Helentn
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by Helentn on Jun 30, 10 7:03 AM
After 10 minutes, I'm already stuck....in the room where there are supposed to be hidden scarabs....there are no hints for this part..half of the screen is dark. I have 2 dates in inventory which apparently aren't used in this screen....no highlight to indicate where the scarabs might be.
If the game had a walkthrough...I might buy it, but not with just tips.

mehebert
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mehebert on Jun 30, 10 7:17 AM
Sadly I agree with all of the comments. Areas are way too dark and even when you click on the hint button you lose points because you still can't find the object. I enjoy these kinds of games where you go from one place to another and it is an interactive adventure, however this game is all thumbs down. Very poorly thought out. A big no buy on this one. Have a great 4th and a safe one all.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Jun 30, 10 7:18 AM
I think this game is by the developers of Babylonia - same graphics and music. I picture young men and women sitting around designing and thinking "Boy, this looks great"! Then we come along and totally trash their efforts. While I agree with most of what people said about this game, I feel some compassion for the designers who probably worked hard on it. It's all part of the learning process. I hope they read the blogs and use that information to improve but not to be discouraged. Can you tell I'm a grandmother?

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Jun 30, 10 7:25 AM
HATED this game. The items were impossible to find. If the cursor wasn't on the object exactly right, it wouldn't pick it up. Even with the hint button, it was still very hard to find things.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Jun 30, 10 7:28 AM
What a waste of time, this game is so awful that I am sorry I took the time to download the demo. The lighting, graphics and general gameplay are terrible. The hidden objects so small the even "IF" this game had a maginifier it would still be bad.
In Windows 7 you end up playing in a 3x5 window and that makes it even worse.
NO THANKS I don't need the headache.

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Jun 30, 10 7:33 AM
Only one more game needed to fill the card and of course the last few days have yielded nothing. This is not good

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Jun 30, 10 7:46 AM
A NO buy for me even if it were $2.99. Scenes way too dark, objects very hard to find.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Jun 30, 10 7:47 AM
kat1117 wrote: I downloaded this game but have not tried it yet. I sure hope it isn't as bad and frustrating as "Romancing the Seven Wonders: Taj Mahal" I bought that game on a whim and it was one of the worst I games I ever bought. But after reading some of the fishie reviews, it looks like bad news for this game too.

Okay..I tried it & didn't like it. I lasted about 20 minutes and then deleted it.
I needed a hint to find the brass ring. The hint showed me the same ring that I already clicked three times. I might be a little stupid, but I could not figure out how to remove tiles on the hieroglyphic mini game. I thought it was hard to navigate between scenes. The hidden objects were hard to find and didn't look like their name. And they had the nerve to subtract points for too much clicking!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 30, 10 7:51 AM
**...clears throat, testing, testing**
After reading all the...erm...reviews, I HAD to try this game out for myself.
I sought mightily for 6 or 11 or 45 minutes to find one redeeming factor for this exercise in futility.
I FOUND 2 !! WHOOHOO !!
1. The scarabs were really easy to find.
2. Subtracting most of my accumulated points with grid-plotted hot spot misclicks was an amusing release to pent up tension.
must go kill some zombies.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 30, 10 7:56 AM
I am sadly but I have to agree - this is not a good game. I won`t buy it.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 30, 10 8:29 AM
Total waste of 30 mins that I played in the demo. I agree with all the negative comments previously posted. Sorry, no buy for me.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 30, 10 8:33 AM
All I can say is WOW!!!! I actually played the entire demo and I really tried to give this game a go BUT I had to use a magnifiying glass to try and find some **** but mostly that didn't even help. I liked the graphics, I think the developers really tried to make this a good game. Sadly they fell very short. I think the timer and the losing of 10 points was two unlikable things in this game. Even with a walkthrough, this game is still a 2-10

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jun 30, 10 8:36 AM
Appreciate all the great comments on this game, which convinced me not to bother downloading the trial version. You all are awesome! Many thanks

[Post New]by nan3477 on Jun 30, 10 8:42 AM
Glad I didn't buy this game. Tried it out and either my eyes are to old or the items are to small for me to see them. I only got to the camel and clicked on everything but couldn't find the dates. I'll pass on this one.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jun 30, 10 8:45 AM
For me, this game was nothing but annoyances. Can't think of one thing I like about it. Pretty much what's been stated here already - I concur. Definately not a purchase for me no matter what price it'd be sold for.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 9:39 AM
I just looked at the walkthru someone mentioned above to see if how I got stuck was something reasonable.

Turns out there's a few different places the arrows go to. I kept ending up in the same spot as before when I clicked arrows in different places on the screen, so finally just assumed there were fewer destinations than there turned out to be.

A couple folks have said they did not get stuck during the demo hour. So maybe there is a knack for figuring out how many destinations there are to go to from a particular screen, without ending up back at the same ones over and over... but I really don't think I'm in tune with the game enough to figure that out.

I did manage to get thru the hieroglyph mini-game - when I seemed to be running out of time, in fact I was still accumulating what I needed to reach the goal of 10 sets of matches.

pammyjupp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammyjupp on Jun 30, 10 9:43 AM
Quite agree, what a boring game, objects you need a magnifying glass for, can't even pick out the scarabs. Boo BFG please lets have a better one next time

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Jun 30, 10 9:43 AM
Too hard to find objects, they blended in with the scenery, same color as background. No Hint button

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jun 30, 10 9:52 AM
I agree with everything everybody has said about this game.
A big
The skip button too long to appear. The freezing of the game on the first mini.
The confusion.
Simply frustrating.
I too ended up in the same place.
And the mini was simply impossible to do in the length of time given.
Would not even buy as a DD.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Jun 30, 10 10:27 AM
girouard347 wrote:gimmegames posted:

"Do the developers think that just because it's in the "hidden object game" genre, that we will blindly buy it?

The stupid ones do think exactly that. They have no idea how sophisticated and exacting HOG players have become. It's no longer possible for a developer to grab a junk story, put up a background and throw in a bunch of inferior pics plucked from My Really Big CD of HOG Items. Having good games to buy has bred a discriminating buying public.

On top of the universal pan comments, with which I wholeheartedly agree, I must say that the Egyptology is so horrible that any Infants school/first grade child would be laughing. Amenhotep IV "before the Old Kingdom"? Sheesh! If developers are going to use a certain historical period, the least they could do is take lessons in How To Google.

I agree that this game isn't even worth a DD.

Go to: