Re:Post any Vault Cracker technical issues here only

[Post New]by jacrod5 on Jul 5, 10 9:40 PM
scarlet_11dy6 wrote:Sound stutters on transitions.

I am stuck on the roof where the billboard is and can't find the item in red to get to the other building - please help!!!!!

lindawithag
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by lindawithag on Jul 6, 10 8:13 AM
I am stuck in the house in the library/office - the dollar hidden behind the painting above the desk - keeps reappearing - The first time I got as far as the painting morphing into a find the person game then my computer froze - I uninstalled, etc and same thing - it puts me at the fence with the dog but allows me to go into the house - can't get any farther along...bleh...

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Jul 6, 10 11:59 AM
deesi wrote:
Sadsid wrote:I dont know how but I did get the last glass shard to go in by placing it at the upper middle of the circle and clicking. Then I was able to finish the game, so just try that and I hope it works

Thank you so much!!!! I was able to finish the game!!!!

Thanks for that great tip! I was able to finish and go on to the camera. Thanks!

[Post New]by TheLadyNala on Jul 6, 10 2:47 PM
Same problem as wittse
I went through the vent on the rooftop into the bedroom cant look under bed for the hidden objects so I cant get the key to open the nightstand. I can click on the painting over the bed, thats about it

[Post New]by msmiley2 on Jul 6, 10 4:13 PM
I made it all the way to the senator's house with no problems and now it won't let me find the last two items which are the cassette and pipe. It's showing that i've found the dollar bill but i really haven't and when i click on the dollar behind the painting it doesn't do anything because the game shows that i already found it. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it put me at the fence with the dog stating that i need to find the bowl but the barn area is off limits. I go back in the house and it still shows that i'm missing those same two items. Anybody else having this same problem, if so, how do you fix it? This is frustrating because this is the second time i've purchased a game and i couldn't finish playing it because of glitches. PLEASE any suggestions before i get my credit back from Big Fish.

[Post New]by EILEEN54 on Jul 6, 10 4:56 PM
BobR754 wrote:
kgd70 wrote:I got water for the dog....found the door knob for the little shed...I don't remember how far I got after that but I had to quit the game for awhile...when I went back to the game the dog has had water, he is in the dog house, but I no longer have the door knob and there is nothing else I can do in the game. Would it be helpful if I uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

I had the same problem, when i went back into the game, the dog was at the fence, i went to the dog house, and the dog was there, and the doorknob was not there anymore. you cannot go any further. do you need to restart the game? is there a less buggy fix available?

[Post New]by EILEEN54 on Jul 6, 10 4:58 PM
I am in the house by the doghouse. I can't get the compass. The hint shows me where it is, but when I click, it will not get the compass. It is on the bookshelf according to the hint. Have a Mac, never had problems with the games before. Any suggestions.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 5:00:59 PM PST

[Post New]by EILEEN54 on Jul 6, 10 5:01 PM
The compass is nowhere near where the hint shows you. A bit frustrating!

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Jul 6, 10 8:55 PM
TheLadyNala wrote:Same problem as wittse
I went through the vent on the rooftop into the bedroom cant look under bed for the hidden objects so I cant get the key to open the nightstand. I can click on the painting over the bed, thats about it

That's my issue also!! I un installed and re-downloaded the entire game and it didn't help!!

Please BF!! Get a repair from the developers!! I'll be asking for a refund VERY SOON!!!!!

bfonville
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bfonville on Jul 6, 10 9:08 PM
Same problem as Chloeemily. Can't pick up the file from the safe.

Tynee
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Tynee on Jul 7, 10 8:47 AM
After I downloaded/installed/activated the game, I kept getting "Script Errors." Every time I hit "yes" (to continue) it gives me another error, and another error, etc. When I hit "no" the games closes. All of my software updated, including the Windows Flash -- everything is current. It just won't play. Sorry Big Fish, no catch this time.

[Post New]by heather1943 on Jul 7, 10 10:08 AM
arvalynne wrote:I am having the same trouble in the bank lobby. The last 2 glass shards will not lock into the circles so I can't complete that task. I went to the help page as suggested, but there was nothing there for this game.

I played the game 3 times before I could get the glass shrards to go in. Just click on them on the right side of the circle a couple of times and they should go in. Sure made me happy to discover that.

prspice5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by prspice5 on Jul 7, 10 12:23 PM
kgd70 wrote:I got water for the dog....found the door knob for the little shed...I don't remember how far I got after that but I had to quit the game for awhile...when I went back to the game the dog has had water, he is in the dog house, but I no longer have the door knob and there is nothing else I can do in the game. Would it be helpful if I uninstalled and reinstalled the game?

I got the same problem kgd70, I unistalled and reinstall but still got the same problem, im stuck dont know what to do, guess i wasted my money on a game that doesn't work

[Post New]by chloeemily on Jul 7, 10 2:51 PM
JoeBuddha wrote:This is a good game with some good ideas. It's full of bugs however; the developer needs to focus on quality next time. I found several bugs aside from the mirror Extremely frustrating!

FYI: I've been a professional software tester for over ten years; never would have signed off on this one. It is ALMOST done, but needed some fit-and-finish.

Totally agree! I've never had a game with so many bugs that show up after purchase. It's a good game and would be a lot of fun if I wasn't constantly having to quit and come back into the game to try and get it to work. Each "safe" puzzle has required multiple restarts b/c I am unable to click on the object in the safe and then it's been pure luck when I've finally gotten the game to advance. Game hangs up at odd places when trying to shift scenes, and the whole "change your wardrobe" has been very hit or miss. I've re-downloaded and reinstalled this game 3 times and I'm on my 3rd user name and I'm done at this point. Based on this experience, I would be extremely hesitant to purchase another game from this developer.

KayeT
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KayeT on Jul 7, 10 6:02 PM
Add me to cannot look under the bed. Need key to open the nightstand drawer.

[Post New]by DebKNe1 on Jul 7, 10 7:13 PM
I paid for the game and downloaded yesterday, even played it Opened this evening and cannot get past the script errors. Bugs should be worked out prior to posting.

[Post New]by actsay on Jul 7, 10 7:25 PM
I am having the same script error problem and have asked customer service for help. I was told that it was an Adobe Flash problem. However, when I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave like the person told me to, it did not work. I'm now in the process of reinstalling the game for a third time, but I doubt it'll work properly, since everything was up-to-date already. I am with those people that say these bugs should be worked out before they get put on Big Fish for us to purchase!

[Post New]by queenofcups on Jul 7, 10 7:49 PM
I'm stuck in the hotel room unable to progress to finding the key... however, I played it last night, and was able to get under the bed and did the hidden object there, including finding the key, but had to quit after that. Now, I expect to log in again and resume play, but I don't have the key and I can't get back under the bed.

[Post New]by chikie on Jul 7, 10 9:37 PM
BobR754 wrote:

I had the same problem, when i went back into the game, the dog was at the fence, i went to the dog house, and the dog was there, and the doorknob was not there anymore. you cannot go any further. do you need to restart the game? is there a less buggy fix available?

[Post New]by chikie on Jul 7, 10 9:44 PM
I also have the EXACT same problem with the dog(s) and doorknob. I had opened the door, but had to leave before completing the search. When I came back and restarted I no longer had the doorknob but now had a dog in the doghouse WITH water, and one in the front yard without and no way of getting any farther in the game and no place else to look. Demo was fine, I wasted a free punch card game on THIS????? Let's test a bit more diligiantly please!!!!!

Go to: