[Post New]by tblair on Jul 6, 10 8:47 AM
all i can get is the LON to light up. how soon before theskip button is added

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by carolina67 on Jul 6, 10 10:36 AM
I looked at the walkthrough and after several attempts, I got the gist of it. The important things for me were: (1) how the letters were counted and (2) the fact that resetting is important. Anyway, completed it and felt satisfaction is doing so.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 6, 10 11:54 AM
Well Robin, here it is again. I came on today after uninstalling and then installing hoping this would fix this glich but it did the very same thing. The picture is very jumpy this time and when I clicked on the switch the first time, it dissappeared. I find it impossible to solve this without the switch. Worse part is I really like this game and this is the only problem I have had. What do you suggest I do? Thanks so much for trying to help me.

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 6, 10 12:02 PM
I am having the same problem, I have tried both sequence and I getting very pissed. This is really a pain in the ****, the game so far is good except for the theater...
HELP

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 6, 10 12:04 PM
I have tried both combination and nothing, this game so far is great but this theater light is very frustrating....
I

[Post New]by lostsoulkiara on Jul 6, 10 12:27 PM
Ok have tried every thing been on this for half an hour I have all letters lit up except L,I and 2nd O please help ty

kshee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by kshee on Jul 6, 10 12:40 PM
Okay, I am stuck with all letters lit up except the E and the last O, near the N. Help.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 1:03 PM
Just a quick note...I'm at my day job and will be back online around 6 pm tonight West Coast time. I'll post step by step instructions then for all the requests that have been left here for anyone who has 3 or fewer letters still dark.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 1:04 PM
On the disappearing Switch--unfortunately, that sounds like a technical glitch. You can click the Switch early in the chapter and it won't do anything because you haven't turned the power on until you've visited both zoom scenes. (See the Blog Walkthrough for full instructions.) So it's not surprising that it doesn't work early on.

But it shouldn't disappear altogether! I'd go ahead and report that to customer service by cilcking on the green envelope in the right column.

I'm so sorry you've run into that--it sounds really frustrating.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 6:36 PM
lostsoulkiara wrote:Ok have tried every thing been on this for half an hour I have all letters lit up except L,I and 2nd O please help ty

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: L, I, and 2nd O are dark, the other letters are lit up.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the L.

3. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn on the 2nd O.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

6. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn off the L, but don't worry, we'll turn it back on in a minute.

7. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the I.

8. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back to the E.

9. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the L.

That should do it!
Robin

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 6:37:37 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 6:45 PM
kshee wrote:Okay, I am stuck with all letters lit up except the E and the last O, near the N. Help.

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: E and 2nd O are dark, the other letters are lit up.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O, but don't worry, we'll turn it on again soon.

3. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the 2nd O.

4.. Click on the 2 arrow button. That will turn on the E, because the letters wrap around.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle is still under the E.

6. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn on the 1st O again.

That should do it!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 7:22 PM
On July 6 an update was released for the game which provides a SKIP button for the Movie Lights inventory task.

It's not in the corners like the HINT button. Instead, it's part of the artwork for the scene.

Locate the arrow buttons in the lower left. Just above them is a poster for the movie. Just above that poster is where the SKIP button will appear. It will be a large white rectange that is hooked into the electrical circuit for the sign.

This button will not light up until after you have solved both zoom scenes and worked at the puzzle for a bit.

Once it lights up, you can use it to skip the rest of the puzzle if you prefer.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 10:13:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Jul 6, 10 9:58 PM
A million thanks to you, Robin!! I actually went through the entire chapter again to start over on the theatre sign. I followed your directions for no letters lit up and I'm in!! Whoo Hoo!!! Thanks, again!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 6, 10 10:24 PM
Oh Robin, I hope you are here. E is the only one dark on my marquee. I am holding my breath. What do I do now?

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Jul 6, 10 10:45 PM
Thanks - that worked!! off to the next group.

Kathy - vegaskitkat

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 6, 10 10:48 PM
ROBIN YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE IT BUT i DID IT! We have had temperatures in the upper 90s and lower 100s the past few days. We have had power outages also and tonight they installed a new transformer to correct the problem after several hrs of no elect. Now my game is working fine! I had no problem with the marquee letter scene at all! I didn't realize there was low voltage in the evenings when I was playing the game because the tv and ac worked fine but that must have been the problem after all. Tonight my switch did not disappear! I apologize for being such a pest about this. You have been so patient. Thank you!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 11:34 PM
theoldbag wrote:ROBIN YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE IT BUT i DID IT! We have had temperatures in the upper 90s and lower 100s the past few days. We have had power outages also and tonight they installed a new transformer to correct the problem after several hrs of no elect. Now my game is working fine! I had no problem with the marquee letter scene at all! I didn't realize there was low voltage in the evenings when I was playing the game because the tv and ac worked fine but that must have been the problem after all. Tonight my switch did not disappear! I apologize for being such a pest about this. You have been so patient. Thank you!

I'm so happy for you! Don't worry--you weren't a "pest" at all! I know how frustrating it can be to get stuck in a game! I'm just glad you were able to get past the problem.

Have fun with the rest of the chapters!

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 11:42 PM
theoldbag wrote:Oh Robin, I hope you are here. E is the only one dark on my marquee. I am holding my breath. What do I do now?

Anyway: E is dark, the other letters are lit up.

The letters in this puzzle wrap around, so that the E comes after the N. So to turn on the E, we have to come at it from the end letters.

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O, but don't worry, we'll turn it on again soon.

3. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn off the 2nd O. Again, we'll turn it back on in a minute.

4.. Click on the 2 arrow button. That will turn on the E, because the letters wrap around.

6. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn on the 1st O again.

7. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn the 2nd O back on.

That should do it!
Robin

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Jul 7, 10 2:27 AM
I cant get the bolt cutter to cut the beam and drop on the crate :-( or wire the copper wire ?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 6:49 AM
crawle1960 wrote:I cant get the bolt cutter to cut the beam and drop on the crate :-( or wire the copper wire ?

That's a completely different chapter--it's the one we call the Basement in the Blog Walkthrough.

There are several steps involved, so probably the best thing is just to take a look at the Blog Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, plus marked screenshots, so it should help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

We try to keep comments for different Chapters in different forum topics, just so it's easier for others to find if they run into the same thing.

After you've looked at the Walkthrough, if you still have questions come back to the forum and feel free to start a new topic with a detailed subject line, perhaps: "Basement: can't drop the beam." But the walkthrough will probably be all you need.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: