Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ilarien on Jul 29, 10 5:03 AM
Hi,

I purchased two games: Elixir of Immortality and Salem Witch Trials the other day.. while the first runs without any problems .. the second doesn't save!

I tried re-downloading the game and installing it again but it doesn't solve the issue. It doesn't save my player.. The list is always empty and I can only create a new one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Ooch
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ooch on Jul 30, 10 5:23 AM
Okay here's a good one for you. . . This happened just today the 30th of July 2010. . . .

I get a Lua error when I try to fill the pen at the very begignning of the game. I'm no technical expert and do not understand the written:

MM2Engine/Thread.lua51:MM2Engine/Traits/MM2UserInout.lua:154:attempttocallmethod'ShedTools'(anilvalue)

It meansnothing to me. All I tried to do is take the pen and fill it from the inkpot. I'vedone an uninstall/install and get the same thing. I've tried three times and nothing but lock up.

If this doesn't get fixedd I'd like my money back! No sense in paying for a game I can't play. . .

[Post New]by postal_nana on Aug 2, 10 8:09 PM
game played great second time of starting it until the dreaded lua error and complete lock up. after repeated attempts got task manager up and stopped game. will try to play again tomorrow and see what happens. really liked the game up to this point. update... they must have fixed whatever bug. downloaded much later and has worked perfectly.

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 6:50:07 PM PST

[Post New]by ivyrain926 on Aug 5, 10 7:44 PM
Mwedel wrote:
VerlaL2 wrote:Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have made several players and every one of them has been gone when I return to the game after closing it. It is not saving the players or their progress in the game.

How can you save the game if you can't even save the players?

Has there ever been an answer to this one? It's seriously ticking me off!!!

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on Aug 19, 10 6:50 PM
Purchased the game just this week. Successful installation took a couple of tries, game runs smoothly; however, game no longer auto-matically saves ever since i replaced the trail version with the full version. Help?

[Post New]by nathotdf on Aug 23, 10 6:01 PM
I have been waiting for an answer too! It seems they do not know and I for one will not purchase another thing until this is resolved. The game is a waste of time and effort.

[Post New]by lolabean on Aug 24, 10 8:45 PM
mocroidh wrote:Okay, so every time I leave the game and restart it later, it takes me back to the statue in the graveyard, the very beginning of the game! I've made it MUCH farther than that, and it's really annoying to have all your work disappear like that. There doesn't seem to be any way to save your games - can someone point me in the right direction?

[Post New]by lolabean on Aug 24, 10 8:46 PM
Can't save it either!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 26, 10 3:25 PM
Uninstalled the game as it froze (this is quite a while ago, bought the game when it was issued) near the end of it. Reinstalled it and tryed to play today : even better, I can't even pass the first scene (after finding all the objects of the list). Makes me really cross. Has anything been done about this game ?????

[Post New]by emmamouse on Aug 30, 10 2:24 AM
ivyrain926 wrote:
Mwedel wrote:
VerlaL2 wrote:Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have made several players and every one of them has been gone when I return to the game after closing it. It is not saving the players or their progress in the game.

How can you save the game if you can't even save the players?

Has there ever been an answer to this one? It's seriously ticking me off!!!

[Post New]by Ulla_77 on Aug 30, 10 10:23 AM
Hi..i cant save my progress despite having user name and profile bla bla..everytime i have to start the game again and again..anybody knows why?

[Post New]by wazzudb on Sep 12, 10 11:05 PM
I am having an issue with picking up an item from inventory that can not be used but then I can't get it back in inventory. It is stuck on my cursor and I can't move on. I tried exiting the game and going back in but it brings me right back to where I was with the item still on my cursor. I have tried right clicking, clicking in the inventory area to no avail. Please help!

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by randal1000 on Oct 27, 10 1:45 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:UPDATE: NEW VERSION POSTED. CLICK <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/102210.page#1902780">HERE</a> FOR A LINK TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by randal1000 on Oct 27, 10 1:48 PM
i got to the boat where you need to make a paddle and there is nothing there in the entire game to combine with the broom. now i'm stuck and can go no further. i want a fix or my money back.
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 27, 10 3:59 PM
I just experienced the lua error mentioned above, when you try to get ink for the pen from the inkstand in the opening scene. What I was doing was picking up the pen and clicking on the inkstand, and that was causing the lua error message and the lockup of my computer. After this happening twice, the third time I clicked on the inkstand without holding the pen while doing it, and the game proceeded normally. The trick is to just click on the inkstand with your mouse; don't pick up the pen and then try to do it.

jac104
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jac104 on Nov 6, 10 2:07 AM
I cann't save this game up to what I have done.

It worked fine at the begining up to where a girl says to find a book in the custom house.
After that, no matter how far I get in the game, when I leave and come back, I am back to the find a book quest.

[Post New]by DevilShroom on Nov 9, 10 12:21 PM
I cann't save this game up to what I have done.

It worked fine at the begining up to where a girl says to find a book in the custom house.
After that, no matter how far I get in the game, when I leave and come back, I am back to the find a book quest.

Exactly the same problem here. Tis very annoying

I noticed they seemed to have a fix on GameHouse however it only appears to be for downloads from that site. To be fair it doesn't help me anyway as I bought it on CD, I ideally need a patch :/

[Post New]by mzchaos on Nov 24, 10 8:37 AM
Well...

First the positive... The game has a great story line, and so far is pretty fun to play.

But... It won't save.

I suppose if I had come to the forums first, I could have saved the money and put it on another game. Unfortunately, I trusted the folks at Big Fish not to put up shoddy games and went ahead and bought it based on the trial game alone.

This definitely makes me shy away from any other "Midnight Mysteries" games.

Were this a regular video store, I would definitely be bringing this game back and exchanging it for another game... but it is not and I suppose I am stuck with this one.

My warning to anyone contemplating buying this game... DON'T!!! To those who, like myself, have already spent good money on a game you have to play straight through or risk losing... You have my sympathies.

In my opinion, Big Fish should remove this game until the issues are fixed, and offer those of us who have already purchased it either a free game to compensate the frustrations of this one... or the opportunity to exchange this one for something a bit better constructed and designed.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Nov 27, 10 1:10 AM
My game will not save my progress. What is up with that? I would like a refund please.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Nov 27, 10 6:27 AM
I've been trying to download the trial of this game since it came out (June??), but every time I do, all I get is a black screen! Only when I get the Task Manager up do I see the 'Unhandled Exception' message.....

I came across the game again yesterday & was thrilled to see the 'new version available', but guess what? No difference!!!!

Come on BF - we KNOW you read these posts, so how about some real help, please?????

Go to: