Re:Welcome to Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by treviso83 on Jul 11, 10 3:49 PM
I accidenyly stamped all the stones in the music island with the same print, and when I realized I needed to stamp them with the patterns of the columns, it won't let me change it. I don't know how else to fix this but to start over, and i don't feel like doing that! Please help! Trying to find a way to get "blank" stones, or change the pattern on the ones I have....

jjsd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jjsd on Jul 11, 10 4:04 PM
MsChelle62 wrote:I am also stuck there, unable to take off. I am sure I have the right coordinates entered, and I am able to get the fuel guage nearly full. But I get the same message. The REALLY frustrating thing is I checked the "strategy guide" and page 20 is MISSING! Page 19 ends with "When the fuel guage indicates that" and that's it. What a frustrating game. I am experiencing extreme buyers remorse. I should have waited for the 6.99 version; when perhaps this will be fixed.

jjsd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jjsd on Jul 11, 10 4:09 PM
Sometimes The fuel gauge looks full but may not be completely full. Once it is full, a message will appear saying it is full. The trick is to click on large groups of same colored stones. As long as the same color stones are beside one another or below one another and you get rid of several stones at a time, as opposed to one or two stones each time, the fuel gauge will fill up quickly. If you can get 4-6 stones all together, it won't take long to get the gauge full. How to do this, when the stones are not together, is to get rid of a few, "one only" stones, the others will drop.Then get rid of the group together

jjsd
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jjsd on Jul 11, 10 4:11 PM
treviso83 wrote:I accidenyly stamped all the stones in the music island with the same print, and when I realized I needed to stamp them with the patterns of the columns, it won't let me change it. I don't know how else to fix this but to start over, and i don't feel like doing that! Please help! Trying to find a way to get "blank" stones, or change the pattern on the ones I have....

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jul 12, 10 4:45 AM
treviso83 wrote:I accidenyly stamped all the stones in the music island with the same print, and when I realized I needed to stamp them with the patterns of the columns, it won't let me change it. I don't know how else to fix this but to start over, and i don't feel like doing that! Please help! Trying to find a way to get "blank" stones, or change the pattern on the ones I have....

Go to the area with the slots and insert the tablets. That will clear them and you can start over.

[Post New]by britgrliam on Jul 15, 10 4:10 AM
i got this a million times UNTIL
... make sure your coordinates are set
put your stones in the fuel tank and then go color by color
ex: do all the orange ones first, etc... by the time you get to the end
youll have 1 color left in a big blob and that is enough to make the fuel full and Lyras voice will say its full. if you havent gotten that message, its not full, even if its in the green zone

color by color is the trick, just try to get them in groups still... clicking on 1 stone, isnt as strong as clicking on a group of 2 or 3.

Ddody
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Ddody on Jul 23, 10 1:03 AM
I have already completed the level of the clock.
All it is to place in order to leave, but I do not know where to go.
I do not succeed to find the next destination on the map, I do not know like making, the stones " shining" they do not say nothing to me approximately the destination.
Help me please

momma0_7
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by momma0_7 on Aug 28, 10 9:15 AM
I have run out of patience with the blue tablet part of this game...I have wasted 2 days trying to get them correct...I give up!!!!! Can I get a refund for this????????

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 31, 11 6:26 PM
I sure hope that you the next in this series coming out soon. Would like to have story line continue.......right now I am hanging in mid-air.

[Post New]by Boogirl231 on Apr 27, 11 5:12 AM
Cutelilthing831 wrote:I am a huge fan of this series so i was beyond excited to get this game; however, I was a little disappointed when i finished the game yesterday and realized how short it was after paying $20. On the other hand, i was able to play the bonus chapter so that was cool.

Now to help others...

If your stuck in the ship at the beginning, make sure you go back outside and repair the damage caused by the initial shaking of the ship. If you are past this, check and make sure the coordinate markers on the wheel are in the correct locations. The silver bar marks the N,S,E,W direction and the gold bar marks the Heading Degree.

Finally, for the fuel. There's no bug in the game, it worked fine for me at least in challenge mode. Also, the whole time I played the stones never filled the top three rows and the game worked perfectly well. What you need to do is think of this as a match three game, sort of... You want to group same-colored stones together, which is fairly easy since you can eliminate individual colored stones. The larger the colored group, the more fuel you will gain. Any other questions? Please feel free to ask!

[Post New]by Boogirl231 on Apr 27, 11 5:20 AM
u don't need the stones to even start the ship once u repair the ship on the outside u go inside the ship get the stones that r setting next to the tank and put them in the fuel tank and u don't fill the tank the rest of the time it stays full the whole time u are playing the game. i played the whole game and for 13.99 i was very disappointed in the game. It did not last very long for paying that much for the game. Compared to the othe dream cronicles i was very disappointed in this one i hope the next one is alot better because this one was really boring u never do find her mother so that must be in the book of fire for the next one but this one was boring as hell. If i could get my money back i would.the cordinance u don't need either u just go to the map and jump to the places where they tell u to go that simple. No plot to this game what so ever u never do find out what the hell is going on in this game u don't talk to the father at all to find out what happened to the city or all the people in it or the grandfather u don't find out anything they leave everything at a dead end. really stupid if u ask me not worth the money u spend on it should have waited for the 6.99 hardly used the walkthrough at all everything was repetative did not need it. so save your money for the 6.99 if u have not bought it yet.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on May 10, 11 7:25 AM
The game was pretty good, but as others said, it was way too short. You can play it in one sitting.

I will just mention a few things I saw that people had trouble with. This is mostly for new people who are playing the game.

1) With the airship, you have to make sure the fuel is full, not almost full. You will hear a bell when it is full. Also, you have to try to make matches of the same colored stones, so the gauge fills up faster. The same colored stones have to be touching each other so you can eliminate them with one click. That is, if you click on 8 black stones adjacent to one another, you get a big fuel boost. If you use up all the stones and the gauge is not full, then just go outside and pick up another bunch of colored stones and try again. You have to start all over, though and you don't pick up where you left off with the fuel gauge. It is back to empty. When you set the coordinates, I had the same problem the first time. It is unclear which dial is for the direction N-S-E-W and which is for the degrees 0-90-180-, etc. So if it doesn;t work when you pull the lever, then just change the dials. For example, if one dial says 330 and the other says E, then change the E dial to 330 and the 330 dial to E. Then for the rest of the game, you'll know which dial is which.

2) For the Walkthough, there are scroll bars on the side of the pages. You have to scroll down to read the entire page.

Good luck.

Edited on 05/10/2011 at 7:26:58 AM PST

pkdream5
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by pkdream5 on Dec 5, 11 4:22 PM
momma0_7 wrote:I have run out of patience with the blue tablet part of this game...I have wasted 2 days trying to get them correct...I give up!!!!! Can I get a refund for this????????

each stone has a pattern that you have to follow. pkdream5

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 4:24:27 PM PST

pkdream5
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by pkdream5 on Dec 5, 11 4:28 PM
nwl43 wrote:
ilanamk wrote:OMG I think I'm going throw my laptop out the window. I've been trying for the last THREE days to get the stupid cups to go onto that wooden wheel!!! Please help me. I've got the stupid puzzel with the straight lines and all I've managed to do is put two of the cups on there. All the others keep telling me I've put it on the wrong symbol. Now I may not be a rocket scientist but common sense tells me that if I try each of the cups on the other symbols ONE of them should work....so how come I've got nothing?!?!? Please if someone knows the answer please please please save my sanity.

The cups won't stay on any of the spots until you have gone through the action of balancing them correctly. Otherwise you could just solve it by trial and error.You must be making some error in your choice of planks to leave in the chutes. Once you have the right combination of planks and pull the lever to release the water, you will hear a bell when you put the correct cup on to balance it.

this is pkdream5 & I can't get the last two to work & have the diagram from the walkthrough. Please help!!!

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 4:30:50 PM PST

Go to: