CTEnsley
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by CTEnsley on Jun 24, 10 8:18 PM
I started this CE and have crashed 3 times before getting to the icebound home, which means within 20-30 minutes or so of starting the game. I have crashed on several games laely and am beginning to get very frustrated. I have no quarrel with BF's customer service but am getting tired of having games crash, especially having paid the "CE" price. Some REALLY BIG FISH needs to address these issues.

Your very good customer,
Carol T. Ensley

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kdmsmom on Jun 24, 10 9:01 PM
Pertigal wrote:
kdmsmom wrote:I got all the way to the end of chapter 5 (Water Collector) but it won't let me balance the very last item. The symbol to match is just an X...should be able to use the / and \ together, but it won't balance the item and let me place it on the wheel. Have tried all other combinations possible with no success. No option to skip either. Very frustrating as I've plodded through the entire game only to stall just before the ending!!! Especially after splurging to get the Collector's Edition!!!

It's not the \ and the/. One of them is ---.

Doesn't work for me.

istara
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by istara on Jun 25, 10 2:07 AM
My game is completely bugged and corrupt. I have the Mac version.

The problem started in the Music Island area. After repairing the instruments I could not return to the Air Ship. Clicking on it took me back to the musical symbol posts on the top of the island (clicking the top of of the island also took me there).

Then eventually it started crashing the game every time I tried to click on the Air Ship. I restarted the game several times and even rebooted my Mac. It just crashes: I cannot leave the island.

If this can't be fixed, I would like a refund please. Particularly since it was the expensive Collector's Edition. You can remove the credits from my punch card.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jun 25, 10 9:30 AM
mariner3b wrote:i've completed the tasks at the clockmaker's house. When I return to the airship and click on map, then reveal, nothing happens. The tree house, etc. do not appear as locations. Help! I just purchased the game and now I can't proceed.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 25, 10 11:15 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not, but my strategy guide is really messed up. Numerous pages that end with an incomplete sentence that is not continued on the next text page. On page 48: "The letters below show the order in which the stone disks must be"

There were no letters below and that sentence was not completed on the next text page.

I am seeing the entire book because I can see the end of the page with the decorative lines and the page number.

Several pages had an incomplete sentence followed by what looks like just the tops of letters even though I can see the end of the book pages. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix planned for this as the strategy guide is a fairly large part of the extra price.

Edit: Another very clever poster has discovered there is a scroll feature on long pages. I never would have guessed.

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 1:57:57 PM PST

Mule2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mule2000 on Jun 25, 10 11:54 AM
I'm playing the game in challenge mode. I tried the first time in regular mode, got stuck in the clock, finally uninstalled and re installed, now, in challenge mode, I can't get the airship off the ground even though the coordinates are right and the fuel is full (what a job that was, had to do that stupid puzzle 7 times). I'm stuck stuck stuck. Not happy, either.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jun 25, 10 12:22 PM
Hi Fishies,

*UPDATE*

Some are reporting that they’re getting a message that is asking them to update their version of Flash.
This is not related to the issues that we’ve seen following the 10.1 update.

Customers getting a "Flash Player 8 or higher required" message should uninstall and reinstall via IE.
This message pops up if the customer doesn’t have the latest Active X installed.

Some customers may mention that IE popped up for the installation but they cancelled it and installed via a different browser.
Cancelling the installation via IE could trigger this error.

For those on Macs who are seeing a black screen or black story board panels need to install or update Flash Player.

Here is a link to our Mac help article with a link to the Adobe Flash site.

Mac Game Errors

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 2:21:14 PM PST

Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by iryten on Jun 25, 10 1:39 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by iryten on Jun 25, 10 1:41 PM
I have a problem in even getting the game at all. I d/l it an it asks me to kick on Adobe, which I do, and then it tells me trial is over? I haven't even tried it yet. Anyone else with this issue?

JUlie

krmaples
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by krmaples on Jun 25, 10 3:22 PM
I am having the same problem with the reveal spell after finishing the music island. When I try to click on the map there is no response or coordinates so that I can move on to the water segment.

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jun 25, 10 3:30 PM
Same problem as a couple of players. I bought collectors edition and got all the way to chapter 5 (water collector) and it won't let me balance last item. Can't go any further so I'm stopped so close to the end. It's not my flash or video card because I have gotten so close to the end with no problems at all. Very frustrating.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 25, 10 5:12 PM
chruke wrote:Same problem as a couple of players. I bought collectors edition and got all the way to chapter 5 (water collector) and it won't let me balance last item. Can't go any further so I'm stopped so close to the end. It's not my flash or video card because I have gotten so close to the end with no problems at all. Very frustrating.

I'm thinking you have probably just made a mistake in choosing which wooden pieces to remove from the slots. It can be a little confusing. Since it is random I can't give you an exact answer. Try checking the thread called "balancing the scale". It has some helpful information.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jun 25, 10 6:17 PM
My game keeps freezing after every tree puzzle. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall/reinstall. Will try that. But I've really had it with these glitches.

OK, I'm done. Going to ask for a refund on this one.

Edited on 06/25/2010 at 6:34:35 PM PST

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jun 25, 10 7:48 PM
I have a Mac & am having the same problems as several other Mac users. I got a small black box in the upper left hand corner. After about a minute the whole screen turned black. I could hear music playing. I had to force quit. I trashed the game, updated everything, download the game again & had the same problem. I have an Intel MacBook running OS X 10.5.

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jun 25, 10 8:36 PM
TillyQ wrote:I have a Mac & am having the same problems as several other Mac users. I got a small black box in the upper left hand corner. After about a minute the whole screen turned black. I could hear music playing. I had to force quit. I trashed the game, updated everything, download the game again & had the same problem. I have an Intel MacBook running OS X 10.5.

Wow, exactly my problem! Kinda glad someone else is reporting it, too--I was a little afraid of viruses. Hope someone finds a fix for this, because I love the DC games.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jun 25, 10 9:05 PM
I love the games too. All the others worked OK for me. I did contact Customer Service. You should do that too if you already haven't done so. I'm glad there is a demo for the game. I would hate to buy it & not have it work.

[Post New]by mmsanmaw on Jun 25, 10 9:24 PM
Hi Guys! After playing around a little and reloading the software twice, I've been able to help diagnose some of the problems with the Error violation messages and the freezing up of the system. What I discovered is if you do not follow the steps exactly as the strategy guide is written, you will get the error violation message and the comp will freeze. I tested this at the clockhouse by going into the right door first (as opposed to the left) and the comp froze up and gave me a error violation message. After rebooting, I tried the upstairs door and again the error violation and freezing. I rebooted again and followed the steps exactly as the book is written in two different areas (clockhouse and golden trees) and had absolutely no problems unless I tried to do something out of the order they wanted in the stategy guide. Hope this helps you fix the problems on the windows XP version.

Gina

[Post New]by mullyg on Jun 25, 10 10:44 PM
mariner3b wrote:i've completed the tasks at the clockmaker's house. When I return to the airship and click on map, then reveal, nothing happens. The tree house, etc. do not appear as locations. Help! I just purchased the game and now I can't proceed.

I'm having the same problem, did you get an answer from anyone or did you figure it out?

alilypad
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alilypad on Jun 26, 10 7:03 AM
Played the demo with no problems (except it always said I had 60 minutes of play left - even when time was up). I bought the game and now it won't play. I hit play, it pretends to start and then it closes and I get the play again screen.

I've uninstalled and am trying to reinstall now. :-/

Tried uninstall/reinstall twice and still can't play. Requested a refund, but haven't heard back yet. Quite disappointed with the experience.

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 10:05:24 PM PST

[Post New]by TrixMyDog on Jun 26, 10 8:15 AM
[b]Can anyone help me.I have a laptop 18'4" and want to know how i can play this game and ALL BFG in Wide Screen mode..The games are not in wide screen mode.
I have emailed PF and BFG but still can't play in wide screen..It's not much fun playing a game with black on both sides..especially when you buy the collector's edition..I almost finished the game..I emailed BFG before the game was released so i would have the problem fixed..but it's not.

Go to: