Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by b2small2 on Jun 26, 10 11:20 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by b2small2 on Jun 26, 10 11:23 AM
Love the game!!! But I'm stuck. I can't get the honey to go in the pot for the healing potion. Help!!!!!

Foxy57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jun 26, 10 12:30 PM
I do not think like the majority: I found the graphics childish, the action so predicable that I lost interest. To top it all off, I had to modify my screen resolution to be able to play.<<

For me it is a definite

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 26, 10 12:46 PM
Didn't care for this one. Like others have said, I found the graphics unclear, and some items too small (the gems were ridiculously small, but luckily they sparkled so you could find them).

The gameplay was way too easy, as well.

Charming, in a way, but just didn't hold my interest for above-cited reasons.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Jun 26, 10 1:29 PM
I just finished 1/2 hour of the demo and really liked this style
hidden object type game. Easy to play, good directions.
It is a buy for me.

Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by rjbresume1 on Jun 26, 10 1:36 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by rjbresume1 on Jun 26, 10 1:37 PM
it is stuck on the watering the pea plants it wont let you do it and when you exist the game it says it isn't responding. You can't play it from that point on.

[Post New]by paddypoo on Jun 26, 10 2:28 PM
Game was not too hard and not too easy. Perfect game to play. This was fantastic, the scenery was beautiful, the movement of the people and the sounds of the birds, water, etc. was great. This is the type of game I like. Thanks, thanks thanks

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Jun 26, 10 2:37 PM
Wonderful game! Amaranth always does a good job on their games. Beautiful scenery and music. The sounds of running water and birds chirping was very soothing. It was a vet small download, so I was expecting it to be one of those games where all you do is find things on a list. I was wrong.

Anyone who likes to play these games to relax will get their money's worth.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 26, 10 6:28 PM
A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

Very little story in this game, just a bit of text at the beginning, then start the game. A lot of hand holding going on, as you have a task bar showing what needs to be done right there where you can't miss it.

This game is a Pop-up/FROG mix. I'm not a huge fan of either, and I was bored enough to delete the game after 15 minutes. Being so lax on story makes it hard to get into for me. However, since I took this game for the I'm Bored Challenge, I persevered!

There are some cool features to this game, such as "Find-X-number of gems" to find a "map piece", which will allow you to travel directly to that location instead of having to walk scene-to-scene. The task of finding gems is slightly ruined by the too-helpful sparkle effect, which happens way too frequently for my taste.

I played through the demo, but I never could really get immersed in the story. A no-buy for me.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Jun 26, 10 6:57 PM
Gosh that was fun! Wish there were more like those. I loved the storyline and the graphics were lovely. The music fit the scenes and was a nice change from the dark stuff in a lot of the other games. Thanks BFG!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 26, 10 7:03 PM
I agree that the graphics were clear and fine on my computer. I didn't have trouble finding anything as the crystals do blink and the objects were thankfully large enough for these old eyes! The only trouble I had was finding the Haunted Cabin/cottage. I went to the walkthrough after 55 minutes of the trial to see what I was doing wrong and had one of those OMG moments THERE IT IS!! LOL All in all a great game. As soon as my "credit" hits for the month I will be buying also. Thanks BFG!!

Valdy wrote:I see several members with comments about bad graphics and graphics not clear enough. I thought the graphics were wonderful. I had no trouble finding any of the objects, and the images all looked lovely. Couldn't have asked for a better game.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 26, 10 10:31 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:Guess I must be a rare one. I read all the reviews this AM, was excited to come home and play it, I played 14 minutes of it and hated it. Very boring to me. A definite for me.

I didn't actually hate this game - just found it rather blah. Hunting for the tiny crystals was tedious though, and for that reason, I'm going to pass on this one.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jun 26, 10 11:18 PM
I still have 9 minutes left on my demo, but I thought it was good. I agree with those that said it was refreshing. It reminds me of "Awakening: The Dreamless Castle." I'd like to see Amaranth do another game like this, but longer and more sophisticated. I love the magical/fairy tale like atmosphere. It's enchanting, charming, and elegant. I plan on buying it.

Edited on 06/27/2010 at 2:37:34 AM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jun 26, 10 11:28 PM
Wonderful Game, beautiful eerie Graphics. Something a bit different than your average HOG.

Thank you for offering this game to us

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jun 27, 10 12:07 AM
I left a post at the beginning of this forum. My mind has not changed about the quality and the likability of this game. It is fantastic.

The only problem and I say only is that some items are small, but I just clicked away until I got them and plus I used the hint button which recovers very quickly.

Great story line and plenty of guidance as to what you need to be looking for. I appreciated the map as you have to go back and forth. The map made it much easier to go directly to the area you wanted.

No doubt, as seen from the ending, that this story will continue or others like it. Hooray for that. I'll be one of the first customers.

You will appreciate the graphics, the sound effects and most of the music. There were a couple of times that I needed to turn my volume down even more...especially the "engine" room or when the frog was croaking his head off. But the birds singing and the running water and the very serene forest settings made me wish I could just transplant myself into the scene.

No blood and gore, no anyone getting hurt...just a good all around IHOG game. And you will love the interaction!!

The developers were very clever and made a great game that most people should like. I give it my top award of 5 out of 5 stars

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
8,181 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 10 1:21 AM
b2small2 wrote:Love the game!!! But I'm stuck. I can't get the honey to go in the pot for the healing potion. Help!!!!!

The honey first goes onto the workshop, which is the table. From there you add it to the pot. You will still have honey left over on the table though, so that might be the reason you think it didn't work.

[Post New]by fishcherry on Jun 27, 10 2:33 AM
Am gonna try it soon!!!! Excited, heh!

(Edit after demo)
The game was... nyeh. I'm kinda disappointed with the graphics, didn't turn out as nice as I expected to be. And I felt that the entire thing was very disorganized, like everything was all over the place. Didn't really enjoy it, but yknow, to each his/her own!

Edited on 06/27/2010 at 3:06:34 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jun 27, 10 7:30 AM
This was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played and after a few months I look forward to playing it again. Perhaps I'm dense but I'm sure it took me a minimum of 5 hours spread out over 3 days to finish. I certainly don't try to make it a race and I also read everything. One thing I really liked was after finding all the crystals in an area you received a map piece so you could go directly where you wanted to go. It saved a lot of wandering.

goldens
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 27, 10 9:26 AM
A very enjoyable game. The storyline was good as were the graphics, music and sound effects. Found that most hidden objects were easy to locate with the exception of a couple of dark scenes where I had to rely on the hint button.
Glad there was a walkthrough. At the beginning when I saw that a scene had "tasks completed" on the top right, I would just bypass the location and look elsewhere for missing items. After becoming very frustrated, I gave up and went to the walkthrough only to learn that "tasks completed" didn't mean that there wasn't something further in the scene that would help complete the story.
The map was a wonderful tool which kept the game flowing nicely. Very happy to see that a sequel looks to be in the works. I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

Go to: