Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Making Mr. Right

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jul 4, 10 4:06 PM
I wasn't offended by the game concept...pretty funny actually as there has been an age old gender war with bestselling books that play up on the concept...Men are from mars/Women are from Venus, etc.
How often do guys and gals joke about such things as this? Pretty funny..though I am sure some will find it offensive. You just can't please everyone.
So I kept an open mind about it even reading other reviews.
I bought it and haven't played it long yet..but it was fun I thought because it had so many elements.
It does combine the normal TM point and click to serve with the strategy TM of Building games and throws in a little match 3 as well. It offers a variety of goals to accomplish and makes for an interesting experience.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Jul 4, 10 4:08 PM
tijhea wrote:Anyone having problems putting the tennis courts out. I have to lay out 4 tennis courts for four residents. I can put down 3, ... Hell I put 12 and it still tells me I
only have 3 tennis courts.

As for laying out stations for those having trouble.. Its a puzzle.. You can't just lay
the station anywhere you want... when laying your stations, It's kinda like the game
tetris.. You almost have to fit the stations together.

For those getting upset about the theme... Its just a game, thats all. We have games
that we play where murder has taken place... They are just games, try to find the
humor in it.

Govgirl good review.. I'm not sure about this one myself.

the tennis courts will help more than one person if placed right for instance to meet your 4 goal, you really only have to place 2 that touch 2 houses at least that was what i did.

[Post New]by kayden10 on Jul 5, 10 3:53 PM
Who knows how to put the tennis courts and where do u put it down. i bought the game its fun but i am just stuck the only thing i hate about these games they all come to end.

[Post New]by happypancake on Jul 5, 10 4:35 PM
I can't get past the quest to create a tennis court for 4 people...

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 5, 10 5:04 PM
I wasn`t unsure about this game after reading all the mixed review - many are negative, but a few are also positive about this game. I have made the decision to buy this game for the sale today.

[Post New]by destinyrhymes on Jul 6, 10 11:43 AM
If only it was this easy with my man! It would make me happy if I could send him off to gain some of these skills in yoga or BBQ or plumbing! This game makes me smile when I am playing - maybe it's a wicked side of me but what woman doesn't want to give her man a few more skills on the home front. These days women are working and doing the majority of all the work in the home and caring for the family so come on "Dr Love" help me get my man to fix the leaky sink and change our baby's diaper. I haven't had any of the game play problems and I love the game bejeweled and the trips to the gift shop gives me a chance to play in between sending the men for a little more training. I love this game. It does have a few quirky things but once you build the stations it is super easy to figure out how to place the stations on the next level.

[Post New]by mamagotsgame on Jul 6, 10 12:20 PM
It is really odd reading some of these comments on the forum. The concept isn't "creepy" at all! I found this game to be a lot of fun - I agree with someone who commented that the game reminded them of the movie "Hitch" where guys needed help in certain areas to get the girl. I am finding it very addictive and the first levels are very easy (I didn't have any issues with game play or placement of stations) It became challenging when you have many men showing up for training and this is when the TM skills are needed - what stations to build etc. found the gift shop to be a great way to calm down some of the over anxious men who needed additional skills and were losing patience. I LOVE this game and am finding it to be very addictive!

[Post New]by dotloo52 on Jul 6, 10 1:00 PM
I have never been able to train my man in real life so I love having the chance to virtually do it in this game.

The posts by "Dr Love" in between levels are great relationship tips and the game play cracks me up! Exploding diapers, kitchens on fire, leaking faucets all happen while trying to get the men trained in various skills.

I thought the game was easy to learn and was able to move through the first levels very easily - it is more challenging as you get more men to train.

I am finding this game to be very addictive!

[Post New]by mandmspeanut on Jul 6, 10 1:23 PM
What a hoot! I don't have a problem with the concept of this game AT ALL - I find it hysterical! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!

[Post New]by mandalamama on Jul 6, 10 3:14 PM
i'm so happy to see a TM game, especially combined with building! but this one ends up a bit too challenging in the TM portion (although you get more chances to "train" the men and the deadline is very, very easy to meet), yet is not challenging at all in the building portion. this game also adds a ridiculous match-3 for "power-ups" that rarely appear on the board in time, at least in my experience. yet you don't need any power-ups because you can easily finish each level at Expert!

as for the theme ... bleah. all it's missing is some of those puppy training carpets and rolled-up newspapers for the wives.

i'd love to see a true matchmaking game built on this, hopefully in the future. a game where both genders better themselves, alone or together, and the housing can be upgraded. with a much larger "dating" section, perhaps like a speed-dating cafe! and have the gift shop as a real gift shop, filled with gifts for both genders so they can truly woo each other. perhaps even adding a clothing store so each partner can improve their appearance. (also a game allowing for same-gender match-ups of course!)

[Post New]by crissimorris on Jul 6, 10 9:02 PM
so I figured, why not? I'll give it a try . . . . too boring for me - I lasted 6 minutes into the demo.

[Post New]by 5kids2many on Jul 9, 10 1:34 AM
I've beat the game twice now, I still love it! To place the tennis court, you have to place the tennis court & then put 4 houses around it, I had no problem with this one. In the last levels it is better to buy the most expensive equipment, one level you have to-in order to meet the time requirements. Having lots of fun playing! My daughter loves it too!

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Jul 11, 10 3:43 PM
Not my kind of game at all, the concept does not fly.

[Post New]by chellsarv on Jul 12, 10 11:06 AM
I love this game! I play alot of Time Management Game and i had fun playing this one! I've played a couple of times now trying to do better each time! Now to make things right they need to make a
Making Miss. Right!!!

[Post New]by crystal2181 on Jul 12, 10 8:21 PM
THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE THIS GAME BETTER WOULD BE A SURVIVAL MODE. I JUST WANT TO KEEP PLAYING IN THE STUDIO BUT ONE CAN ONLY BEAT A GAME SO MANY TIMES BEFORE GETTING BORED. I AM USUALLY NOT ONE FOR SURVIVAL MODES BUT IN THIS CASE I WOULD PLAY THAT CONTINUSLY.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Jul 31, 10 12:55 PM
Found the concept extremely offensive: The only way the girls will consent to date is if the guy takes classes so as to be more like her. Very shallow.

Just once I'd like to see a dating game that isn't all about guys learning a bunch of skills to impress the girl.

To put this in perspective, that is like each girl being a tall mountain, and not only does the guy need to learn how to climb, he has to get the right gear, and then climb a bit higher every day until he reaches the summit. If he does, then he succeeds and gets the girl. The girl doesn't have to do anything at all other than sit around and see if this guy will build himself up to be good enough for her before she loses interest.

That's not very realistic, and does not send a good message about the dating scene.

[Post New]by peaches20 on Aug 29, 10 6:01 PM
I am really enjoying the game "Mr. Right" It makes me fantasize about creating and then ultimately meeting Mr. Right. I love the game "Mr. Right." I enjoy all time management games but this one gets me into a romantic mood. Just the thought of creating my own Mr. Right. ooooooo

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 6:02:47 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 10, 10 12:47 PM
As one review mentioned there used to be schools that trained women for men until they were out of date, which is what this game is. I mean really why does someone have to change to make someone else happy. ICK!! That's not love or fun in a game. I find the concept to be offensive. Whether it is men changing for women or vice versa.

The gameplay and graphics were well done. The rooms at the end of the game don't have enough space for the training stations.

If it wasn't for the theme I would rate this game higher. However, it's a D.

PS. This reminds me of a game called Miss Popular, which had nothing to do with being popular and all to do with pretending to like the things a boy liked to get him to be your boyfriend. ISHY!

[Post New]by BeckyArtImagine on Apr 3, 11 9:58 AM
I think this game is winningly addictive too, and just plain FUN - but

ember89 wrote: i think if it were truly to work, the game should be about the relationships and maybe actually playing matchmaker - as the description allows.... build communities of singles and help men AND women gain the skills they need to win the guy/girl of their dreams...

if this were added (and a few things I write at the bottom), I would feel the game would be complete.

That said, I LOVE it!

It's appealing in its visuals and animations,
I like the fact that while it seems like it's guy-bashing, the Dr. is surreptitiously falling in love with HER man,
it combines quite a few types of games that I like together (build games, match 3, time management,
and the romance element is GREAT (it really suckered me in, and I'm the type to play games like Fable 3!!!!)
There is a place for this kind of game, and I love that, but:
maybe balance out the "only guys could use some life skills to get their mate," misperception (cause I know I had to do a lot of this kind of training myself, but I'm a woman (as opposed to the assumptions given in this game),
fix the playability part of the game (in terms of all the comments in the forums on this site), like:
making the resting station pause mood deterioration,
adding the option of buying extra dating tables to put in so that you could manage your time a little more effectively (and grab a full set of smiles for each man to go for the gold),
make the match 3 LONGER (I just start to get into it, and begin to work for some power ups, and the count down timer stops me - sigh),
add a Guy's Gift Shop, with things like cars, tools, camping (ETC) and sports items,
add for the Girl's "mate improvement" stations like mechanic abilities (under a hot rod hood ), learning how to throw a football properly, and how to bait a hook without hurling or sticking yourself (all that would be done GREAT with YOUR artists' and animators' style ),
and fix all these things by maybe putting out a collector's edition,
and I think you'll have a tongue-in-cheek, fun hit on your hands!!!!!!
- seriously, if you did all of these things, and added your own creative additions to all of this, I really would think it would be one of the greatest games of all time... it would be really clever, and really kind, and a well thought-out game, all at the same time!!!!!

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 10:37:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Apr 4, 11 4:43 PM
I didn't mind the concept of the game. It's just funny that people always talk about 'fixing' their man or woman and this just made me crack up. Especially since it reminds me of those school where women used to go.

I didn't like that there was no timer on learning the skills. Wasn't a huge problem, but I would have liked it. I guess what got to me was that it was so repetitive and you had to buy the stations every level. Plus, placement was an issue for me. I would try to get two of every station, but they wouldn't fit. Maybe in later levels there is more room...

Go to: