peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vault Cracker

[Post New]by peachycat on Jul 3, 10 11:35 AM
I'll definitely be using my credit on this one! Really enjoyed it!

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Jul 3, 10 11:57 AM
I had demoed this elsewhere and had a big problem with it running properly. But, I knew BFG wouldn't fail me. I demoed it and it ran smooth.
I'm not sure whether I like it or not.
I like looking for the objects and what to do next. I don't understand WHY I'm looking for some things (trying to understand what I'm doing concerning the plot).
Yet, it's enjoyable.
Nothing too hard, too tiny and, so far, the mini games are just enough to make my feeble brain work.
Hmmmm. Have to do some more reading on comments, but I may end up with this regardless.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jul 3, 10 1:03 PM
I admit, I approached this game on tippytoes at first and then got sucked in non-stop from the opening abduction scene.
1 hour later, whilst cheerfully digging through piles of assorted litter, there was a chorus of manly groans behind me when the demo ran out. ALL my hardcore gaming men (husband, son, son-in-law, friends of son) had been peeking over my shoulder during play, LOL.
Oh, yes...game play was a bit sticky, but no crashes or freezes.....
Great initial heart thumping plot line....hope it doesn't fizzle out.
The lady has skills, no rust, even after years of diddies and rocking chair duty. Advanced burglary must be like riding a bike or Motherhood can bring out the hidden cat burglar in us all.
Crystal clear graphics, tons of related objects to find between several balloons (?) of other related items that made sense according to the job at hand. Yes, some of the things in the clutter were not true sized but that breaks up the monotony and I think it adds to the general fun.
The few mini-games I ran across were short, sweet and finding Mouse was hilarious.
I was forced to dial up the grey cells when challenged to reach the roof but watching my character climb made it worth it.
A steal of a deal, thanks BFG.

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jul 3, 10 2:05 PM
Happy 4th of July Everyone and thanks for the reviews!

I really wanted to like this game for some reason the graphics were really fuzzy for me and I normally don't have that problem ...sigh.

I hate loop music another downer for me, could be played with sound off but I like my sound on LOL.

It is a sale weekend but I have several I am testing I will play a little more but at this time it has not grabbed me enough to purchase, I do like the theme of it though.
Tapping foot what to do what to do?? LOL
Off to test more games and pick my favorites that are on the back burner.

Happy gaming sale weekend fishes

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 3, 10 3:15 PM
I really like this one!! The demo was a lot of fun to play. You are penalized for too much clicking and it's clever the way the a lock and chain appear in place of the cursor but that is only briefly. I also like the audible voice acting. I think having audible voices adds a lot to a game. I liked the way you direct the girl to go to different places. It's done in a way that you easily follow and understand. I found nothing to dislike about the game-the graphics are good, etc. Hints refill quickly, too, but I haven't had to use very many of those. The mini games that I did were fun for the most part-I think I only skipped one. I also like the two ways for finding the hidden objects. It adds to the interest and none of the objects were too small for me. Needless to say, I took advantage of the sale and bought it as soon as my trial was up. Great game, !! I would love to see a sequel to this one!!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 3, 10 3:56 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but this game doesn't grab me for some reason. Still have seven minutes left on the demo and will probably leave it at that. It's got good graphics but the hidden objects are too easy and the mini games are also too easy. It's a no buy for me.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 3, 10 4:25 PM
Half the demo was more than enough for me. I wouldn't buy it as a daily deal even.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Jul 3, 10 4:34 PM
I'm sold on the game. Played 15 minutes and quickly was enticed with the plot and the graphics are great. Soundtrack isn't very good, but I can live with that. Can always turn on the stereo.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 3, 10 4:36 PM
I like the graphics of this game and having to work out where to go next instead of just having a new hidden object scene appear after I have found everything on the previous one.

There are a couple of things that felt slightly off to me though and they were:

Having solved the patterns to get the numbers for the vaults it did not seem right that I could not actually dial the numbers myself or even see the dial turning to the correct numbers, it just felt ... incomplete.

Playing dress up fits the game because Melissa needs different disguises but it would have been much more believable if, as well as dying her hair each time, she could have changed the style even slightly. (Anyone who likes this aspect of the game should try Masquerade Mysteries as the disguises in there are much better. )

Apart from that I am enjoying the game and am off to play some more.

C

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 3, 10 5:06 PM
I'm back, failed to mention in my first comments that the game did shut down on me at first. My goof, just didn't want to publicly look like a ditz or feeble old lady who should be in bed by 8pm, not playing demos at 2am , but this game did keep me awake. Big

On the opening I could not enter my name, I usually type in the date of starting the game, that way when I return to finish later and it says March 15 and it's July I know why I don't even remember playing it Soooo I went ahead and clicked Play and Options, got past the first airport scene I think, and game shut down, went back to title page and quit. I exitted and started over from GMg, that time it dawned on me I probably forgot to click New Player to get the blinking cursor and type name. Usually games just go right into action calling you Player or name of character. So, after doing it right I had no "tech" problems. On we go....

NOT for hard core adventure gamers, I see why you'd be bored. LOL Memaw, your cheering section to go on. Someone over my shoulder would make me too nervous to play. This game is perfect for those (like me) who never like long file adventures wandering around clicking every pixel groping for something to do til serious tendonitis sets in pain and paralysis and glazing over I'm overcome with brain fatigue (boredom). And my pc LOVES the lack of life size animation waiting for characters to act out real time the next thing. We love the little animations walk walk walkie, leap to a building. Resource shortcuts, like footsteps sounds and footprints in Big City Adv during next transition loading. So, you get a "feel" of an adventure without missing 3 meals or a couple days wondering what to do. Just hover cursor around, no need to random click, something changes then one click. I didn't realize before the lock thing was too many clicks. I thought a blocked location. And I meant left, not right building is where I went, sorry. One item, some line thing I figured I'd have to ask a hint for, didn't know what it meant. But somehow it jumped in my inventory anyway and it was the line to get to next rooftop in next scene. Yes, thank you, help an old lady across the street, especially if leaping to rooftops. Need all the hand holding I can get, even can "playlike" I'm playing an Adventure game like the big guys No complaints. 4 more punches to go......

[Post New]by MinniereGramIsHe on Jul 3, 10 7:05 PM
I enjoyed the game, so many small games & I thought it was funny getting her outfits. I don't get caught up in the stories in the beginning, Later I will but this is the first day & I am more interested in the Seek & Find. This game was great, & you can even tell what you are looking for. On some games if you use the hint button I still can't see where it is at. This game could get a new person hooked. lol

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 3, 10 8:30 PM
WELCOME MinniereGramisHe to the pond. Many of us also look for Hidden Objects that are VISIBLE and decide on games not tiny or fuzzy. Or, starting out not too complicated, I like a feeling of finishing and accomplishing something. Frustration isn't fun for me.

I thought too it is a good mix of gaming things to do for an introduction to interactive for new players, a bit of adventure too. I'd like to suggest Valerie Porter and the Scarlet Scandal, this reminded me of, another interactive IHOG I found a fun mix and not too hard, I could skip some bonus features that took more speed. I thought of it because you also dress her, do her makeup etc, and it did have an immersive story for a change. She is a news reporter back in the 1930's, good period environment. I like light entertainment, fun or funny games easy on the eyes and no timer. Not too easy, not too tedious braintwisting.

The discount sale is a great time to test all the waters, find your new addiction LOL.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 8:34:13 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 3, 10 9:16 PM
so, i was a little worried, as the title brought to mind "safe cracker" and i didn't really care for that one... this game, however, IMO is nothing like that! there is a great variety of puzzles with immediate and long-term goals... there are hidden object searches and mini-games galore....

the story opens in an airport where noah is quickly separated from his mother... kidnappers tell her they want her to pull a heist to get him back although she has tried to build a new life for her and her son... immediately, she contacts an old friend, mouse, to help her get through this mission... intriguing? yes... and the story builds from there, offering lots of twists and paths for development...

controls are easy, but sometimes sluggish with the custom cursor... gameplay is easily defined, goals easily recognized, targets relatively easily reached... the music and voice characterisations aren't bad, but could use a little help...

for variety, for gamer friendly play, for intriguing story... i have to say that this will be a buy for me this holiday weekend!

happy cracking!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 3, 10 10:09 PM
There are a number of things that didn't sit well with me while playing the demo. First, there is just too much vocal conversation. And, as someone before said, there is no panic in her voice about her child being taken. Maybe this happens to her a lot, I don't know. Also, I felt like I was being led around the game by the developer, or just the way the game is put together. You're told to "look here" or "crack the safe," when it could have been a better game if they had let you figure it out yourself. I mean, when you had to play the ball game to get the numbers to open the safe, here I am frantically writing down the numbers as they appear for only a few seconds, and -- nothing. I didn't have to do a thing about the safe; didn't have to turn any knobs, or enter the numbers in the right order. It was all done for me.

Graphics were very clear, light and easy to find ****'s. But the problem still remains that I don't like being led around like a dog on a leash. Let me do some thinking. I honestly don't think the game play would be any different in the difficult mode (I played the casual mode) because that is just the way the game is made.

Sorry, didn't float my boat. There are better games out there.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 3, 10 10:16 PM
May I also say that it is not just you guys that are having technical problems with the game. It was very sticky and slow and jerky at times. When I went to the options menu and asked for the custom cursor, closed the menu, and nothing - no different than the regular cursor. There are pauses in the game where nothing is happening, and you try to get her to walk down the stairs or go somewhere else, and she won't move. Then, almost like it was loading something, she automatically does something that you did not tell her to do, it (again) was just done for you. Thank goodness my computer did not crash, but when I quit (with a few minutes remaining), it took forever to get to the screen where the Big Green Fish asks you if you want to play again or buy it, and then it took forever to get to the "get tips in the forum" menu.

I suggest anyone who actually does have their computer crash, that they get in touch with customer support immediately. I don't see this as a good sign.

Thanks for listening.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 3, 10 10:34 PM
I was surprised I enjoyed this game as much as I did. Maybe I'm becoming jaded, but from the storyline synopsis here, it didn't sound very interesting. Boy was I surprised once I started playng.

I started off in the relaxed mode, but had to quickly change to advanced. Even so, the advanced mode seemed really simple. Enjoyable, but relatively easy, especially the junkpile hidden object scenes. Also, the hints in the advanced mode were still very, very quick to reload which is nice. The music was nice for a background. It didn't become irritating at all. I do enjoy FROGs and if you do, you will enjoy this game as each scene has multiple fragmented areas. Your cursor sparkles in the areas where there is a hidden object scene and a gear appears when there is a fragmented scene so you can't miss them or miss what to do in each scene.

In my hour demo, I got halfway through the second chapter so I am not quite halfway through. A definite purchase for the sale price this weekend. Thanks BF!

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 10:38:37 PM PST

noahnana
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by noahnana on Jul 3, 10 10:39 PM
Great game - loved it! Lots of variety. I knew I had to get it when I got mad that the trial was over.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jul 4, 10 12:42 AM
General recommendation: Buy.

I really liked this game to my surprise. Usually I'm not much for junkpile games but the story pulled me into the game and I liked the voice acting.

The graphics were very good and the objects were generally the right size and color. There were no dark scenes thankfully. Objects were somewhat tricky to find but there was a very generous hint system with a fast recharge time.

The sounds were ok with the exception of the music which I turned off after a few minutes since it does have a short loop.

The animations of the character moving were enough to give a sense of moving from place to place without breaking the story and gave a sense of actually being there.

One thing I really liked was the "people" watching part of the game where you eliminate possible suspects by using characteristics about them, like wearing jeans. I've never seen that before.

Another thing I liked was the "dressup" phase where you could customize her look.

The puzzles were a little thin I thought without much challenge but the thing that bothered me was how you didn't even get to twirl the dial on the safe. Even if you are just spinning it, it would have added more realism.

Overall, this was a surprisingly good game.

Edited on 07/04/2010 at 12:45:09 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 4, 10 1:06 AM
I actually am enjoying this game and it ran w/o a hiccup on my laptop. It's a very unique game and I like games that are out of the ordinary. I haven't finished yet, as I work on several games during a session as not to get too bored. With the sale discount, the game is well worth it IMO.

[Post New]by stankerbell on Jul 4, 10 2:01 AM
I played the demo, I didn't pay attention to the story, the graphics are nice but it's just too easy. I didn't have any technical problems with the game although when you shifted from one scene to another there was kind of a lag.

Go to: