Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 3, 10 9:50 AM
I found this game to be fun and entertaining. I hadn't played the first game, so I downloaded it and will play its demo when I finish this review. The items were well hidden, but no so much so that I lived on the hint button. I enjoyed the history lessons there were also hidden in the game. Yay! learning while having fun! The graphics and storyline were well done and inventive.I can't think of anything I disliked about this game. Except the ".to be continued" at the end.

I would say this game deserves an A+. I will wait with baited breath for the next Flux!

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 12, 10 1:54 PM
I buyed the first one, but, did not find this did not have me hooked in the first 5 minutes,as it appears to be more of a chore then enjoying the game maybe, I'll try again later.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 17, 10 4:35 PM
So I decided to retry this game, and gone past the library, enjoy playing it now. So i have brought it now after the hour trial expired, which is good that they provide the hour trial, to give people a chance to get into the game, if they aren't hooked in the first 5/10 minutes.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 17, 10 4:38 PM
cowenz wrote:i love the graphic but a little bit boring with the game play... eemmm..but maybe a buy for me

Yep, just saw your comment, that's how i felt, so I gave the game another go, and now I'm into enjoying the game and have brought it now.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 19, 10 7:18 PM
i have now finished playing this game, there are no issues with the art finding objects and travelling around the rooms is really a good idea.

The dissapointmenting side is the story line, there is very little to go on, I couldn't care less why I was in the different parts of history, i was just finding the objects. Also the whole story, more should have been provided, as there isn't much incentive to keep playing future games to find out the stoyr line. So buying game has its well made, it can be harder to come up with a good story line to keep players captivated. Maybe there'll be something at the start to keep us captivated rather then just the graphics. As it felt like a chore, just to find the objects to see the storyline. So i wouldn't be playing this game again.

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 7:19:21 PM PST

Gala_Day
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Gala_Day on Oct 6, 10 5:57 PM
stanliness wrote:Well, I managed to wait for the regular version - am somewhat disappointed in this 2nd Flux. The mission seemed so disjointed and confusing, though it was fun gathering all the parts. What the heck was the purpose of the badges? Never found out. Maybe the problem was that I bought too many games over the Memorial Day sale and slowly played this one, chapter by chapter. Just didn't seem to have the wow factor the first one had for me. More bells and whistles, less substance.

Agree with this review, this FF is nowhere near as good as the first. I played that one quite a few times, but have yet to get over my disappointment to play the second FF again. Such a shame as we waited so long for the sequel.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 26, 10 2:27 AM
Didn't like the 1st one enough to buy it. Demoed this one and read your reviews, and I agree with the negative part of you. No buy for me.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Oct 29, 10 11:27 AM
Another fun game! The story line was a bit confusing, I thought. However, the graphics and music were very good. I can't quite picture this adorable little girl being the "star" of the game. However, the interaction between the various scenes kept us interested and entertained. Potential replay value. Interesting puzzles

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Dec 31, 10 12:06 PM
This game bothered me. I wasn't a huge fan of the first, but I liked the historical scenes so much and a friend told me to try this one, I gave it a go. I shouldn't have.

The main story, like the first one is confusing, boring and useless. You find out next to nothing about the family and you have no reason to want Jesse to succeed, you don't know anything about her! The game kept throwing in random journal entries and letters from the family, which I thought would come together at the end to explain what it all meant... it didn't. You just get loads of random, needless information about these people who seem like jerks. Even Jesse at the end annoyed me, how she left little Jesse all alone after overhearing her mother say such mean things.

The game play was okay, but could be VERY confusing. You spend forever piecing things together and then you have search for where they go... then you have a pull something or move something, but you don't know this, all you know is that it isn't working! Moving from area to area was a pain as well, having to move the mouse around, hoping beyond hope that it would finally become a green arrow so you could click to move to a new area! Then, somethings would be near the edge of the screen and you would try to click on them, and suddenly be in the last area you were in.

The little badges you would find were okay, they added a little extra something to look for in the game. But, every time you find one, your game gets interrupted by a pop-up saying you found a badge. I know I found a badge, I clicked on it and it went to the owl... I don't need a pop-up telling me something I already know. Thanks.

A great thing about the first game, is all the different times you got to go to! This one, you get to go to three. You fix what is wrong, then it gets messed up somewhere else in the same time period, and these people can't do anything themselves (even simple things) so you must go back to their time and fix it for them.

My favorite part about this game, was a little notes and letters you would find in the different time periods. Like little notes Abe Lincoln wrote to himself or friends, you get a nice feel for the man and who he was, same with the fellows of the Boston Tea Party and Henry Ford.

I would give this game... 2/5

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 22, 11 11:18 AM
Valentinos_Mom wrote:I'm in the railroad scene, but can't figure out where to put the railroad ties and rails. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Go back to the very first scene that you entered and saw Abraham Lincoln -- you'll see that the tracks are missing the rest of it's tracks; place the ties down first and then the spikes.

MEnr56

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 23, 11 12:45 PM
Really liked the first one this is hard confusing and stupid

[Post New]by judywald on Jan 25, 11 4:17 PM
Sure wish I had read about all the problems with this game before I purchased.
I get a "unable to initialize the display device" and haven't been able to get it started.
No problem with the first Flux Family game - or any other of the many games I've gotten from here.
Any suggestions?
JW

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 4:52 PM
Hi all, A very mixed bag of comments about this game. I didn't write anything the first time I bought the game (about a year ago) but coming back to it I must say that the graphics are stunning and so clear. It took a while to reorientate myself into the type of thing to be collected but enjoyed a short replay and will go back for more. I can't remember all of the action in this but I did enjoy the Flux Family games.
Lots of love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 28, 11 10:49 PM
This turned out to be as much fun as the original, and I don't regret buying both that and this sequel. The graphics are fantastic, some of the puzzles are challenging without being so impossible that you have to go to the walkthrough, and it's enjoyable to have this type of game where you get to interact with several scenes at a time for each puzzle. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from the final scene.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:19 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I might buy this game in the near future. Happy Gaming!

HiLupe
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by HiLupe on Nov 12, 11 10:36 AM
Wow, great game! I haven't finished playing this yet and have found some of the puzzles to be challenging, which I like. Great graphics. I'm really enjoying this!

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 3, 12 6:05 PM
I enjoyed the first game very much, so this one was a most have, the game was everything I expected after the first one, good graphics and nice story.

Still I am glad I bough the regular game and not the CE.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Feb 14, 12 10:02 AM
love the game well done big fish. graphics colourful. music dymanic. lots to collect and do. helpful sparkly hints.

frederic09
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by frederic09 on Mar 4, 12 10:00 AM
Yeah it's a good game ^_^

I just wonder when the 3rd episode will come.

I would like to understand why something like that happend.

Oh Jesse you're just so clumsy

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Apr 12, 12 6:11 AM
This is a catch Great game Great developers You won't be disappointed

Go to: