snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 5, 10 6:30 AM
mutantarcade wrote:Hi everyone!

First off, to everyone who's downloaded Skymist, thank you!!! We really hope you're enjoying it.

I wanted to hop on and add my two cents about OpenAL - it is a software library that we rely on in Skymist to play music and sound effects, which is why it's installed along with the game. To be clear - it's NOT malware, spyware, or anything else that will harm your system - but it is important for the game to run. We're following up with BFG to see about updating the installer to be a bit less scary - we certainly realize that reading a bunch of vaguely threatening legal terms and conditions is not necessarily the most comforting experience right before installing a game.

Again, thank you so much for downloading Skymist, and we apologize to everyone who's been put off by the installation experience.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

It's a lovely game and I'm enjoying it very much. I always like to see the creative minds behind these games come to the forums and mingle with consumers, I think it shows a high level of commitment.

[Post New]by LADYQPID on Jul 5, 10 6:31 AM
Hi all, well i took te plunge and started this game. dont like the graphics, they are very old school but the game is GREAT! and I am tearing my hair out. If anyone had gotten through this can you please give me a hand with the pool parlour? I cannot figure out what to do with the darn 3 balls, I have clicked on everypart of the room and nothing. I have opened the safe easily, but can't figure out what the balls do? And do they give me a key to the tool box? pLEASE HELP. I am never going to start another game without the walkthrough being done first, this is just so darn frustrating. It takes about 20 minutes a level, except the cinema, which was just as frustrating and I had to turn off the system and go for a walk, then it came to me in a flash.... goood game, very challenging in spots and very simple in others, good mix. Oh and as for the added software. I trust my virus scan to help if there is an issue, so I downloaded it and used it... too naive??? maybe, but I got to play the game didn't I. Have fun with this one fishies, its good!

Argggg just found a walkthrough http://full-free-games-version.blogspot.com/2010/07/skymist-lost-spirit-stones-walkthrough.html and to my horror find that the thing i was trying to do was what i am supposed to do, which means I need to reinstall and hope its not a glich, and i have to START FROM THE BEGINNING.... that sucks. grrrrrrrrrrr

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 6:37:36 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jul 5, 10 6:59 AM
Thank you for chiming in and nice to meet you.

And thank you for such a delightful game.

First off, to everyone who's downloaded Skymist, thank you!!! We really hope you're enjoying it.

I wanted to hop on and add my two cents about OpenAL - it is a software library that we rely on in Skymist to play music and sound effects, which is why it's installed along with the game. To be clear - it's NOT malware, spyware, or anything else that will harm your system - but it is important for the game to run. We're following up with BFG to see about updating the installer to be a bit less scary - we certainly realize that reading a bunch of vaguely threatening legal terms and conditions is not necessarily the most comforting experience right before installing a game.

Again, thank you so much for downloading Skymist, and we apologize to everyone who's been put off by the installation experience.

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Jul 5, 10 7:04 AM
Thanks for all your comments, Fishies. I wanted to buy this with the 4th of July coupon. Now I have 2nd thoughts. Hope BFG cud come up with some solutions.

2leap
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 2leap on Jul 5, 10 7:40 AM
What a treat! The bright, crisp screens are so easy to work. Game downloaded and played with no problems. And it is fun to play. Thanks to the developers and BF.

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Jul 5, 10 7:45 AM
Is there a walkthrough?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 7:46 AM
Cjb58 wrote:Is there a walkthrough?

There's a full walkthrough right here at Big Fish Games. It has complete instructions for all chapters, including step by step instructions for the inventory tasks and marked screenshots for the Hidden Object Scenes.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Have fun!

Robin

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 7:47:22 AM PST

ubydudy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ubydudy on Jul 5, 10 8:10 AM
OK Puzzledone - If you and Margie B say that the installer is OK, I will give it a try. I especially look forward to your reviews because you and I seem to have the same taste in the games. And without Margie B's walkthroughs and answers to problems, I would sometimes be really lost. Thank you both. And thank God for the forum!!!!!!!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Jul 5, 10 8:34 AM
I think i will demo the game.

THANKS as always MARGIE B & PUZZLE

Be bk l to give what i think

Happy Gaming

PEN

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Jul 5, 10 9:24 AM
Installed and played the demo with no issues (Vista 32 bit); found 3 of the 7 orbs in an hour. HOG scenes not too easy and not too hard. Used a couple of hints. Not a huge fan of the "find pairs of objects" but to be fair they were also somewhat challenging. Enjoyed the adventure aspects which also weren't so obtuse to be impossible. Journal gave pretty clear clues to this part of the game that I actually avoided after looking the first time because it made it too easy. Might buy with 4th sale - weighing my choices.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 9:27 AM
carolwst,

If you're concerned about the length of the game, you will only be 1/3 through when you've collected the 7 orbs. There are 26 chapters in all.

Robin

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Jul 5, 10 11:46 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:After the prolog, I get only white rectangles instead of text. Can't even write the user name.

Same here. I did allow AI to install (it's in the game folder) and I tried the suggested Win 7 fixes with compatibility mode - all that did is now the game won't even start.

Like others, I am running a Win 7 64-bit system.

I hope there will be a fix soon. I had hoped to purchase using the 4th of July discount.

Thanks,
Linda

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 5, 10 11:57 AM
Hats off to the developers on a well made game. Objects can be hidden well, which makes the game more interesting. Love to figure out what to do to reach things in scenes. Overall, a good challenging game.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jul 5, 10 12:11 PM
I'm loving it! I beta'd it and had a whole lot of problems but you fixed it up nicely. Thank you. I have now bought it so will leave you all to enjoy it.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 6, 10 1:01 AM

Kai Tagawa
Mutant Arcade, Inc.

To the devs of this game; can you please tell me why I can't play the game without changing my screen res and playing it in windowed mode? Never had this with any other game. Setting screen to any res does not change the size of the game to be able to see anything; everything too tiny. Only thing that works is changing screen res and playing in windowed mode and even then things are fairly small. I have W7 and 64-bit! Also HD widescreen. Would running as administrator help??
Really want to enjoy this game as it looks fun...........
Thanks,
Belamba

[Post New]by bonnieau on Jul 7, 10 7:11 AM
I am stuck on chapter with beer kegs put tap on one got half mug beer when to take tap of keg I had the wrench now it is gone can anyone tell me where to find wrench again so I can loosen tap from beer keg

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jul 11, 10 6:31 PM
No issues with download or play - game sort of short - and became repetitive but overall nicely done and okay story line
Was worth the sale price but not full price

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 11, 10 6:43 PM
Update in case others haven't been reading other threads. There is a rebuild for the game correcting some glitches, and adding some skip buttons missing on some puzzles like the movie marquee. I DL the new version and it saved where I had progressed to, the movie one, and if you play around with it for awhile, seemed like 5 minutes, maybe less, then the skip button activated to use. I used it because even after trying several of the suggestions how to manipulate it, I still got frustrated. Still haven't gone back to finish, lost my focus waiting for the fix, but did enjoy so far, to my surprise. Not usually fond of to and fro and remembering inventory stuff, but is more user friendly.

[Post New]by Sharzahan on Jul 16, 10 2:02 PM
Same here, the playing screen is not totally in sync, the height is too big, and i don't see any text, just white oblong shapes. win 7 home premium here.
shame
/
sadji wrote:Do not see any text in this game. My PC works with Win7 64 bit.

[Post New]by Sharzahan on Jul 16, 10 2:03 PM
No txt, just white rectangles. And the height of the playscreen is out of sync, it's too hight and the width is small. Shame. Win7 home premium user.
Shar

Go to: