janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by janspack on Jul 5, 10 2:50 PM
Just finished the game. Another one really worth playing. It's given me a good few hours of fun.

I so much prefer those games with a bit more to them than just searching for hidden objects so this one fits that bill. OK, the story is a fairy tale but we all need a bit of that in our lives sometimes surely.

All in all, well worth buying.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 2:51:44 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 5, 10 3:06 PM
Great ihog. I have bought this game today on sale.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jul 5, 10 3:31 PM
Totally AWESOME game! I loved every second of it! Thanks BFG! This was worth the wait!

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,783 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Jul 5, 10 3:43 PM
At first glance, this did not appear to be my kind of game....fairy tales, girly girls and makeup...just not my thing. Boy, am I glad I read the reviews! This game was lots of fun and I particularly liked the heroine (lol). It's challenging without being too frustrating. It has a great sense of humor. It's reasonably long. There are a lot of HOG sequences so if you don't like that, look elsewhere. Mini-games are varied and also challenging but you can skip them if you like. There were a few items that I either was unfamiliar with or didn't know what they looked like, but hints recharge quickly. (I now know what my car's shocks look like, as well as spark plugs). Was hoping for a little more snarky humor at the end to put the princess in her place, but overall was very satisfied with this game and hope to see a sequel soon!

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Jul 5, 10 3:50 PM
I read all the comments when I was half way thru the trial and almost didn't buy it but I was having a good time and there were enough of you who said to go for it, so I decided to go for it,. I am so glad I did. Had a great time. Felt like the length of time was worth the costs. Had a blast loved the playful batter back and forth and once I got the hang of it loved that I had to think my way thru instead of being lead thru the entire thing.

When I first started I thought aw man this is for kids Boy was I wrong. Glad I bought it and thanks for the heads up to those who said buy it cos thanks to you all I did!!

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 3:51:14 PM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 5, 10 3:53 PM
After I read cherbtoo's review I was all set to buy this one. Then it started sounding more like an adventure game (lousy at those). Then other reviews mentioned the journal. It's going to be a buy for me! One thing I'm definitely looking forward to is the humor. That's one of the reason's I've enjoyed both The Magician's Handbook games. Thanks to all who have taken the time to post revierws. I still have dial-up Internet and really can't download the demos. I rely on the reviews!

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 5, 10 4:13 PM
robin94122 wrote:There is an incorrect click penalty, but it's small. From the Blog Walkthrough:

If you have too many incorrect clicks in a row the scene blurs for a few seconds, but there is no other penalty.

With regard to the movie theatre puzzle:

We have a full set of instructions for all the inventory tasks, including that one, in the Blog Walkthrough. It's a bit easier than it seems once you realize how to handle it.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try This Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

As far as inventory tasks with no instructions: the game does have strong adventure elements, so you do have to figure out some things on your own. However, there are several places where you can get helpful hints about what to do next, even if you don't want to check the walkthrough.

To begin with, always check the Magic Journal in the lower right of the screen. If the icon is an open book, there are new hints there that you haven't checked yet. If the icon is a closed book, you've already seen everything, but you can still click if you want to reread it.

Next, any place where your cursor turns into gears or a ? is a place where you can click with an empty cursor and get a hint about what is needed. These hints will usually appear in the text at the top of the screen, but may appear in the Find List area.

Oh, and it can be helpful to open your Inventory Tray and see what you have in there. One time I didn't realize I still had the Crowbar I'd picked up earlier (it's one of the items you can use more than once), and it turned out to be just what I needed!

Still, there's no question that the inventory tasks are a big part of this game. Different people like different kinds of games. I really enjoyed this one.

Robin

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 5, 10 4:21 PM
great lighthearted fun game that lasted the better part of a rainy day-could have lived without the theatre thing-but kudos to robin for saving the day-muddled thru it FINALLY. definately worth the money thanx BG!!

[Post New]by towncardot on Jul 5, 10 5:02 PM
I started the game and now I am stuck in the bowling alley, I need a fuse and I don't have one I have started the game over 2 times, and there is no fuse to pick up.
One was in the tool box outside of the garage, but it did not go into my invertory
HELP

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 5, 10 5:24 PM
towncardot wrote:I started the game and now I am stuck in the bowling alley, I need a fuse and I don't have one I have started the game over 2 times, and there is no fuse to pick up.
One was in the tool box outside of the garage, but it did not go into my invertory
HELP

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? There is a marked screenshot that shows the exact location of the Fuse you need for the Bowling Alley, so it should help. (It's in the Bowling Alley, so don't worry, you will be able to find it when you need it.)

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Jul 5, 10 6:43 PM
At first this game gave me a little scared... im not usually of fan of princess type games... but then the graphics were beautiful and spectacular that it had me tangled within minutess ... I wasted all the hour trial.. and know im sad because i don't have any money to buy it... O well maybe for next occasion!!

BUT overall it's a pretty good game!

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 5, 10 6:52 PM
I finished the game and loved it. The **** Scenes were all different you didn't have to keep going back and find the same things all the time. I didn't have any technical trouble at all. I loved the mini game when you finished ( the hexegon things) wished there had been more. More mini games keeps you from getting bored with just looking for ****'s

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 7:00:44 PM PST

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jul 5, 10 6:57 PM
The items in the H/O areas were sometimes too distorted for me to recognize but I like the direction this went in. Was hoping to get a few games during the sale but I'm not finding anything....ahh well.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 6:57:56 PM PST

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 5, 10 7:13 PM
I might be in the minority here but I really liked this game and had absolutely no problems with the game running or displaying. It was very intriguing and quite lengthy. Thanks, BF!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 5, 10 7:49 PM
Played about 15 minutes and bought it. Thanks for another great game to enjoy and for the great sale price!!!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 5, 10 7:58 PM
while i enjoyed playing a little of the demo to get a feel for the game... i have to say that it feels someone did a "seymour" game after staying up all night watching a dr,who marathon; meanwhile their co-conspirator had had to snuggle in with the kids for yet another viewing of cinderella after spending half the day watching mythbusters vs. junkwars... there was definitely a "whimsy" to the game that has been lacking lately - the question is: does it move me?

the controls were easy to manage, the goals easy to understand and not that difficult to fulfill... the music is really quiet, subdued to the point of fading out of mind once enveloped in the story... the characters are oddballs to say the least, but they don't jump out at you every ten seconds, either! and the simplicity of the graphics leads to bright caricatures of items large enough for even the most myopic of players [i should know - i'm almost legally blind!]...

the colorful stage, the soft music, the bizarre cast of characters... what a show! can't wait to see what unfolds next! this is just my kind of mayhem!

happy searching!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Jul 5, 10 8:23 PM
The demo was okay, I felt like there was a slight lack of challenge, I finally hit my click limit when the screen went funny for a second. I just got finished with a Maya project, and graphics wise I felt some pieces needed some smoothing. I probably will not be purchasing this right now, maybe later, not sure.

Worm3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Worm3 on Jul 5, 10 8:27 PM
I really enjoyed this game it felt like the people were really talking to me and I was responding back. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to place items together but sometimes my attention is that of a three year old.

linisleo - You take the rope + rag + gas then light with match.

Worm3

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jul 5, 10 8:30 PM
I liked this game. I am glad I didn't listen to all the negative posts and tried it for myself. I has great interaction, the scenes are not all the same as in so many hogs i have tried. The puzzles are not simple, which I like but doable. I installed it with no problem and no virus.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jul 5, 10 8:35 PM
ember89 " this is just my kind of mayhem! "

LOL I know. Gotta love it!! (And now for something different)

I still don't believe I had to use a hint to see that bug zapper! I wasn't looking for something different, like a spray can....? I even clicked a spatula hoping it was a fly swatter

I don't mind laughing at myself adding to the fun. And my inner child hasn't faded away along with the short term memory or eyes so MORE GAMES LIKE THIS!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 8:54:42 PM PST

Go to: