when I did the HOS.

I collected the reward but the heart icon remained. So I continued to the last quest of the Event.

Q 29
- Find Letter in a Bottle.
- Find the Happy Ending (love letter).
- Complete the Love Letters Set.

The Letter in a Bottle is a LIMITED COLLECTABLE. It can be found on board Captain Matthew's Yacht. I did this task first. As there were other tasks still open, I was able to keep going to the Yacht until I collected as many of the LIMITED COLLECTABLE as I wanted. There were 4 collectables on the reward bar. Three of the collectables - Carnations, Tulips & Letter in a Bottle fell each time I did the HOS. The Pink Roses did not drop on one occasion. I started in Picture mode. I am at guru level in this location.

The Happy Ending can be found at the Hunting Lodge Ketchum, Idaho. The Happy Ending was the only Event collectable on the reward bar. I am at guru level. I was in Fast Shopper mode. The collectable dropped.

As I have done this Event before, the third task was ticked as completed.

I collected the reward. The heart icon disappeared.
An Achievement Banner appeared. The reward for "Completing 29 Valentine's Day special quests" is chocolates. I collected my reward.

Fatima disappeared. The quest part of the Event was over. Later today I will complete a couple more collections & then I will finished the Valentine's Day Event for 2018. Hope you all enjoyed the Event. See you next Event.

Dot

REMEMBER to turn in at least 4 collections before the Event ends if you want to claim the 40 gold bars reward.

[Post New]by breezekafkamia on Feb 25, 18 2:15 PM
In wcard21's situation, would it be possible to complete the quest by purchasing the nightgown through the collections instead of playing the HOS?

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 25, 18 3:22 PM
Hi breezekafkamia

I thought of that solution but I don't know if it would work. I do know that I had 19 Night Gowns sitting in my inventory - not yet turned into the Vintage Clothing collection. They did not count for the quest as the quest is "FIND the Nightgown".

I also went through all the cities & the mini games to check what was on the reward bar of each. The Night Gown only appeared on the reward bar in the Doll Shop. That makes it difficult.

Sorry I am not of more assistance.

Dot

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 25, 18 4:37 PM
It sounds like wcard21 may have encountered the glitch if the Microscope is missing. Could it be like the gloves for Margaret's House. If this is the case, then they will never be able to complete the Valentine Event.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Feb 26, 18 6:46 AM
Happy to have finished this Valentine's Day event 2018. I really enjoyed it and look forward to Spring. In the meantime, until then, I'll be working on the missing paintings quest and continue building up my max energy.

Thank you aussie Dot for your Event reporting . It has been helpful

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Feb 26, 18 11:49 AM
Thank you Aussie_Dot for your help.

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Feb 26, 18 6:11 PM
Where in the forum would I post my problem with the Valentine's Day Event? I had the problem last night on my laptop where the computer would quit while i was doing a quest for the event and then when I was able to get back in for the first few times I got back into the quest but then think it was the third time i did not get back into the event quest and today and went to the next and showed that I only did 27 out of 29 quests.

So what I was wondering is there a way I can do something about it or just miss out on the last two quests and the achievement for completing a quest?
Thanks all.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 26, 18 8:14 PM
Hi mistybear

I strongly suspect that when you lost your internet connection last night the quests (although you had done them) DID NOT SAVE. You have lost 2 quests & they can not be retrieved. You miss out on the achievement for completing all the quests in the Valentine"s Day Event. I am sorry. I wish there was something constructive I could offer but you will have to wait until next year to do the Event again & hope you complete it all then.

All I can say is I hope you have turned in at least 4 collections & collected the 40 gold bars. They did not have to be one of each of the Event collections. I turned in 4 Flower Bouquet collections & got the reward. That reward is worth the effort.

Take care.
Dot

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Feb 27, 18 8:15 AM
Hi Dot,

Thanks. Yes I did at least manage to collect the 40 gold bars, so guess it was not a total bust. Just disappointed is all. I am going to try and play the game on my desktop now to try and prevent this from happening again. (unlike midnight castle, can not figure out how to get the data from game onto desktop and they don't have an option in that game for an account like this one does)

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 27, 18 2:14 PM
Hi mistybear,

Playing on a desktop will not stop the problem with the internet connection dropping. It seems to be peculiar to this game and happens at intermittent times. The best solution is to give out keys or send a message to a friend just before logging out. This is not always guaranteed to work but is the only option really available.

If you linked your game to an email address(given in the options) you should be able to move it from a laptop to the desk top (as long as you remember all the details you provided)

I feel that this problem will get worse as the game is no longer being updated and I don't know if the servers for it are being maintained. Not a great hand at computers myself but I do know that servers need regular maintenance.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 27, 18 3:19 PM
Hi mistybear

I know this is an ART forum but in regards to the game MC (Midnight Castle), to transfer your game from one device (eg a laptop) to another (eg a desktop) it is possible - using the Customer Service technicians. But they must be on the same platform - laptop to desktop; both are PC. It can not be transferred from a PC to a Kindle or iPad as these are different platforms.

You need to do several things.

- Make a list (on paper) of all your friends & their game id numbers. This is because when the technicians transfer your game they can not transfer the social page so you lose your friends.

- Open a new game. NOTE: the game ID. You can play a few levels but do not go far as everything will be lost when the technicians transfer your old game to the new id.

- Contact Customer Support giving them your old ID & your new ID & explaining that you need to transfer your game to a new device. Please answer ALL emails even the automated ones as these keep you in the queue for assistance.

- Depending on how many players are in the queue for assistance, the transfer does not take long. That is because the technicians do not have to go searching for your data with a transfer of games. Trying to restore lost data is much more difficult. Above all else, be patient.

- Make sure to re-invite your friends to the new game. Put a message on your old game avatar - saying something like 'new ID #' so your friends know that you now play under a new ID. On your new game say something like 'delete old ID #'.

I know this may appear a tedious method but it is all that is available at the present time.

Good luck.

Dot

GoodOldBob
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by GoodOldBob on Apr 30, 18 9:06 AM
bumped for the future

Go to: