Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 25, 10 10:41 PM
I really like this game, nice graphics, beautiful music, and my brain doesn't have to work too hard which makes it very relaxing!

Thanks

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 27, 10 10:08 AM
was a bit simplistic in tone , sound and play. Kind of nice break from all the heavy stuff we've been playing lately but not something that pulls you back and yells "play ne" "buy me' " you can't live without me!" . IT's a DD and a good deal at that price. I hope I remember it buy the time it comes around as a DD, if it does.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jun 27, 10 3:29 PM
Didn't like it. The only thing I liked was the graphics, which I thought were cute. I even hated the ambient noise - I had to mute my computer completely for the first time ever during a game. Boring story connecting everything together. I've played worse, but this just wasn't my cup of tea.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jun 30, 10 3:25 PM
Review of demo: Cartoon graphics are bright and colorful. Interactive portion is frustrating with no real hints other than to "use an item in the inventory." I had to go to the walkthrough several times as I could not find some of the areas or know how to use items. This is not a good thing for me. Thankfully the irritating music can be adjusted. Minigames are hard but can be skipped. I prefer different style of graphics and something more atmospheric. It's not a bad HOG, it's just not for me until I've played out all others. I am on a 20 inch wide screen with full screen game, fast load times, no glitches.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jul 4, 10 9:22 AM
Colorful cartoon graphics. Lots of hunting and mini games. Nothing I can put my finger on, just not compelling. I can take it or leave it and I have lots of games to finish so I will leave it.

Cute junkpile HOG.

[Post New]by tularosa on Jul 4, 10 4:09 PM
I absolutely LOVE this game! The graphics are great and the music is just beautiful! Where can I get the music to this? Seriously, I would buy a cd of this music. I had no problems at all. I hope there is a part 2.

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Jul 6, 10 10:08 AM
tularosa wrote:I absolutely LOVE this game! The graphics are great and the music is just beautiful! Where can I get the music to this? Seriously, I would buy a cd of this music. I had no problems at all. I hope there is a part 2.

I agree about the music! I usually have the sound turned off, or very very low, but I enjoyed the music, the atmosphere... I'm partial to anything with an Ancient Greek theme, and within a half hour of the trial, I had to buy. Of course, I wish it had been longer - maybe there will be a sequel. I was entertained while playing, so I'm glad that I took a chance.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 7, 10 5:15 PM
This is a cute little game and quite pleasing. I did enjoy the mini puzzles. The only negative is it kept getting darker the closer to the end I got. Some item are extremely small. The interaction was fun. A good game to play with a 7-year old.

[Post New]by tularosa on Aug 1, 10 5:25 PM
I cannot believe you all were playing the same game that I was!
Some said the music was boring, they muted it, it was too slow?????
The music was the best thing about the game!!!
Don't get me wrong I love this game- my favorite- but the music is just beautiful!
I'm trying to get a soundtrack of the music!

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 5:25:59 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 8, 10 8:34 PM
Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus

This is what I would call an "IHOG-lite". What I mean by that is that there is interaction, but there is no "adventure" aspect to the gameplay. When you finish a hidden object scene, you are automatically moved to the next scene to search. You will use all of your inventory items on the scene you found them in. To access the inventory, click on the satchel on the bottom right. To go back to the list of items to find, click on the satchel again.

There is a mini-game to find all of the purple gems you can on the scenes. There seem to be two per scene Collecting these gems get you "jewelry", which will aid you in your quest. Things such as faster hint refills, etc. The mini-games are varied and easy to understand - or at least the ones early in the game are

The graphics are cartooney, but well done. The music is quite nice, they did a good job on it. The feeling is more medieval than ancient Greece to me, but very nice all the same Hints are refillable, and the interaction intuitive.

Overall, a nice cheery IHOG that's a little different than the usual fare.

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on Aug 13, 10 11:32 AM
I enjoyed this game because of its cartoony nature, it made it more diffficult to find objects.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 10 3:31 AM
I like this game. It has great graphics - just the kind I like - and the gameplay is fun as well. I did play the demo for only half an hour when the game first came out, and did the second 30 minutes today.
It's definitely a buy for me.

Oh, and regarding Maia... I don't have a problem with her. When I concentrate on finding objects, I don't really see her at all.

Additional: I have now played this game for several hours (I prefer to take my time) and quite like the game except for one thing: The repetitive singing of one particularly annoying bird. This sound is in every scene that plays in the open, and the bird repeats its song far too many time. That high-pitched sound is just continuously drilling into my ears - I feel like shooting that darn bird.
I don't want to mute the sound completely otherwise I can't hear anything else, so I have to put up with this terrible noise.

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 10:21:07 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Sep 19, 10 1:05 PM
Really liked this one. Graphics are good, the music is ok, I never noticed Maia yawning . I like all the mini games, and the object scenes are sometimes quite difficult (maybe because my eyes are tired).
So this one goes on my buy list.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Dec 2, 10 9:04 AM
Bought this on the Thanksgiving sale and finished it today.

Everybody has already said all the good things I agree with.
Sometimes, just so nice to have a bright, cheerful, fun,
not-too-hard game. Would gladly have bought at full
price, and a steal at Sale Price.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 7, 11 9:45 AM
The game graphics are somewhat cartoony like but good. I didn’t find the game’s music/sounds intrusive. I’ve found the game somewhat enjoyable to play, but I won’t be purchasing this game. For those who had purchased this game – Happy Gaming.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Nov 6, 11 1:42 PM
Nice toon-style graphics, with lovely comic-booky colors & stuff . . . !

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Dec 9, 11 4:49 PM
I played the demo on this game and it fits the screen except for about an inch and a half black bars on either side, so pretty good fit considering some of the games of late haven't even filled that far! LOL....anywho...the music is nice, but frankly sounds ....strangely sounds like Ye Olde English music.......I don't mind it...but can't say it fits the theme (to me anyway!) Anywho...the story is intriguing, the graphic are nice and clear, the game seems deceptively simple, yet the items can be hard to find.....found myself having to use the hint button occasionally! The mini-games are fairly easy, but the game is nice if your looking for NON-Dark and NON-eery...

(which is kind of ironic because....your looking for the key to HELL ) but HONESTLY....it's been kind of a gentle story, with trying to help people look for the thief, you hear about a sorcerer and what he's done, but it's all pretty G rated stuff, with a couple of themes in the story that are more adult. But all in all it's nice and colorful, you can collect pink gems that as you get more, you get more stuff (like faster fillups on the hints, or more ease in gameplaying or whatever) ....the controls are slightly different, what with the way the inventory and the HOG list have to be changed by clicking on the backpack in order to toggle back and forth....I find that somewhat clunky but not a deal breaker.

Like i said, despite the fact your looking for the missing key to hell, this is very light and fun looking, no dark and eeriness to it so far.....I suppose after my demo runs out then the darkness and hellbeast and evil vermin suddenly come out and you all run yelling at me that I am WRONG, but so far, light and gentle and you have a young god child (Hermes) (YOU play the mother to him) and it's basically you two trying to help the lady who lost the key try to get it back...I don't know how to explain it any better, but definately not so far something to hide under the bed while playing!

The coloring of the game is just CHEERFUL, so it's the prettiest search for a hell key I have EVEr seen.....LOL....

I think if you want a good story without the gloom and doom......this searching for a hell key will be right up your alley!!

I think it's fun!

Zeigler30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Zeigler30 on Apr 15, 12 5:29 AM
Not feeling this game. It has left me confused. It is not working the way it should. Would not recommend. Having problems using items I have collected in the inventory. Hint keeps telling me to use item in bag, but when I try to use them they dont work. Stuck on level 1.

Zeigler30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Zeigler30 on Apr 15, 12 5:31 AM
Not feeling this game. It has left me confused. It is not working the way it should. Would not recommend. Having problems using items I have collected in the inventory. Hint keeps telling me to use item in bag, but when I try to use them they dont work. Stuck on level 1.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 17, 13 4:32 PM
Light-Hearted Departure From The Norm

BASED ON GAME COMPLETED A COUPLE OF TIMES

Okay, yeah, sure, the game was probably designed for kids. So, when has that ever stopped us? And anyway, I’m not too sure about that, because it sure tested my knowledge of ANCIENT GREEK LEGENDS.

Starting with the STORY. Thetis has lost her magic necklace and you must help Maia and Hermes search for it, otherwise the thief who stole it can open up the keys to Hell. (See what I mean? Thank goodness there’s an ENCYCLOPAEDIA).

This is a MAP DRIVEN HO GAME, with some SIMPLE (not always easy) PUZZLES thrown in. Basically, the game is broken up into chapters that determine where you will go next, inventory items are used within the chapter, and you receive a running commentary from Maia on why you are doing what. There is NO real ADVENTURE component.

There are COLLECTIBLES that give you POWERUPS, such as faster HINT recharge. (Hint’s only useful in the HOS). As well, you can earn new ENCYCLOPAEDIA entries as you go. This information is quite fun to learn.

The GRAPHICS are VERY WELL DONE in CARTOON style. Everything is easy to see, even the very small items. And there is plenty of colour and light. Plenty of AMBIENT sound and suitably Mediterranean MUSIC as well. NO VOICEOVERS.

This is solid, well constructed game which makes a pleasant and unique alternative to the traditional HO GAMES such as Amazing Adventures.

A pleasure to play.

I recommend this game!

Go to: