Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by Protea on Jul 3, 10 2:47 AM
After finishing the "one hour" went to purchase the game and it downloaded the game from the beginning.....still a lot of screen changing went on.......it actually ends up playing in a wide screen with a black band top and bottom of my screen, I have the normal 19inch flat monitor, this is the first game that this has happened for me.

A thought......as a lot of people have wide monitors and loads of us are still on "old type"...I wonder if there is not a way for BF or developers to put in a choice of download ie:.......wide screen or normal, it would certainly help fishes with a lot of issues.

Apart from all the resolution changes, the game is working perfectly

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Jul 3, 10 5:49 AM
HI,
I'm new to the forums but I have a new computer running windows 7 with all the goodies and I had to post here. I downloaded the demo and it ran fine. Then when I purchased the game it started downloading an update. Update would not install. Did not get any message from Avast (I use the free version if that has anything to do with it) but the game manager kept telling me it couldn't write the file to the location. I checked the location of the game to load and it was correct. After about ten uninstalls and reinstalls and the same message I figured it had to be game manager. So I went into options and played with that. That didn't work. Finally out of shear frustration I rebooted and reinstalled again and went into game manager and just unclicked all the settings and re-set them and it worked! So far the game is playing fine.
Also, I changed my browswer from IE to Firefox and found a big difference. I found out that computers running IE with 64 bit have a problem with adobe flash player. Since changing to Firefox I have had no issues and I even run Abandonware on my computer along with new games.
Hope this helps someone. I really thing game manager is problematic. Good luck everybody and thank you for all the tips and help through all the years.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jul 3, 10 7:22 AM
Re full screen problems: I went into Options, clicked Full Screen, and it worked. My problem now is that I am at the railroad tracks, but nothing is happening, I get no hidden object screen, and no arrows to direct me anywhere else. I'm stuck. Help anyone?

rskowron
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rskowron on Jul 3, 10 7:36 AM
I've tried everything to get this to fit properly on my screen. Changed resolution, etc. I have a 19" wide screen monitor (laptop) and the game puts the bottom part of the game below the bottom edge of the screen. That's all the inventory items, menu, hints etc., are unusable.

Glad I didn't buy this turkey. Only BFG game out of many I've purchased and demo'ed that has given me any trouble.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 3, 10 9:43 AM
Hi everyone!

We've been in contact with the reported anti-virus companies, including AVAST (ETA: We have been cleared by AVAST) and I'm glad to hear that the anti-virus messages aren't happening for most. However, if you are still receiving these messages from other AVs, please contact Customer Support so we can connect with the AV company that flagged the game.

If you are having issues with your screen, it may help to adjust the Screen Resolution and on some computers you can hit the 'auto' button on your monitor.

Sometimes screen issues like images only being shown in blocks or a blanks screen are actually display issues that can, most of the time, be fixed with updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates can also help with game freezing or crashing as well. Here is a link to our help article with more information.

Display Issues

If you're still experiencing these issues, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 10:00:07 AM PST

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Jul 3, 10 10:14 AM
I too was getting the "Hardware Acceleration/Update Driver" error message. The game wouldn't even start. So I followed the directions on this page: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158.

That solved the problem! I had to go to my driver's website and update my video driver. I've never had to do that before with any other game, but I was glad that worked. I didn't play past the demo though.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 10:16:36 AM PST

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Jul 3, 10 1:55 PM
laraly wrote:I have downloaded the trial, but the game won't open, it says to accelerate the hardware and update the driver, done all, but still won't open.
Lately many games I have tried had technical problems of various types.
BFG what's going on?

I too had that message. Mydriver is up to date and I can't enable or disable a display accelerator on my laptop. If there is an accerator I can download I can't find it. Have messaged BFG for help and hope there is something they can do. Didn't have any of those virus or malware messages thank goodness

Skari
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Skari on Jul 3, 10 2:09 PM
jddrn wrote:What is a driver's website?

Hi. I don't know computer language, but here's what I kinda know. Every now & then you have to update your video card. The "driver" website allows you to update software you already have for free (like Windows Updates). If you follow the directions on the Big Fish link below, it will tell you exactly what to do to learn what kind of video card you have on your computer, and it even includes links to the most common driver updates. (Mine was on there.) Then just follow the instructions on the driver page. It's really easy and just takes a few minutes. I've never had to update my video card before, and my computer is just over a year old, but I guess stuff needs updated all the time. Good luck.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 2:19:38 PM PST

mz_dori
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mz_dori on Jul 3, 10 6:19 PM
I am still waiting for a reply from customer service. I am happy that the issue has been resolved through Avast, but I do not use Avast, and my virus scanner is not an issue. I guess next BF will have to talk to Superantispyware? This is getting frustrating, because I would really like to play this game. The demo worked just fine, but the full version does not. It is not a driver issue for me, my computer crashes completely. Not fun, and not good for my computer either.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Jul 3, 10 8:13 PM
I am having the same issue with size. My monitor is saying that the input is not supported but when I select windowed mode I get the whole picture in a smaller scale and it seems to have been set up in wide screen mode. Does any one know (including BFG Support) of a fix for this? I have the other Flux game and there was no problem with that one.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 4, 10 5:21 AM
Hi, I have been playing and thoroughly enjoying the Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole and had reached Chapter 12 when my laptop suddenly crashed. I was at the point where I had the net in my inventory, had moved to the side of the ship and was hunting for the objects (but hadn't gone into the ship) when the machine shut down on me. I went to bed! But this morning I re-opened the game and it opened at the point where the dingy (with oars inside) was ready to move to the next scene BUT nothing happened - no arrows, no items left to find, only the instructions that there was nothing more to do in that area. The picture told me to look for items around the dingy but there were none to find.
How do I proceed?
I actually put in another name and started the game from the beginning but obviously want to complete my first attempt. Everything else seems to be working OK, I just can't move forward anymore in Chapter 12. Any suggestions?
Kind regards, Pat_ric_ia

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Jul 4, 10 5:48 AM
SpoilerAlert

For those who can't pick up the book:

If you can't pick up the book in the first chapter, you have to restart and pick the book up just after entering through the door. If you do anything else first, it won't let you pick it up. I had to restart 4 times.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jul 4, 10 6:42 AM
Pa_tri_cia_: I have the same problem - I'm just starting the Lincoln chapter, and I get no hidden object scene, no arrows to move to another scene, nothing! I e-mailed customer service and am waiting for a reply.

[Post New]by findme4 on Jul 4, 10 7:02 AM
i've seen a few posts with this complaint but haven't seen a fix... i played this game just fine twice but on the third (and subsequent) attempt to open and play all i get is a flashing screen. i was restarting my computer but found that logging off did the same job. is there a fix for this?

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jul 4, 10 12:19 PM
I am fed up. I tried everything. Seems that my video card may nort support Windows 7 (not likely). I followed all BFGs help instructions to no avail. Have emailed BFG for a refund.
This also happened for The History Channel Lost Worlds game.

mimmiyh5 wrote:
laraly wrote:I have downloaded the trial, but the game won't open, it says to accelerate the hardware and update the driver, done all, but still won't open.
Lately many games I have tried had technical problems of various types.
BFG what's going on?

I too had that message. Mydriver is up to date and I can't enable or disable a display accelerator on my laptop. If there is an accerator I can download I can't find it. Have messaged BFG for help and hope there is something they can do. Didn't have any of those virus or malware messages thank goodness

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 4, 10 7:18 PM
I was able to get around the black bands by manually changing the resolution and the game plays ok UNTIL I go into to a close-up puzzle. Then it slows down to the point of practicaly stopping. There is no way I can then play the puzzle, I have to skip it, and get hit with a huge (20 min for the second skip) penalty.

Not buying this glitchy game if I can't play the puzzles.

Very buggy game, they should fix these problems before release.

[Post New]by mermaidkitty on Jul 5, 10 12:26 AM
The problem I'm having is that my game is too big. I can't see the entire game. Part of the left-hand side is cut off and doesn't fit into the frame.

I've uninstalled the game and ran my weekly cleanup of my computer. Now I've restarted and I'm going to try to download it again.

I'll let you know if this resolved my issue or not.

[Post New]by mermaidkitty on Jul 5, 10 12:35 AM
mermaidkitty wrote:The problem I'm having is that my game is too big. I can't see the entire game. Part of the left-hand side is cut off and doesn't fit into the frame.

I've uninstalled the game and ran my weekly cleanup of my computer. Now I've restarted and I'm going to try to download it again.

I'll let you know if this resolved my issue or not.

Nope. I've adjusted my screen position and resolution which I've have never had to do before with any game, but I'm still having issues. Please help!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 12:35:32 AM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jul 5, 10 9:24 AM
I dl'd the game with no issues. Played it for an hour or so and got progressively worse 'jerky cursor' and eventually the game has just siezed up and stopped playing.
I have been through all the updates stuff with the Hotel game so I know they're all ok - what's going on? Any helpful suggestions anyone?

mystic54
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by mystic54 on Jul 5, 10 1:28 PM
I too was getting the message that my video card driver needed updated, checked the website for my computer and they said I had the latest version, so I downloaded the latest DirectX and downloaded it again, for the 4th time, now it's telling me that my trial has expired, I haven't even been able to open this game let alone play it, so now I don't know if downloading DirectX worked or not, and I don't want to buy it in case it won't start.
If I keep having problems with BF games I'm going to say goodbye to them, I can play games from other sites with no problems, why do I keep having problems when BF releases them.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:47:10 PM PST

Go to: